VN - Ren'Py - Forbidden Passion [v0.11.0 Premium] [PPanGames]

1. 4.00 star(s)

memes memer

i previously gave this 5/5 stars but after playing 0.3/0.4, i really don't want to hate this game but i kinda do.

0.5 update: seems like the dev is improving in real time and adjusting to the criticism or just dumb luck but 0.5 seemed to improve on the primary problems imo. so i'm upping from 3/5 to 4/5. overall i think it's like a 6.5/10. it's worth a play just for the visuals. dialogue is still bad but not so in the way of itself that it ruins the strong points of the game. i know it's hard to hire a writer that isn't just fluent in english but actually understands pacing/build up/pay off but i wish the dev would take a look at some games like resident x which is kinda the opposite of this game where it's strongest points are story/character/scene setup/pacing.

DESIGNS 9.5/10 -virtually perfect imo, maybe some of the clothes like the mom's yoga top in the grandma/mom scene could be better like having underboob would be better or just not having this weird stick-to-the-skin cloth that appears in lower quality rendered games

RENDER QUALITY 6.5/10 - it's not that best but it's good enough to let the fantastic designs shine

dialogue 3/10 - the dialogue is really bad and distracting. this is my biggest critique of the game. the dialogue is bloated and could easily be cut down by 30-50% in the right way (not cutting content) and the game would be a lot smoother. i also just don't understand what the game is going for as of versions 0.3/0.4. if the game is trying to be non-rapey then take the route of making the girls hyper horny and perverted themselves and have the taboo be the tether that creates buildup/sexual tension (which the game seems to suggest but then seems like it's very unclear to even itself that's what it's going for). if the game is going to indulge in consenual non-consent material, i personally don't like this approach of making the protagonist being kind of almost sanctimonious in a way that's actually contributing to making the game more blue-bally but then at the same time engaging in very rapey behavior which is very realistically written to a rapist irl in how they would explain away and justify their sexual assaults/rapes. "i just couldn't control myself. it's not my fault. i shouldn't do this but i just can't help myself." it feels too realistic in the worst way that don't add to immersion or the fantasy element of a sexual fantasy game.

OVERALL SATISFACTION 4/10 - this is pretty much being entirely carried by the design of the female characters and the core ideas behind the scenes. the execution, dialogue, and protagonist are points that are either an immersion break from the sexual fantasy element for me and/or detract from eroticism.

CONCLUSION: this is really one of those games that would benefit massively by working with someone who makes one of those anime-style erotic games that don't create their own visual assets but have a strong grasp on eroticism, story, character, etc. this game needs a lot of help and maybe this is personal but this feels too rapey in a realistic and douchey way. i'm not one who can't enjoy in good sleep or consensual non-consent fantasy content but this feels too real. i don't like it. it doesn't feel like a fantasy at all in dialogue even though having tifa from ff7 would suggest the game is a erotic fantasy game. i feel like the game just doesn't know what it is. is it trying to be not rapey? is it trying to be very realistic to an actual predator? i can't tell, or rather, it feels confused. maybe there's too many authors with conflicting visions for the game? maybe there's just one author and they just don't really know what they are doing when it comes to character and story execution for erotic games? i also want to say the general character personality concepts are fine. they're not particularly bad. it's the dialogue and execution of the scenes (like the blue-bally nature of how the scenes unravel) that are really a detraction from the overall experience.
  2. F
    4.00 star(s)

FrillNeckBlizzard

Very, very, very solid start.

The renders are gorgeous, that they are. The characters are fun to interact with, and the story lends itself well the scenes, in that they flow together well. There's no weird mix-up you may find in other games where the text says something and the render is doing something else. Continuity points, +1!

The writing is nice! Grammar is there, which is a major +! I feel like there could be a little more dialogue to butter things up and maybe create a more natural banter between characters but other than that, well, you're smashing it, mate!

Seriously though, game is nice, and I really look forward to more!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Shadu

Pros: The story feels fresh with no useless dialog that will get you to skip to the action part, the characters are likeable so far as the choices are usable and dosent make the game seems its to close of a kinect novel. Yea its another incest game but its different in its own way that makes it realistic for the players to understand and on a side note this dev is probably the only one on f95 that can transition over from 2d to 3d with great renders and a interesting story that have the readers hooked so he's definitely worth a patron thats dedicated to the community. The game seems to know what route its going in so it dosent trick any of the players. It dosent have non sense mechanics that will get you frustrated like minigames including the hard ones or sandbox with no walkthrough or useless clicking that could of been better use for players to fap. Its a worthy download to play and 100% has the potential to be one of the top 3ds that has a great team behind it. THIS IS A MUST GET ON EVERY UPDATE!! if your a heavy FAPPER like me then THIS WILL GET YOU TO FAP EVEN ON NON SEXUAL SCENES. As a first release bravo

Cons: the story will get you hooked in wanting more so cautious!! i recommend to slowly take in every conversation to make the lust last longer. The only real con will be if this game joined the abandoned genre with the other great games that could of helped the community so with me saying this means the game have something that the fans can appreciate