Grizloy

May 3, 2019
Looks abandoned. Git hasn't seen updates for 4 months now, patreon and reddit pages are dead. And considering what awful mess this game turned into, unless somebody rebuilds it from scratch using one of the earliest builds it's unlikely that this game has any future.

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Any recent news about this one?
They said the game is complete. They may or may not add content.

From the 1.8 changelog:
On the development side, FoC v1.8 adds a deployment guide. As darko is going to be busy, the goal of the deployment guide is to make it as easy as possible for the community to continue the development of Fort of Chains in darko's absence, as well for other people to make and release their own version of FoC. The game is under a permissive license (except for the assets, which are generally under creative commons), so you are encouraged to continue and develop the game in whatever way you like! Please check out the discord for more information.
Maybe check the discord for more info?

The goal of Fort of Chains as I remember it was to always develop a core game that the community could contribute to, and make it so others could develop their own versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: PsyTurtle and Daba

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Any recent news about this one?
Looks abandoned. Git hasn't seen updates for 4 months now, patreon and reddit pages are dead. And considering what awful mess this game turned into, unless somebody rebuilds it from scratch using one of the earliest builds it's unlikely that this game has any future.
It's finished.
As other people said, if the mod community doesn't pick it up and add more contents (like free city), then there's all we'll get.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Oh wow this is interesting, does this have a strong modding community like FC?
No it's dead. FC is a very popular game and ended up with a strong modding community, but this game's main gameplay loop was never as good.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
No it's dead. FC is a very popular game and ended up with a strong modding community, but this game's main gameplay loop was never as good.
Yeah, and most of the sex dialogue and snippets of event texts were ripped from Lillith's Throne and Free Cities anyway. Despite being provided with the framework to make scenes in this game, there's something about the game itself that prevents most people from making content or expanding the game.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Yeah, and most of the sex dialogue and snippets of event texts were ripped from Lillith's Throne and Free Cities anyway. Despite being provided with the framework to make scenes in this game, there's something about the game itself that prevents most people from making content or expanding the game.
The main problem is that it provides a very weak power fantasy. In FC you actually feel like a dictator who can reshape society and do anything to anybody while here you feel like a walmart manager.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
The main problem is that it provides a very weak power fantasy. In FC you actually feel like a dictator who can reshape society and do anything to anybody while here you feel like a walmart manager.
Also we don't need 2 FC, it takes time to grow a modding community, and it's extremely difficult when there's already one well established.
It also doesn't help that the OG dev left this game so early when the community is not there yet - there's still not enough meat to keep it going.
IIRC, the dev is a FC fan himself and one of the reasons he created this game is the frustration of how non user-friendly FC's UI is - of that I think he accomplished, for a new player FC is quite a hassle to get into compare to this one.

For me, FoC gets a plus as it's more sexual orientation neutral meaning it can get a wider range of possibilities, meanwhile FC feels more catered towards hetero audiences.

Maybe there's a chance the two projects can be merged - the more advanced UI from this one + the rich contents from FC.

Honourable596

Jun 21, 2017
Doubt a merger would ever happen. That would take a shitton of work. Just don't see it happening.
Shame too. I've long wished for a fantasy skin of FC. FOC and similar games never hit the same itch for me. Especially since they're lacking in FCs cheat menu, which is my favorite thing about it. Makes perfect waifus it does.

Mar 21, 2019
Stupid question: What the hell is this FC you guys are talking about? This game was nice enough, but kinda lacking in depth tbh. This FC seems to be more my speed from what you describe.

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
Last edited:

Yurij

Sep 11, 2017

AlmightyToasterPone

Nov 26, 2021
I for the life of me cannot find a light magic master yet. Is their any tips? I have 3 slavers who have the normal light magic trait but ive played for over 200 weeks (in game time) and so far nothing

4.00 star(s) 23 Votes