VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Forgive [v0.02 Update 3] [FraGames]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Mister Boombastic

If I understand correctly, this is the first game by the dev and he's still kinda learning the ropes. With that in mind, this first update definitely shows potential but it also has some major flaws.

Let's start by saying that I really like the setup. There can never be too many father/daughter incest games in my opinion so that's a plus. It reminded me a little of DMD, but with an older and more mature daughter. The renders are (mostly) nice and the language is (mostly) good.

However, the characters (especially your daughter) look very strange and even ugly at times. The daughters' model is pretty standard, but for some reason she has a dark grayish skin color that makes her look like a vampire, or someone who died a few weeks ago. The daughter's best friend looks pretty ok in the first flashback, but she looks like she's 38 rather than 18.

Second, the story felt very rushed in my opinion, although that may also be a personal preference. What I usually like about these games is that you grow a certain connection with the characters that feels realistic. But while I was playing this game I didn't once get the feeling that I was talking to my 'daughter'. She gets mad at you for fucking her best friend, you don't speak for 12 years and the moment you meet again it's like nothing happened. She doesn't wear any underwear (why?), she hugs and kisses you, and even wants to live with you... It's like you're suddenly best pals, even though you did something horrible to her.

Lastly, the animations could be better, but for a first game they're pretty decent already.

I hope this didn't sound too much as criticism, because it's meant as feedback. Good luck with this game and possible future games and I'm sure you will improve along the way!