Reij

Jun 22, 2018
Even when succeeding the mission a slaver is lost. Now I don't have enough slavers left to do anything so the whole thing just basically wasted my time. This mission is broken.
As Evergrey said, you have to keep at it if you wish to get them back. The quest, on success, reads "There is no other way but to keep reattempting this quest in order to get to the bottom of this mystery and rescue your missing slaver..."
The game does warn you beforehand with the red skull & crossbones (the only time this doesn't mean dangerous, it usually means pirates... which should be dangerous). If you mouse over said icon, it tells you "Highly dangerous quest." Success doesn't automatically mean no consequences, just things could have been far worse. Either follow the chain through to the end or skip the quest series. If you skip it, it'll cycle back around eventually and you can do it when you have more sheep... er, slavers to spare. Or, if patience and delayed payoff isn't your thing, just hit the ignore option and you'll never have to deal with seeing the quest again.

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
I looked through the settings and tried searching, no luck, but just in case: is there some way to get this to run with dark text on a light background? Light text with a dark bg is rough with astigmatism.

Seems like a neat game otherwise, I'm a sucker for management and base-building rpgs.

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Starting from v1.4.7.0, your player character will be referred in second person. That's right, no more "Playername goes to eat", now it'll be "You go to eat". This was really difficult to do, so I hope people enjoy this feature.

v1.4.7.0 also began polishing the existing content. This is an ongoing effort, and currently about 10% done. The goal is to make all the texts nicer to read, increasing writing quality overall. As of v1.4.7.0, all contributor quests as well as all quests in the vale have been polished.

v1.4.7.0 also introduces even more content, with 11 new quests, 23 new events, and 6 new opportunities. Many of these events were adapted from Free Cities, so again thank you FCdev! Everything that could be adapted from Free Cities should already be in the game now. There are also many new texts for slave training results, again thanks to Free Cities.

v1.4.7.0 also did many balance changes, including rebalancing of all trait effects, as well as standardizing caps on lodgings, dungeons, and armory.

Full changelog in spoilers:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is there a way to remove the mindbroken trait from someone? And is there a way to remove bad traits like "Slow" from yourself? I got it later in the game for some reason and only noticed it when my character was chosen to be a bimbo for a mission haha.
You can remove mindbroken using potion of mindmending by befriending the elves. For bad traits you generally cannot, but it's sometimes it's possible on critical success on very obscure missions

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Starting from v1.4.7.0, your player character will be referred in second person. That's right, no more "Playername goes to eat", now it'll be "You go to eat". This was really difficult to do, so I hope people enjoy this feature.
NOOOOO I CAN'T MAKE FEMALE MAIN CHARACTERS ANYMORE OR I'M GAY WHAT HAVE YOU DONE AAAAAAAAAAAA

• Haha
Reactions: HGuy and Dremo

Arkady

May 15, 2018
Basic and advanced slave trainings no longer give out traits on critical.
... why?

"This slaver is good enough to literally beat slaves into submission without requiring gods know what tech" made sense. Removing that to turn FoC into even more of a mindnumbingly boring grind to 40 (where the game truly begins!) does not sound like an improvement.

Arkady

May 15, 2018
Trait effects are completely rebalanced to make all skills more even (thanks to acciabread)
The fact this effectively breaks old saves because nobody is actually good at their old specializations anymore aside, assigning semi-random pluses and minuses mostly because there's still an empty spot in the matrix for that leftover modifier is not really all that great an approach.

For example, I'd really like to hear a better explanation that "I needed that plus there" for why being a Lunatic that behaves irrationally would help survival. Admittedly, that's the most glaring example where I absolutely couldn't manage to invent any pretense of a logical explanation myself. But even where I could invent a logic, I didn't necessarily like the concept.

I mean, I guess pretty faces make for bad slavers because nobody takes them seriously. (Kinda weird to play in a fantasy world where that pretty demonic temptress isn't such a big threat to enslave me, though.)

And I guess a proud barbarian like Conan is always good in the sack. (Sure, women keep telling me proudly boastful guys are usually the ones that have no fucking clue, but what do they know...)

A velvet pouch filled with diamond dust admittedly does sound like material for a spectacular magic ritual. (I'm not quite sure why orc shamans making do with dried tree bark and bat guano are necessarily bad at magic, though.)

Yes, I did feel the old traits lacked balance. But for the most part, I also felt the modifiers they gave made sense. I considered that preferable.

Dravak

May 15, 2018
Ok this is my feedback of 1.4.7

Good more quests, good more events that shows interactions between slavers slaves and bedroom training.
DOM part I can't find anything that is different.

Bad rebalancing Green Innate traits.. now smart beautifull strong is a bit pointless they are innate abilities that shouldn't have negatives. since when are people punished for being smart ? or good looking ?
And bonus for being weak and ugly ?

Now could understand nimble and tough cause they used to be blue traits.

Also refixing the You was also a bit pointless.. takes away from gameplay if people wanted to try different sex.
or make a slaver leader that was submissive. (they gain a bonus title) that oppertunity was well written.

Now it feels more like a step in the wrong direction 1.4.7 that limits imagination.
Green Red traits or innate trait rebalancing should be redone.

Still a Request.
4th job slave-soldiers (that can go on both slave and slavers spot, infact tried to edit saves slaver and slave job it worked but they either take one or the other, even if they showed both icons )
Still waiting for Slave-Soldiers in a fantasy world of slavers and slaves where everybody could be enslaved.
Or become slavers with the right tools or motivation. what is so wrong about slave-soldiers ?
Now I am not saying they should be easy to get ... infact should be a hard combination of time right job and traits.
Like slave and domination max and obedience machoist and a title .
The describtion should stay a slave cause the text is really well written as power play.

Also limitation of 4 occupation or magic.. keeps interfering with Wings (cause flight is the 5th) causing a lot of issue of too many traits or preventing stuff. is possible to make Flight a exception or a Green trait to solve that issue.

Nantherus

Jan 20, 2018
Hey just wanted to bring to your attention that once you've completed a stolen flame your characters last name is changed to a random name with no way to change it back. I've tried loading back saves and everything but it always happens at the end of that quest. It's a small thing but I rather like my character as is now and not with a new random last name. I hope that can get fixed soon and continue the excellent work!

Reactions: darkofoc

liddlemicky

Jul 17, 2018
I feel kinda stupid but i can't for the life of me figure out how to move a slave to the bedchambers. Do they need master level obedience or something?

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
soo is it normal now that slaves don't gain blue traits from training....like masochist from masochist training or tough from endurance as well as submissive from obedience training??

Keizer19

Apr 24, 2017
I'm kinda new at this game but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. One thing I can't seem to figure out is the equipment system. Do I need to make a new Set each time and equip it to my slaves? it's kind of a hassle to do it this way

bluerender

Jun 14, 2018
I'm kinda new at this game but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. One thing I can't seem to figure out is the equipment system. Do I need to make a new Set each time and equip it to my slaves? it's kind of a hassle to do it this way
seems so . so, yes and yes.

NullOneHere

Jan 6, 2019
Been wanting to get back into this game since it's really fun and oddly relaxing, but then I read that the saves have been broken, again, and it kills my enthusiasm.

Oh well, if you guys are still making big changes to traits and such I might as well ask some questions.

First off, I saw you added "lizardkin" as a subrace to the dragonkin (or is it the other way around?), so is there any plans to add a "hemipenis" or "multi-penis" like trait to give them that extra "verisimilitude" or would that cause too many writing problems?

Second, but somewhat similar, I saw that one of the non-playable races was a minotaur. Would it be possible to add that as a subrace? Or again would it add too much writing and need traits (thus even more writing) to make work?

Honestly, that's probably the only real drawback of this game compared to the other text games like No Haven or Lilith's Throne, the race selection. But the ease of use here is much better, so I feel like any races you can add, even in small ways, will have a greater impact overall.

Anyway, keep up the good work Dark and co, looking forward to seeing how this comes together.

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Reminder that Fort of Chains is always open for contributions! Check for more information :love:. As of this writing, there has been more than 25 people who contributed into the game.

v1.4.8.0 finished the silly amount of work in proofreading all the existing 380 quests, 92 mails, and 141 events in the game. Although it's not perfect, the writing quality should be better now, and hopefully writing quality can keep increasing.

v1.4.8.0 introduced parties, replacing permanent teams. You can use parties to organize your units, as well as to prevent units from being dismissed / sold accidentally both in slave orders or in quests. You can still lose these units on critical failures or other disasters, however, but in those cases the units can generally be rescued back.

There are also a number of other changes, such as many fixes to critical/disaster traits on all criterias by a contributor, thank you very much!

Full changelog in spoilers

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I tried to look at a slave's history and got errors:
Hey just wanted to bring to your attention that once you've completed a stolen flame your characters last name is changed to a random name with no way to change it back.
Thanks for the bug reports, they are fixed in v1.4.8.0.

Last edited:

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
Descriptions of many of the interactions with people contain mixed gender pronouns when describing things about the subject. For example, choosing "Embrace" with a female slave results in a result with many "he" and/or "his" as well as the proper "she" and "her" being used.

3.80 star(s) 24 Votes