Found Dead ver 1.7

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
I did wanna check back in and say that I've begun translating this game after considering it for the last year.
And holy hell, I remember exactly WHY I didn't want to start translating.

The game is friggin long in both dialogue and general game depth and much of the game focuses on exploration and searching. For example, there are expository books (like, dozens and dozens of them) that you can find, and each of them have some complicated and lengthy text strings.

Not only that, but the game is populated with many large maps and each one has a ton of things to search for; pretty much anything you can think of is interactable, meaning my job as a translator is made much more difficult since I need to translate each one. It's also a fairly complex game in its dialogue and context, so I need to read, play, and understand it even before I start translating.

It also doesn't help that the storyline is branched with multiple endings, characters, and routes, and has DLC additions to it. Therefore, with ALL that work, there are multiple iterations of the same map and text, meaning that, if there's a thousand lines of text to translate, I need to multiply the work by 2-3 times. I want to be careful to translate correctly based on context and not break anything either; this is such a good game that I want to give it the respect it deserves as a translator. And lastly, there are a good number of H scenes to translate. So overall, this will probably be the most in-depth and difficult game I've ever translated, with at least 10,000 lines of text and I highly doubt I'll finish any time soon.

Sooooo yeah, all in all, I'm definitely going to take breaks, take my time, and likely work on multiple translation projects concurrently with this one to avoid burnout. But yeah, I'll do my best as I've started translation on this game a few days ago. Just please don't rush or bother me with questions like, "timeline?" or "when done?" or "still working on it?" or "+1" -- cause I swear to god I don't mind privatizing or stopping work on this if that happens. It's bad enough that this game is absolutely brutal to translate, and the fear that this gets a terrible MTL while I'm working on it makes manually translating this game even worse. I don't need anyone breathing down my neck too, lol.

M404T1N

Nov 10, 2017
I did wanna check back in and say that I've begun translating this game after considering it for the last year.

The game is friggin long in both dialogue and general game depth and much of the game focuses on exploration and searching. For example, there are expository books (like, dozens and dozens of them) that you can find, and each of them have some complicated and lengthy text strings.

Not only that, but the game is populated with many large maps and each one has a ton of things to search for; pretty much anything you can think of is interactable, meaning my job as a translator is made much more difficult since I need to translate each one. It's also a fairly complex game in its dialogue and context, so I need to read, play, and understand it even before I start translating.

It also doesn't help that the storyline is branched with multiple endings, characters, and routes, and has DLC additions to it. Therefore, with ALL that work, there are multiple iterations of the same map and text, meaning that, if there's a thousand lines of text to translate, I need to multiply the work by 2-3 times. I want to be careful to translate correctly based on context and not break anything either; this is such a good game that I want to give it the respect it deserves as a translator. And lastly, there are a good number of H scenes to translate. So overall, this will probably be the most in-depth and difficult game I've ever translated, with at least 10,000 lines of text and I highly doubt I'll finish any time soon.

Sooooo yeah, all in all, I'm definitely going to take breaks, take my time, and likely work on multiple translation projects concurrently with this one to avoid burnout. But yeah, I'll do my best as I've started translation on this game a few days ago. Just please don't rush or bother me with questions like, "timeline?" or "when done?" or "still working on it?" or "+1" -- cause I swear to god I don't mind privatizing or stopping work on this if that happens. It's bad enough that this game is absolutely brutal to translate, and the fear that this gets a terrible MTL while I'm working on it makes manually translating this game even worse. I don't need anyone breathing down my neck too, lol.
+1

Just kidding don't kill me

nick0445

May 7, 2017

Hey sounds good, good luck and thank you !

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Yo guys, just a little update:

I'm actually flying through the translation for this game.
I absolutely love playing it and therefore it's fun putting a ton of hours into translating.
It's still going to take quite a bit of time, given there are 3 DLCs and two different "sections" of the game, each with about 3-4 branchable endings and thus I won't commit to a deadline or timeframe. However, I'm making good progress and I hope you're as excited for the translation as I am about finishing it for y'all.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
This thread reads like a Comedy. Bravo all.
Sure? Honestly, I have no idea why people decide to offer MTLs when I'm actively trying to translate and literally spending months of my life on stuff like this. It's rather discouraging.

Anyway, as an update, I'm nearly done - finished translating all the DLCs, endings, and extra content.
Currently about 70% finished with all H-content, so this should be done within another few weeks, though I want to take my time checking my work, given how friggin long and complicated this game is.

I also expect 100% that there will be endless questions in the finished thread asking for help and walkthroughs, so I'll be (quickly) replaying each branch of the game in order to create a walkthrough, and tell folks to stfu and read my walkthrough if they ask, lol.

z.r0

Jun 6, 2017
Sure? Honestly, I have no idea why people decide to offer MTLs when I'm actively trying to translate and literally spending months of my life on stuff like this. It's rather discouraging.

Anyway, as an update, I'm nearly done - finished translating all the DLCs, endings, and extra content.
Currently about 70% finished with all H-content, so this should be done within another few weeks, though I want to take my time checking my work, given how friggin long and complicated this game is.

I also expect 100% that there will be endless questions in the finished thread asking for help and walkthroughs, so I'll be (quickly) replaying each branch of the game in order to create a walkthrough, and tell folks to stfu and read my walkthrough if they ask, lol.
very much appreciated and thanks for picking this up

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Okay, I've got a single H-scene left and one tiny patch of hidden content to translate (which is apparently an easter egg the devs threw in ... which I'll probably supplement with one of my own customary appearances, haha).

There are some bugs in the original game I'd like to fix and perhaps I'll add an in-game feature of "returning to title screen" since I missed that feature. I'd also like to do a quick walkthrough of my saves to write up a short guide since this is one of the most complicated/unusual and in-depth games I've ever worked on (that and I KNOW there are gonna be idiots in the eventual F95 thread who don't read my guide and ask those questions I'll answer in there anyway). Therefore, I'll be closing out my T++ project and working solely in WOLF RPGM soon ... Fun times ahead for me, lol.

So just a small update. Again, nearly done but I'm not gonna provide a deadline or end date. Just be patient a bit longer.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Okay, final update (sorry, and bear with me as it's a really long process):

I finished EVERYTHING I want to do in T++, bug-checked and made any edits and improvements, as well as the final aforementioned H-scene (there was a secret room that even I couldn't find, so I had to go into WOLFRPGM for it, haha). Unfortunately, I'm not skilled enough with WOLFRPGM (and my version, the ENG one, is partly still in Japanese), so sadly I couldn't fix certain bugs and add stuff I wanted ...

However, that means all I have left to do is a few quick runthroughs in order to make a guide for this game. It's gonna be longer than a usual game walkthrough since there are like, 5-6 branches and 3-4 DLCs, so again, patience. But this time, I feel confident to offer a timeline of the next few days for the translation patch, and I'm aiming for the weekend. So wish me luck. I'm excited too and can't wait for this to be over.