Feb 24, 2021
Good news is Pixel Game Maker is getting a Godot port instead of relying on Node webkit.

If they manage it right, than Pixel Platformers will actually start running well through the engine.
Maaaybe. Godot isn't famous for being optimized. It's getting there, but it's got growing pains compared to Unity. (this is not an endorsement of Unity btw, fuck Unity)

omp123

Sep 25, 2017
It's his 3rd update in years, it's going to be a very long time before there's a "game" to be had. There isn't a whole lot to run like dog shit.... It's currently a showcase of some updated enemies, a gallery basically that's it. It's not really FOBS C yet, it's a remake of A and B with the new engine allowing him to finish it off eventually.
This logic isn't lost on me, but I'm well within my right to take a look at this barren, broken, hollow shell of a reboot for a game that's already been well-established and packed full of content and not be happy throwing money at it. He started this reboot because of "limitations with the engine" yet it's clear he's severely struggling with this new engine, as this is the second build where I've managed to get myself clipped through the ground simply by attacking while landing from a jump. Now we have to wait for him to learn how to make a game from scratch in this new engine just to catch up to what he had in the old one. He should've just wrapped up FOBS A as its own game and worked on B as a sequel in the engine that he's already used to. Now we've backpedaled and have to sit and wait for him to re-learn everything all over again because this engine has more potential.

Feb 24, 2021
This logic isn't lost on me, but I'm well within my right to take a look at this barren, broken, hollow shell of a reboot for a game that's already been well-established and packed full of content and not be happy throwing money at it.
Honestly? You make good points. I've definitely got less animosity as I'm a new fan and willing to wait on projects (I've got way more I'm invested in than just this game), but I can see how this whole situation really burns old fans for good reason. As an aside, I feel like the least Zell could do at this point is lessen that paywall. Maybe people on the payment plan get the demos early (instead of being the ONLY ones to get demos), or maybe give them other rewards instead, like showcasing behind the scenes bits or cut content. He's got several games he's worked on at this point, I'm sure there's material for something like that.

If I actually manage to figure out *how* to support him, and these demos don't get better, then I might just be in the same boat as you. And looking back at Shiro no Yakata... uh oh. That might be where we're headed.

omp123

Sep 25, 2017
Honestly? You make good points. I've definitely got less animosity as I'm a new fan and willing to wait on projects (I've got way more I'm invested in than just this game), but I can see how this whole situation really burns old fans for good reason. As an aside, I feel like the least Zell could do at this point is lessen that paywall. Maybe people on the payment plan get the demos early (instead of being the ONLY ones to get demos), or maybe give them other rewards instead, like showcasing behind the scenes bits or cut content. He's got several games he's worked on at this point, I'm sure there's material for something like that.

If I actually manage to figure out *how* to support him, and these demos don't get better, then I might just be in the same boat as you. And looking back at Shiro no Yakata... uh oh. That might be where we're headed.
So far the only way I've found to support him is by buying overpriced ToraCoin of Tokyo Otaku Mode, and those coins apparently expire in 90 days.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021
So far the only way I've found to support him is by buying overpriced ToraCoin of Tokyo Otaku Mode, and those coins apparently expire in 90 days.
Tried to get those, card said no. Can't use PayPal either. So I guess it's not an option for me.

Mr. Cofman

Apr 16, 2024
Hmm... releasing a "demo" in such buggy and unfinished state is quite a... brave decision.
Though it gives a glimpse about what this game can become.
Hmm... and yet I feel like something is wrong.
Any thoughts?

zdzxcx

Jul 10, 2021
Hmm... releasing a "demo" in such buggy and unfinished state is quite a... brave decision.
Any thoughts?
I think you're confusing an alpha demo for a full-game demo. that's my thought. This is very early work, this isn't meant to be reflective of the full game - just a small preview of what he has available.

MrNice88

May 28, 2022
Any thoughts?
I get some people don't want to pay for not even something unfinished but barely started but that's not how I see it.
You support a creator like Zell because you've enjoyed his previous works and want to incentivise him to carry on making those kinds of games, I see Zell as the best pixel art animator for H-games there is. The progress updates you get are just a bonus to see how he's getting on.
With FOBS I understand people just want the game finished as the original part A&B were so good, I want that too. But the engine he was using did suck pretty bad.
Maybe it would've been better to finish it with a part C and then do a remake where they could all be linked together in one game, but that's a lot more work for what seems like a really busy guy.
He's already got 3 other games lined up with SA2, Shiro no Yakata and another horror game.
I don't think it's a brave decision to release what he has with FOBS so far, it's very early days he's just showed off some of the remade enemies. Playability really isn't in mind yet, all the "demos" I've seen him release have just been pretty much a gallery of some of the enemies you'll face, that's how I prefer it to be honest, I'd like to enjoy the finished article as a relatively new experience. FOBS to my knowledge was always a free game too.
The horror game that's he's finished his side of started out janky like this and gradually was refined with each update.
That's my take on it but each to their own I guess.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Mr. Cofman

Apr 16, 2024
I think you're confusing an alpha demo for a full-game demo. that's my thought. This is very early work, this isn't meant to be reflective of the full game - just a small preview of what he has available.
True, I didn't know that alphas and betas were called demo, same as demo of a full release. Though, something is still bugging me. I think this alpha looks too rushed.

I get some people don't want to pay for not even something unfinished but barely started but that's not how I see it.
You support a creator like Zell because you've enjoyed his previous works and want to incentivise him to carry on making those kinds of games, I see Zell as the best pixel art animator for H-games there is. The progress updates you get are just a bonus to see how he's getting on.
With FOBS I understand people just want the game finished as the original part A&B were so good, I want that too. But the engine he was using did suck pretty bad.
Maybe it would've been better to finish it with a part C and then do a remake where they could all be linked together in one game, but that's a lot more work for what seems like a really busy guy.
He's already got 3 other games lined up with SA2, Shiro no Yakata and another horror game.
I don't think it's a brave decision to release what he has with FOBS so far, it's very early days he's just showed off some of the remade enemies. Playability really isn't in mind yet, all the "demos" I've seen him release have just been pretty much a gallery of some of the enemies you'll face, that's how I prefer it to be honest, I'd like to enjoy the finished article as a relatively new experience. FOBS to my knowledge was always a free game too.
The horror game that's he's finished his side of started out janky like this and gradually was refined with each update.
That's my take on it but each to their own I guess.
Hmm... supporting unfinished project is always a risk, but Zell indeed seem to be trustworthy. It's just him releasing such a rushed project made me concerned.
I mean... you can't escape the hold of the starting enemies, and can easily go through the floor on the starting location, which is obviously not intentional.
Of course he will fix it later, but... I just didn't expect to play a game in such state, haha...

Zane Carlson

Sep 22, 2023
Any thoughts?
Maybe it's the fact they are more focused on menu elements and recovering from covid-19 then making sure the demo works well?

Zane Carlson

Sep 22, 2023
omp123
Mr. Cofman
I think I should translate update posts and put them here...
Which I'm gonna do from now on:
(also keep in mind this is just google translate so take this with a grain of salt)

About Blue Skin Forest ③
July 30th, 2024 13:23・All users

I was damaged by my first COVID-19 infection, but I managed to recover.
The cough that continues even after I've recovered is also pretty painful, so I don't want to get it again...

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

★Various additions planned for Blue Skin Forest (As it is still in development, there will probably be corrections and changes in the future.)

★Masturbation
zoILzxrEDQINPxtUClQslFM7.gif
A masturbation motion has been added.
You can start masturbating with the [SHIFT] key.
As with the old version, it is heavily involved in capture and gimmicks.
It is possible to stop the opponent's movement by splashing it during battle, but since the enemy's health is restored, it is basically difficult to use it to gain an advantage in battle.

Since dashing and masturbation are abilities, you cannot actually use them from the beginning.

★ About H during battle
L82OOISsR6mifeLUT6m255SG.gif
If H develops during battle, an attack motion will be inserted beforehand.
You will no longer be captured suddenly just by touching the enemy as in the old version.

★ Agreement H Gauge
ZHShg1jHqho5VZrcIucor2Ym.gif
When this gauge fills up, it means that the player agrees to H from now on.
Standing near a monster that displays this will fill the gauge, and if you are close to it when it is full, H will start.
I think it will appear in various places, from situations such as invitations to H at bases.
You need to stand still for about 3 seconds and it will disappear if you move away even a little, so I don't think there will be any accidental H.

★ Encyclopedia / Achievements
I haven't touched the treasure section yet, but I have progressed with the encyclopedia and achievements.
RXIfLxV639ePLThoX3s3Y2T6.png
I am creating an encyclopedia.
Information will be added to the encyclopedia when the monster and I recognize each other's existence.
You can also judge the capture status in the upper left of the icon.
If there is a heart frame, it is "capture possible", if it is a pink heart, it is "already captured", and if there is no frame, it is "cannot be captured".
However, it's so heavy due to the amount of processing it does that I'm not sure what to do.
It's currently under construction, so there are bugs in the calculation and display processes.
Ljcr6XgDxprsDQf4AgLkT7eN.png Achievements are also being created.
Last time I said that these were parts that aren't related to H, but there are already some that are quite related.
The number of stars will be related to the shop content.
This is also under development, so you will not be able to get most of the achievements.

Once the text for the encyclopedia and achievements is finalized, I plan to request translations.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021
Maybe? I said before, I'm not used to see a game in such state :unsure:
All developers build their games differently. Some like Zell add in all the monstergirls, animations and all the extra stuff before doing the story and the gameplay. Likewise, there are developers of games who do it the other way around, do the story and gameplay first and then add in the extras.

Mr. Cofman

Apr 16, 2024
All developers build their games differently. Some like Zell add in all the monstergirls, animations and all the extra stuff before doing the story and the gameplay. Likewise, there are developers of games who do it the other way around, do the story and gameplay first and then add in the extras.
Heh, which makes their priorities clear.

Mr. Cofman

Apr 16, 2024
Not even the original game was supposed to have any gameplay, it all started as an "monster girl interactive gallery" only later it evolved to what you see now so it definitely much more than what the dev intended to do in the first place.
I didn't know it. Looks like he did make an interesting turn in his project which made it better.
But looking at what state his new project now, I'm actually glad I didn't see what the game was before.
Personal preference, I choose completed, unspoiled experience, which would be able to positively surprise me.

4.40 star(s) 15 Votes