Undecided

Aug 3, 2017
Minor bug found: I cannot assign pic related to their own Dominance Training: Basic mission. This means the mission lists inaccurate requirements and/or the game lets you generate training missions for slaves that are invalid for that mission.

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
v1.0.4.0 is an f95zone exclusive version that adds the ability to have a harem for yourself and your slavers, among other content and QoL addition.

Starting from v1.0.4.0 it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to turn your auto-save on (Settings -> AutoSave).

I think with the harem done, all the planned programming works are done. :coffee::coffee:

Now just need to wait for more content woo!

Minor bug found: I cannot assign pic related to their own Dominance Training: Basic mission. This means the mission lists inaccurate requirements and/or the game lets you generate training missions for slaves that are invalid for that mission.
Thanks for the report. I think this is not a bug --- dominance training is special because it requires you to supply a slave to dominate (i.e,. the team needs to have a slave assigned to it).

Reactions: SenPC

Undecided

Aug 3, 2017
Thanks for the report. I think this is not a bug --- dominance training is special because it requires you to supply a slave to dominate (i.e,. the team needs to have a slave assigned to it).
Ah, okay. Good to know. Also, if I make a suggestion.

As someone who put hundreds of hours into NoHaven, one of the biggest issues I found with that game was how predictable the game became in the long term. Because characters basically never changed any traits except during critical mission failures, as long as you could get the team's stats high enough to eliminate the chance of critical mission failures, their missions became basically no-risk, guaranteed-reward things. (I know characters also do change when they level up, but because these all made them stronger, it only added to how predictable mission outcomes were).

So, in my opinion, something that could greatly increase your game's replicability would be to avoid this predictability. Maybe a weekly 0.1% chance of a slaver deciding to quit or getting injured in a drunken brawl. Or maybe a similarly tiny chance of losing/gaining traits on level up due to being affected by their experiences. Or a chance of this happening on mission completion, with the mission type having an influence. Or a guaranteed minimum crit failure chance of 1% on all missions.

Basically there should be enough chaos in the game to prevent players from resting on their laurels and cruising from 100% success to 100% success in perpetuity. Something disruptive that keeps forcing them to (even if only rarely) re-adjust their teams and cycle fresh blood in, to prevent longer games from becoming monotonous.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Ah, okay. Good to know. Also, if I make a suggestion.

As someone who put hundreds of hours into NoHaven, one of the biggest issues I found with that game was how predictable the game became in the long term. Because characters basically never changed any traits except during critical mission failures, as long as you could get the team's stats high enough to eliminate the chance of critical mission failures, their missions became basically no-risk, guaranteed-reward things. (I know characters also do change when they level up, but because these all made them stronger, it only added to how predictable mission outcomes were).

So, in my opinion, something that could greatly increase your game's replicability would be to avoid this predictability. Maybe a weekly 0.1% chance of a slaver deciding to quit or getting injured in a drunken brawl. Or maybe a similarly tiny chance of losing/gaining traits on level up due to being affected by their experiences. Or a chance of this happening on mission completion, with the mission type having an influence. Or a guaranteed minimum crit failure chance of 1% on all missions.

Basically there should be enough chaos in the game to prevent players from resting on their laurels and cruising from 100% success to 100% success in perpetuity. Something disruptive that keeps forcing them to (even if only rarely) re-adjust their teams and cycle fresh blood in, to prevent longer games from becoming monotonous.
No, please don't make this a thing. I'm not interested in manually re-adjust my 10+ teams every week, nor do I want to ruin my perfect built or selected slavers / slaves.
That mechanic is fun in a game like "Darkest Dungeon" since you'll only need to manage a single team each time, and the aim is to pass levels.
But in FoC or NH, the aim is to build to your heart content, your little chaos will only ruin it.
Not to mention those kind of "chaos" - even if it's only 1% chance, is very difficult to balance.

Undecided

Aug 3, 2017
The developer can correct me if this assumption is incorrect, but I'm believe the reason that die rolls are central element of the gameplay is specifically because the game is intended to be one with a notable amount of risk and uncertainty. (Again, I could be entirely wrong here.) But that's usually the entire point of using dice in a game, to add randomness and risk and unpredictability. Something that having completely predictable, no-risk mission teams (at least in the late game) can undermine.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
The developer can correct me if this assumption is incorrect, but I'm believe the reason that die rolls are central element of the gameplay is specifically because the game is intended to be one with a notable amount of risk and uncertainty. (Again, I could be entirely wrong here.) But that's usually the entire point of using dice in a game, to add randomness and risk and unpredictability. Something that having completely predictable, no-risk mission teams (at least in the late game) can undermine.
The uncertaintys is for success rate of the quests (you'll only get as high as 99% no matter what), Not for being given or remove random perks / traits from my hard-working trained slavers / slaves, aka: you can have as random as the results of the quests, but do NOT mess with my units permanently with a RNG that I have no control of.

That being said, "curses' or "injury" which are temporary and can be treated is a different story. But those are already in-game, just not many quests related to.

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Undecided nackedsnake
Thanks for the feedbacks. I also played No Haven, and I understand the concern.

TLDR; This game's "end game" is in the form of ultra difficult missions that you'll need specific team to reasonably clear. There can be no risk missions in the end game, but they won't give exciting rewards.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: nackedsnake

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Starting from v1.0.4.4, the top left UNDO button now works reliably to undo up to the previous 3 weeks.

End of week is MUCH faster now.

Feels good this glaring performance issue is finally resolved.

Last edited:

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
how do you get a slave that is valued at 40k?? ive only every made slaves that are upto 30K+

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
how do you get a slave that is valued at 40k?? ive only every made slaves that are upto 30K+
You'll get slaves with higher base value in later quests, I'd start with 9k base value (not sure if it's the minimum), then after done all training it's value will be over 40k+

pepitoxxx

May 30, 2019
Is there a way to tweak the library of pics so slaver and slave doesn't share the same one, i'm working on expanding it ...

Undecided

Aug 3, 2017
darkofoc said:
you can have as random as the results of the quests, but do NOT mess with my units permanently with a RNG that I have no control of.
Maybe that's where we differ in opinion. You seem to forget these are employees, not slaves of robots. In any job, anywhere, you're going to have people that quit because of personal reasons, or quit because they heard of a better paying job, or can't work anymore due to an unrelated accident (getting randomly mugged, getting into an accident while travelling). They're not things you built from scratch and have total ownership over -- but again, that's just my opinion.

It could create an interesting dynamic where a very powerful team that guarantees 100% win rates could demand pay raises or threaten to quit. It's a bit silly that you can have an elite team like that yet only pay them something like 2% of the money they make, keeping the other 98% as pure profit. Or maybe you could appease them by assigning them personal slaves or luxury apartments or something instead of raises. Just an idea.

Thanks for the feedbacks. I also played No Haven, and I understand the concern.

TLDR; This game's "end game" is in the form of ultra difficult missions that you'll need specific team to reasonably clear. There can be no risk missions in the end game, but they won't give exciting rewards.
You make some good points. Maybe it's just my game, but I've noticed on all my cash farming missions all my teams are basically at a permanent 100% success (or as near to is as possible, making it become increasingly tedious over time). That's why I suggested some chaos on the character side of things. But if you don't want to do that, maybe at least some more variance on the mission side would make things more interesting... like instead of a mission always being level 40, maybe allow it to randomly appear as a range from level 20 to level 60, or so something.

Also some other game design feedback:
  • Assessing slave value can be difficult because there's no indicate of traits' individual value. This makes it hard to determine if a particular slave is truly worthless, or if they a diamond in the rough that can easily be made valuable by removing/adding a few key traits.
  • I'm using 1.0.3.2, so sorry if this has already been corrected but: There doesn't seem to be any way to reference a slave's attribute modifiers or attributes (except before capture). This makes it hard to determine which slaves you want to convert to slavers, since you don't actually know (unless you wrote it down beforehand) which have good attribute modifiers.
  • For duties, most have a single trait that gives "extra chance" on top of their normal attribute %. However, how large or small this trait's effects are isn't clarified. That means the player can't actually make an informed choice about if someone with lower attributes plus that trait would be better or worse at a duty than someone with higher attributes and lacking the trait.
  • Some portraits are so tiny that on many of them you can't even make out anything other than a vaguely humanoid shape. If you're going to use portraits that tiny, they should either be headshots, or alternatively if you'd prefer to keep full body portraits, there should be much larger by default (possibly with an option to toggle them back to small for those who don't care to look at them)
  • Racial body part traits end up being mostly clutter in the UI, since they have no impact on gameplay (except demonic ones). If they aren't given a gameplay purpose, it would be better to hide/remove them; if they're only used for the character profile description, they need to be displayed there.
  • On the topic of races, dragons seem so valuable as entertainment slaves that they render almost every other race obsolete. Some balance is needed here to just prevent everyone from going all-dragon by the endgame. Maybe making the dragon-obtaining mission rarer? Giving them extra upkeep costs due to large appetites? Not sure what can be done here.
  • Desert (trade, scouting) missions take twice as long as normal missions, but don't seem to pay off proportionately better than their forest/plains/city counterparts.
  • Some of the lower-level missions to retrieve an order usually aren't worth it; three slavers could be employed on a money-making mission to often make as much or even more, and without having to sacrifice slave to get paid. These missions should really only require 2 or 1 slavers to reduce their manpower cost, or else have multiple orders per mission.
  • The Academy of Wind missions seem... a bit too frequent. I've got a big pile of wind users as both slaves and slavers, but almost none of the other elements. This missions should be much rarer... or better yet, maybe just make a generic magic academy event that has casters from all element types for diversity's sake.
  • Unless I'm misunderstanding the mechanics here, the corruption system seems to give only disadvantages, making the ability to corrupt slaves largely useless. I think having a chance for corruption events to give a boon instead (strength, larger sexual organs, good traits) would make the risk/reward enough to make it a system worth using.
  • I noticed you can't train orifice skills without slavers possessing a dick. Shouldn't female slavers be able to use dildos or something?

Last edited:

Mishun

Jan 27, 2018
this game need balancing, 1% critical failure, result critical failure, and its impossible to complete training in 17 weeks, result impossible to get technology rear deal, and why no autosaves?

pepitoxxx

May 30, 2019
this game need balancing, 1% critical failure, result critical failure, and its impossible to complete training in 17 weeks, result impossible to get technology rear deal, and why no autosaves?
You have to kind of pre-train them before the quest: obedience II and endurance II could save some time and risk .....

pepitoxxx

May 30, 2019
Just made 2 files to expand the pics library
64 Female Elf Pics
64 Female Human Pics

400x400 .png file already pre-renamed but not sorted ( i just put them on the main folder not subcategories...) , 3 type of pics : Slave,Warrior and Portrait

Tuto from GitGud:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pics Sample:
16.png 25.png 61.png

98.png 66.png 75.png

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
im kinda annoyed that sometimes the assign team doesn't assign the right slaver to do the job to get the % chance of succeeding

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
this game is works fine for me, i play this game using localhost server, but the problem is, the more assets(building, slaves dll) the more heavier the game, moreover the management is too complicated if you have more than 20 slaves/slavers. I like this game, but im done with the lag and confused because too many quest, slaves and slavers.

4.00 star(s) 23 Votes