Found a game on my hard drive that I can't get to work or find anywhere.

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
I'm pretty sure I know where it was from. There was once a tfgamessite listing of like 10 or so of some guy's old games that were repackaged by a dude to make sure they weren't lost media, but now the listing seems to just be gone.
The game folder comes with 'player.html', but if I use it, chrome says flash is no longer supported, and yet if I actuall try to play it in a flash player it doesn't register it as flash, so I don't really knowhow I can find more about the game or get it to work.

I have no idea where to post this, so hopefully this is an acceptable thread.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
The game folder comes with 'player.html', but if I use it, chrome says flash is no longer supported, and yet if I actuall try to play it in a flash player it doesn't register it as flash,
The game is made in HTML and use Flash for it's media, reason why you you get that particular error from Chrome, while not being able to play it with a flash player.

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
The game is made in HTML and use Flash for it's media, reason why you you get that particular error from Chrome, while not being able to play it with a flash player.
Thank you! Do you know of a way to play it? I've looked aroudn but ruffle doesn't work and it seems there's 0 browsers that support flash anymore

Hypocryte72

May 25, 2018
You can try Clean Flash Player ( ).
It's a flash player still updated based on the china version of flash player.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Thank you! Do you know of a way to play it? I've looked aroudn but ruffle doesn't work and it seems there's 0 browsers that support flash anymore
starvoyager I've heard from some online forums that may also be another suitable alternative to play Flash games from either Windows OS/Chrome, etc.

It is a standalone player that can be launched from any browser to play .SWF games on any website...

1708111466242.png

Maybe try it out and see if it works for you....Fair warning I did a bit of research and supposedly there are some false positives when you go to download/install the SuperNova player that your antivirus would pick up on....

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
I downloaded the installer but it just quits out of itself at 'updating' and I'm not really sure how to fix it. I really appreciate the effort though! <3
Also your bio/status thing is interesting, kinda cryptic

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
just quits out of itself at 'updating' and I'm not really sure how to fix it
That's unusual, maybe an antivirus tool somehow picked up on the installer being a malicious app and froze the installation process midway?? :unsure:

But in any event, you could also consider trying out as well, found this the other day when I was doing the initial cursory search on SuperNova.....

Also your bio/status thing is interesting, kinda cryptic
Thanks, lmao ;D I like writing poetry in my spare time... and the status slogan is one that I came up with based on a recent poem that I had written....