Ren'Py - Completed - Forbidden Basketball [Final] [Effx Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

rafaaa

The story is good and funny, of course its other game of college but if they can do something good in that setting will call more people. Renders are decent but there is room for improvement. Mini game are good but needs to be more polished because there is some bugs (atleast on the gym mini game). Girls look good but hope the dev dont forget to implement character development on them in the future episodes (like that they dont seem like sluts). Hope he removes multiple protagonist and focus only on the MC. Its a game with potential if the dev listen to the feedback.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4175327

the game isn't as bad as the other reviewers say it is.
    renders are pretty decent, and while the story and writing could be better, it's the first update and it will get better. dev is already taking the criticism and making notes.
    it might not be everyones cup of tea but that doesn't mean it deserves 1-2 stars.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Crosaith.

Edit - Game is marked as "complete", but it was pretty much abandoned. Adding a rushed ending to a game that goes nowhere ain't it. Fuck technicalities.

Alright, these reviews are getting a bit wild. This game has issues, but it shows potential & ain't that bad. Dev has read, acknowledged & said he's working on resolving many of the criticisms mentioned in this thread(including mine). I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. This is the first release.

Good stuff
    1) Women look great.
    2) Basketball.
    3) Solid writing. Characters have personalities & ain't cardboard cutouts.

Bad stuff
    1) Mini games. Skippable
    2) Naked dudes, dream bj & off screen pissing content. First two are now skippable. Pissing stuff was left in due to story reasons.
    3) I wanna punch Simon. Thankfully we got the option to do it. Can we have the option to do it again?
    4) Some technical stuff like loading being done in an inconvenient way. Fixed. There is now a back button and loading works properly.

Will likely adjust review as game is updated.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Hyperserver

Re-reviewed on EP 2:

I have to admit the game changed A LOT since last release.

Important in front: changed my review rating up to 4 stars (previous 3 stars).

There are still parts of a sandbox inside, but it doesn't really feel like a grind. All way is guided by hints.
    The most controversal scenes are 100% skippable, and there is even a hint what's following, so you can easy avoid.
    The renders and the girls are still outstanding.

So why am i not giving 5 stars? Well - a review is based on personal experiences, and this game just didn't cuff me like others. Maybe it's because of the old worn out "highschool" setting, maybe it's because of the basketball-focussed storyline? maybe it's because there are too many other dudes who interfere with my personal enjoyment... i honestly don't know.

Nevertheless, the developer did DEFINITIVELY a big step into the right direction by listening carefully to the feedback after the last (first) release.

I can even agree to people rating this game 5-star, as it got all you need if you are into highschool/basketball/multi-guys - just for me i can't give the last star because of that - sorry.

Nevertheless it may be worth a try and figure out for yourself whether you like it or not. The game is absoluteley well done now (gameplay).
    Each way, i wish the developer the very best, but i am nevertheless out of this game (REALLY no offence - just personal taste).
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Dunduk_

This game is terrible.
    The plot of the game is almost 1 in 1 repeats the plot of the series Blue Mountain State. Dialogues, events, characters, their names, partly even their appearance.
    The interface is very bad. Why was it necessary to make it impossible to load a saved game? Nonsense. Partially fixed.
    Mini-games are complicated, unnecessary, strange.
    The author's literacy (in Russian) leaves much to be desired.
    I don't recommend playing this game in any way.

This review is based on the first episode. After scrolling through the text of the second episode, I didn't notice much improvement, so I won't torture myself and try to play it anymore.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Prokopije

Based on Episode 1. Episode 2.
    This is bad. It improved a little but not much.
    If you don't like kinetic novel with fake choices packed into annoying sandbox than stay away from this.
    There are unavoidable sex scenes, so you as player don't have choice to avoid girls you don't like. It seems you'll be forced to bang whoever dev says you must.
    This somewhat changed, but there is still no clear reject option for chicks we don't like. I mean, you can decline to have sex with some milf, but you still go to sleep in same bed with her naked. WTF? No sane person would do that. Not interested, don't want to even see her naked, let alone to do what stated above.
    There are also mini-games. Dreadfull ones. Player is given litteraly 1,3 seconds per phase of game to solve it - if you fail you must start all over again. Mini games improved, but they're still more annoying than entertaining.
    Story... There is not much of it. Standard college cliche. You play as typical testosteron-overpumped schoolboy who's going around with thoughts "what a boobs" what great ass" "I'd do her this or that..." And you have friends... Which are even more creepy than you (MC).
    Models are mostly good looking, which is, so far, only positive side of this game.
    If you have spare time, try it, see it for yourself, you might like it, but I don't have desire to play this game again.