VN - Ren'Py - Fractured Fairy Tales [v0.4] [Clever name games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

thealjey

Abigail is by far my favorite character in these games.
    I especially loved the elevator scene at the beginning of "the rustling".
    It would really be awesome to see more stuff like that in the future.
    With her usual "innocent" playful nature, but with more revealing risqué outfits and sexier situations in general.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

CoffeeSaint

This short review refers “Fractured Fairy Tales” version 0.3; a VN written and developed by Clever Name Games

First of all, I should say I’m not particularly fond of “Dreams” or “Tales” within VNs, for the reason that it further stretches too much the [imaginary?] reality constructed by the plot itself. Also, the dreams I have are often way off reality — hence, unless VN Dreams have both Vivid and Absurd qualities, I tend to find them a poor writer’s or developers' choice.

That said, “Fractured Fairy Tales” delivers what its title imbues: Fairy Tales (or Dreams) that are — essentially — fractured; the oneiric derived from the already “broken” interpersonal relationships between a father and [his] daughters.

Trying not to extend this much:
    I liked the plot and the way it develops throughout the three short stories. Contrary to some comments in the thread, the tale “The Rustling” was the one I found the most interesting — exactly for permeating that Absurdity Element most of my dreams tend to possess.
    Graphics are fine — even though they feature a “Rush” quality and should be improved in future updates.
    The plots’ narratives are well-structured, and the English is good — meaning: there was no error that really called-up my attention.

I rate it 3.5 (or 4) Stars for now; there’s always room for amelioration.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this review helps.