VN - Ren'Py - Football Star [Ch. 1.5] [Space Gaming]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Tomy75

I had to raise the score of this VN because I really enjoy it. I mean, it has flaws, the English is not very good, making some sentences quite hard to understand sometimes, but the story is quite entertaining and overall enjoyable.

I read a lot of criticisms about the girls being all sluts and the MC being a wimp, so let’s clear these 2 points:

- The MC is not really a wimp, he had only ONE girlfriend in his life, cheating-Anna, she broke him really hard, he spent 2 years isolating himself from girls in high school, fearing they would break him again. Now he’s back on the market but is totally clueless when it comes to flirting and reading love/sex signals, so he’s clumsy, misses a lot of free sex, but is it really a bad thing? Should he fuck everything around? That’s not how I see this VN, it’s more about regaining trust in others and self-confidence in himself.

- As for the girls being all sluts, this is totally wrong except for the girls in Zoe’s sorority, they are self-proclaimed sluts and used as such by Zoe, for the reputation of the sorority. They don’t care, that’s their choice of life and they enjoy it, let’s forget about them. On the other side we have the cheerleaders, who are not the same (Zoe rightly says that they are girls you introduce to your mum rather than one-night stands). Even Lola if you take the time to get to know her, she is a softie inside but keeps a slutty façade to hide it. Nat (Beth’s half-sister) is known as a slut but she’s not really a love interest, we hardly see her, so I don’t care.

Now let’s talk about Quinn as I see a lot of tension here regarding this girl in particular. So, she’s in love with the MC and wants more, if the MC says that he likes her too, he then also says that he can’t commit now because it’s too soon, so they agree to a deal: they are allowed to sleep with other girls/boys, no string attached, just sex, until the MC wants to get serious with Quinn. Then there is the shot thing everyone is talking about which happened during one of the parties. I understand the frustration of some players in front of something that could be easily considered as NTR. I hate NTR too, but then I thought: what if it’s simply something she did out of jealousy after seeing the MC surrounded by so many girls wanting to spend a night with him? Did she really find a guy that night or is she just messing with the MC to get him jealous? Maybe I’m wrong but we’re never seeing her with anyone else. Future will tell and then I hope we can make the choice of rejecting her or not.

Anyway, I would hate to see this VN abandoned because of the bad reviews and I’m sure that the dev can correct whatever is not appreciated by you guys in the future.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Ilcoriglianese forte

a game with complete confusion, a ridiculous story, characters that are not very credible, nothing is saved from this game, girls whores in the harem, typical of American trash films, drugged males and slutty girls, no innovation. Waste of time playing it.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

AntoniH13

I'm going to be straightforward with this, it's horrible. Both the main character and the romantic interests are very, very unpleasant. Everything feels practically forced, and visually, it's quite bad.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Posseman

Just a bad game, MC is a little bit weak and easily manipulated. Girls are not worth it and multiple variable errors that should have never happened. Game isn't worth playing. Story wise it makes sense to turn down the girls thirsting for the MC do to prior issues with a girl and for him to naturally open back up to being with a girl, but instead you have girl after girl throw themselves at the MC and for him to just hook up with some random girl from a rival sorority. Also you have no choice whether or not you sleep with the girl, it just happens and honestly she wouldn't be worth the effort, straight up skank.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

FatYoda

Game is pretty good, Kind of a copy of WVM miixed with BaD. Nothing to hate there, but the MC turns down sex FAR more often than he says yes...I get wanting to slow roll a game, but if sex is offered to a college guy by a gorgeous woman...come on. If you want to go slow that's fine, just stop having the girls attempt to throw themselves onto his cock.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

DirectXD1943

Just...poorly made in all avenues really.

Visually, it's bad. The models are lifeless, the lighting is unnatural, even the posing is garbage and broken.

The writing is awful. Grammatically it's a mess, the story as a whole is generic and bland, the characters are almost entirely one-dimensional and intensely obvious that they will only do whatever the dev randomly decides they will do.

There is nothing I can genuinely point to and say is good. It is a mess. The audacity for the dev to say "trust the process" to all the criticism is staggering. I can't see any way this project can be fixed to be amazing besides a remake, and even then the concept is so bland that they might as well just make a new project.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

burlax12

This game has many flaws, but I could look past it. But then the blackmailing arc happened and it was just so stupid. The player was not given a choice and was forced to go along with it, while seeing the MC push his friends away and hurting them in the process.

And Quinn? I wanted the MC to choose/spend the night with her bcs I actually like her, even took her on that long 12-hour drive. But apparently, she was already determined to fuck other people, and the player once again was NOT given a choice at all. Why? Just why? What's the point? Is this supposed to be harem game? Apparently not since the LIs fuck other people. Romantic theme where you choose one to date? I guess not since the choice was not given. Oh man. Must be a kinetic novel then.

I can't recommend the game when there are more better-written AVNs out there than this one. Maybe one day in the far future, this would be reworked completely. But until then, it's an absolute no.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

AgnorWolf

oh boy... I don't even know where to start with this one. the first demo wasn't terrible but the red flags where there. This might be one of the worst mcs ive ever experienced.. like I get you got cheated on. I have aswell and so have most people in there lives but you dust yourself off and get on with life. His self pity and shitty attitude to everyone around him is infuriating. he comes across as a borderline incel.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Between the pathetic mc, the convoluted story, I honestly just cant recommend this game to anyone.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

macacosss

The story is good and it will be interesting to see how it evolves since there is only the prologue out.
    The renders for the girls are good and the sex scenes could be improved since its one animation in a loop.
    There is a good variety of girls and they are interesting and the choices look to be in which character path you want to follow.
    Hopefully the Dev can do the Football matches since you are a football player in college.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Silentlord85

Football Star v0.1
    3/5 stars.

This is an update and edit to my previous one.
    there has been some major changes since soccer star v1, its pretty much an entirely new game, it has some elements of the old and loosely based off it.

the biggest changes, the dramatic increase of the model renders, the backgrounds and scenes are the same, but the characters; oh boy, sooo much better, its like night and day. hats off to the Dev on that front.(though the eyes on some are freaky in certain scenes, and some obvious clipping on the models.)

dialog and grammar is also vastly improved, no more blocks of text. much easier to read and follow. still some grammar issues, but far, far better than the original.

The bad however, in my opinion. the story. now don't get me wrong, Football star's story is good as a standalone. but compared to Soccer star's story, its in my opinion a downgrade. the original story was i thought, excellent and well planned out, it was just the script and dialog that needed tweaking.

I also personally hate the start. though its similar to the original script, its execution is waay different. no context is given like the original, so it takes awhile to figure out whos, who and whats going on.
    as, this current script feels rushed. scenes come and go so fast, and others feel forced. the pacing i think needs adjusting. maybe also add more of a backstory at the beginning, like the original.

i have a feeling in particular, the only lewd scene, was forced in by the fans/supporters? feels far too soon and rushed, the pacing was far better in the original script.

speaking of lewd scene. the animations.... im sorry, but they are straight up bad, i would much prefer a still over them, thats how janky and bad the current is.... its a shame aswell, with the huge increase of model renders, its a bit jarring. but, im sure the Dev will improve or change over time. so not overly bothered by that.

i also got the feeling it was much shorter than the original, dunno if thats true. but it seemed to end very quickly. possibly due the pacing, not sure. no good on scripts etc...

Overall, despite in my opinion the worse of the two story/scripts, it is overall better. will see how the story progresses. i like it still, not as much as the original, but i will defo still keep on my active watch list and follow it.

Soccer star v1

At present i can only justify a 2/5 star.

The VN at present is still very rough, maybe abit too rough to release. dunno.

The story is.... okay. not the worst, not the best. the pacing of it though, is all off, rushed and forced in places. for an interactive novel, its not that interactive. the MC is forced together with all these people, with no option to ignore or cut out certain ones. then next scene they are all bonded liket hey have known each other for years. (looking at you Beth, need to be able to boot her the hell out.)

Visuals, not great to be honest. alittle lacklustre... also alot of scenes involving multiple people, but only 1 static image ever used.

English and Grammar. this part would be a straight 1 star. its bad, like really bad.
    although to be fair to the dev, the spelling isn't too bad. but the grammar is awful. had to re-read the sentences multiple times to try and understand what was said. The Dev really needs to better proof read it, or get some help, to better layout the structure.
    as far too many blocks of text are in fact, several sentences mashed together without grammar.

Despite all that, this VN does have potential, and i will follow and change my score/review, as and when its updated.

Its rough but worth a quick check.

P.S. Its football not soccer. especially when your using alot of english words for the mothers, rather than the american ones.

also give him a damn top! he goes everywhere in just pants, important school meeting. no shirt. coffee with friends, no shirt.