• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Four Nations: A Shady Part of Me [Demo] [Lion-Turtle Studios]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

cpatton11

Apr 22, 2020
Also to offer something specific to the question you posed, you aren't really locked into a quality level yet. If things are "hyper"detailed for the hot springs scene or just this first arc, the art can easily settle into a more stable "rougher" format from now on if you want. Think of the intro as really getting players set and into the characters and the scene. The same way that dojinshi usually release the first couple pages in full color and then just, continue on with the plot in black and white. It's totally whatever works for the project and wouldn't ruin anything whatever you chose moving forward. People are obviously eager to see what comes next though lol.

I'm debating whether I should tone down the detail and polish to speed up development for future updates, or stick with the standard I've set until we can afford to bring on another artist to help with it or do backgrounds.

Reactions: AJ2018 and Balrog

WillowyJenkins

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
any new updates?
Sooo....still nothing? :(
All major assets/art (mostly sprites and the CGs) are complete and exported. The Dev is currently in the middle of taking all the art, putting it into the game and building the code for this update, which involves a lot of presets and other under the hood stuff to make our wardrobe system function. It'll allow you to dress up characters as you want. I've been working on non-critical assets (like backgrounds) whilst he does that.

Last edited:

mrperson221

Aug 7, 2019
All major assets/art (mostly sprites and the CGs) are complete and exported. The Dev is currently in the middle of taking all the art, putting it into the game and building the code for this update, which involves a lot of presets and other under the hood stuff to make our wardrobe system function. It'll allow you to dress up characters as you want. I've been working on non-critical assets (like backgrounds) whilst he does that.
Any idea on an ETA? Or do you not want to say yet?

TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020
Should be abandoned by now I guess? One update in 2 in years. Really liked the art though.
1) Does being labelled abandoned bring more or less people to the forum to try the game?
Do people avoid games with no end or do they take the chance to play it because they know what they get is the full game and they can move on?

2) I trust these devs. They have made progress updates. I don't think they are lying. But at this stage this can't be their full time job.

pMsX7dhS

Aug 18, 2020
2) I trust these devs. They have made progress updates. I don't think they are lying. But at this stage this can't be their full time job.
I mean... Will the update be huge? If yes, then great, tho I dunno why wouldn't they they split it in smaller pieces to keep the interest. Otherwise what is the point of waiting 2 years for, lets say 10 minutes of content? If they do it just for themself, then it's fine, I guess...

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
1) Does being labelled abandoned bring more or less people to the forum to try the game?
Do people avoid games with no end or do they take the chance to play it because they know what they get is the full game and they can move on?

How would we actually know about everything? Usually if it's abandoned people will mourn/reminisce about the game. If trust is your strongest suit then I have nothing to add. Since its inception it has been fun but short, but given that it's been 2 years without any noise, it's safe to say it is quite dead until there is a possibility of a triumphant return.

Reactions: AJ2018

Asgth

Jun 22, 2018
For anyone who comes across this, the dev seems still be working on the game with part of why things aren't going forwards fast being that artwork for the game is expensive and second (to my understanding) being that he wants to just release it finished when/if that time comes. My "source" if you can call it that was a 4chan post on /co/ where he posted some stuff about the game and how it is going in a Avatar thread, nothing major was mentioned outside of what i already mentioned here.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes