Free music recommendations?

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
Pretty much what the title says. Still working on my game, time to add some music.
Do you guys know any sites to get free music we can use on our projects?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
There's the , which was for years the best place for this, but not really sure of its future. Else, there's other places like bensound, that have a lot of , that you can if you want a better quality, or . Newsgrounds also have a .

But you must keep in mind that royalty free doesn't always imply that there's no fees, just that you'll not have to pay according to the expected number of listeners. And when it's both royalty free and free, then there's still a license that can limit the use you can make of the music and/or give you mandatory condition(s) ; the usual one being to name (and possibly link to) the artist and song.

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Besides the already said; Just make sure music says is CC-0 or CC-by and you are good to go.

A handy place is the Unity Asset Store as you can check lots of free music and sound that over that may been prepared in loop specially for games. (you need unity to download them tho). And being on the Unity Asset Store even the free products means that if you downloaded there, they can be used in commercial games.

Reactions: Niteowl

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll look all of them up tomorrow (had a busy day today and then a few drinks after work)

I think I'll stay away from Unity for now but if I ever change my mind I'll look that option up as well.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Broke For Free is an artist who lets you use his music for free.