woody

Jan 31, 2017
found a bug , when im told to visit gwen at college on monday or thursday i go she is ringed in pink but there is no interaction ,tried reloading but no luck

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Donald_Punch

zodiac44

Jul 4, 2017
mac version? .rar files dont work on mac
Get 7-Zip. It extracts just about everything. There's a command-line version for Macs at (it says Windows everywhere, but if you look for "7-Zip for MacOS" under the description column you'll find it). There are various Mac GUIs for 7-zip that you can find as well, but none distributed directly from the developer. There are non-7-zip tools that will do the job as well, but I cannot vouch for any of them (Unarchiver seems to be popular?).

zodiac44

Jul 4, 2017
I tried the game for the first time. There's potential here, but there's a desperate need for a "where are the active events" hint system. Hunting for events by going to every location wastes a huge amount of the player's time, and often results in there being no active events at all. Back-of-the-napkin calculation says you have 9 top-level locations and 27 2nd-level locations, for a total of 72 clicks to go everywhere searching for events. That's a lot of clicking to discover where things are happening (or not, as the case often is). Any sort of visual clue that differentiates locations worth visiting from those that have nothing to do would be greatly appreciated.

You might be able to build off of the character icons you already have in place, which presumably indicate where people are. Maybe add a highlight to the icon or something to show there's an active event for that character there? Events not associated with any particular character could use a different icon, but still something that indicates "go here for stuffs".

Reactions: SmallTownBo

SmallTownBo

Game Developer
Feb 23, 2018
I tried the game for the first time. There's potential here, but there's a desperate need for a "where are the active events" hint system. Hunting for events by going to every location wastes a huge amount of the player's time, and often results in there being no active events at all. Back-of-the-napkin calculation says you have 9 top-level locations and 27 2nd-level locations, for a total of 72 clicks to go everywhere searching for events. That's a lot of clicking to discover where things are happening (or not, as the case often is). Any sort of visual clue that differentiates locations worth visiting from those that have nothing to do would be greatly appreciated.

You might be able to build off of the character icons you already have in place, which presumably indicate where people are. Maybe add a highlight to the icon or something to show there's an active event for that character there? Events not associated with any particular character could use a different icon, but still something that indicates "go here for stuffs".
That is already how it works. If theres a scene for a character at that time and location, the characters mark will glow pink.

There's also a full walkthrough for all characters, missions, side missions, and sin paths, in the "Cain" button on the left bar.

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
All three are in midtown
I don't know if you might also be experiencing this... but on PC the right side column of locations, in any area that has that many, gets cut off for me in Chrome unless I close both side panels and stretch the browser width to like 1600 pixels. In case you're only seeing 5-6 locations.

zodiac44

Jul 4, 2017
That is already how it works. If theres a scene for a character at that time and location, the characters mark will glow pink.

There's also a full walkthrough for all characters, missions, side missions, and sin paths, in the "Cain" button on the left bar.
Really? I must be blind or something then. I never saw any highlights, and I could have sworn I found events with no icons. I'll take your word for it though.

[Edit]

Ok, I'm not completely crazy. Not all events have icons. Ex: after getting kidnapped by the witches, the following morning Ellie takes you to the hardware store. There's no icon to show an event there. Now, in context it's obvious what to do (perhaps the story should just progress to that event without going to the map at all?); this is just an example of the events that are missing icons.

[Edit 2]
Danielle getting ready for a date also doesn't have an icon.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmallTownBo

SmallTownBo

Game Developer
Feb 23, 2018
Really? I must be blind or something then. I never saw any highlights, and I could have sworn I found events with no icons. I'll take your word for it though.

[Edit]

Ok, I'm not completely crazy. Not all events have icons. Ex: after getting kidnapped by the witches, the following morning Ellie takes you to the hardware store. There's no icon to show an event there. Now, in context it's obvious what to do (perhaps the story should just progress to that event without going to the map at all?); this is just an example of the events that are missing icons.
Yeah, some of them just trigger when you go to sleep, so those don't have icons. As for the suggestion, that's not a bad idea, the only reason it's disjointed like that is because the scene before the Hardware Store and the one in it came in two separate updates, so I didn't want to lock out the people who made a save in between those. In the end though, I do have a full walkthrough that you can use in the sidebar, which should negate any issues. It can be buggy though, so if you see something, say something!

SmallTownBo

Game Developer
Feb 23, 2018
I don't have the downtown option I only have six options an only the first events that happens with the two moms on repeat maybe it's bugged
Wait, you mean the very first events, before you meet the coven, happen on repeat?

And also, something that someone else mentioned, the grid is a fixed size, and the screen I wrote the game on is large. Consequences of this being my first game. You'll have to zoom out a bit, and you'll see all the locations. I'll see what I can do about that one day, but no promises for right now.

Last edited:

Dackd357

Apr 12, 2019
Wait, you mean the very first events, before you meet the coven, happen on repeat?

And also, something that someone else mentioned, the grid is a fixed size, and the screen I wrote the game on is large. Consequences of this being my first game. You'll have to zoom out a bit, and you'll see all the locations. I'll see what I can do about that one day, but no promises for right now.
Exactly immediately after the prologue and when you unlock the sandbox

3.50 star(s) 12 Votes