Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
A user asked me in private email if I could send them a link to the free stuff for Daz 3D. First of all, a few prefaces. There are many sites out there that have free content for Daz 3D, however you may have to do some work to get to it. This original post (OP) will be updated on an ongoing basis as sites or assets that meet the criteria (see the p.p.s. below) are submitted in the threads are offered.

Dudes (and dudettes): You should be regularly checking Daz 3D for free stuff, cause it's there all the time. Two ways to find it: (1) from the Shop tab, scroll the images to the far right and you will see a Freebies tile. Click on it and you will see a page of free goodies. (2) Click on the shop (upper left corner). Scroll down to where items start appearing, and sort by price from low to high. Free items will appear first in the list. Go there frequently as these assets change. Today I downloaded two huge bundles that had all kinds of clothing, hair, etc. Go already!

Collections and long postings with many items:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Mixed content websites:
Websites with Specialized Content:
Assets by Type
Figures:
Hair:
Body Shop - Morphs, Expressions, and Body Modification Tools:
Material Presets:
Props:
Buildings, Environments, and Lights:
Tools and Tutorials:

IMPORTANT

This thread is intended for freebies which have clear rights, including the rights to use the selected asset in commercial works or derivatives. That being said it is entirely your responsibility if you choose to download assets here to check the rights listed with the asset and confirm you can use them in the way you wish to. Those contributing to this thread (myself included) accept no liability should one of the asset creators come after you because you didn't read the terms under which they shared the assets.

This post is just a starting point. Good luck to all, and hopefully others will post their favorites.

Recently many posts have been made in the discussion about deep discounting and "almost free" products offered on the Daz3D site. While not strictly on topic for the thread, they are within the spirit of the thread of getting things for free (or as close to it as possible). Therefore, while not being added to the OP, these posts will be allowed in the discussion without negative repercussions. Thanks to all who take the time to contribute to this resource for the benefit of all users of Daz3D as a development platform.

p.s.: Before I get a blizzard of responses that there is a ton a free resources in Asset Releases, all of that is software that is licensed. Although it is possible to download it for free, using it in a game could be sketchy, because without the license, there is no right for the user to use it in a commercial game. This thread is specifically for authors who have released their products for *FREE* use with no license required -- most of them explicitly stating that their creations can be used in renders in a game, which is considered for commercial purposes. With truly free resources that allow it, users can use the resources in scenes they build for VNs and other purposes.

p.p.s.: As this section grew, it became clear that some sort of organization was needed. In the true spirit of community, @recreation took the time to come up with an organizational schema and organized assets within it. I hope as I add assets I can make sure I remember the schema and put things in their rightful places. As was mentioned later on in this thread, the criteria for something to be added to the original post is that the item/site be either a collection of valuable items, a particularly valuable asset (like the free Daz 3D model featured every two weeks), or an asset especially valuable to game developers (like the measurement scales, expression kits, morph kits). Otherwise, single items will be left in the thread responses so that people can peruse the threads to find individual items they may like as well.

Update [03/25/23] To all of the regular (and new) users of this post, it may seem like I have become disinterested/bored with moderating this thread. First, for some reason, I stopped getting notifications of updates to the thread, thus, the reason for my non-responsiveness. Second, I do have a full-time job, and it takes most of my attention. Third, it has been almost two years ago since a major Daz 3D update eliminated support for my video card, therefore, I don't receive any benefit from this thread whatsoever, and it is, as one would put it, "a labor of love" and support for my friends and fellow developers in the community. All of that having been said, there is absolutely no place in this thread for abusive behavior, either of the mod or fellow posters. It will not be tolerated and anyone who does so will be reported to F95zone management. I seemed to get away from this problem for over four years, but a recent post has reminded me that not everyone follows the course of civility and the reminder is necessary. Thanks for your patience and thanks to all members of the community that have continued to make contributions to this thread over the years.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
hi, games that r free and get support on patreon count as commercial?
"Support" is revenue. That makes it commercial. So yes, even if the game is "free" on F95zone and elsewhere, if you are receiving money to support it through Patreon or elsewhere, it is commercial.

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
Adding to the list. No questionable/illegal sources.

Has "Freebies":

Check the [x] downloadable filter and usually you will find "free" models if you are willing to attribute the author and know how to port models to DAZ:

The quality ranges from terrible to professional. I'd advise to check the models careful. I've seen cars with holes in the windows for example.

Digging around on will bring up a bunch of "free" stuff too. Just be careful, not all authors allow commercial use.

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
Hi guys,
first of all thanks to @seamanq and @f95zoneuser463 for the links.

I have a question, and since you're talking about FREE stuff, this thread might be the right place.
All of the assets I've installed are from here and mostly from 3d-load. Is it safe to download freebies from Daz3D Shop?

Reactions: p_staker

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
Heck yes. There is no 'reverse reporting' of assets in your Daz 3D setup to Daz. I have a mix of assets, some of which I am testing in order to see if they will work for me. After I determine which I will keep, I plan on buying the licenses as needed.
I asked more than anything else because I read that Daz automatically updates metadata if you go online. I misunderstood?

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I think that is push rather than pull. I would assume it checks its' database against things you have purchased and updates metadata for them. It wouldn't make sense for it to check metadata from stuff you bought from another site or got from a free site. That would be a huge waste of processing resources.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I forgot to mention that if you pop for Platinum Club (on sale right now) on Daz 3D, freebies are available every week. Different things show up every week, but I got some really nice assets this month that more than made up for the cost (including $ off coupons on certain Daz 3D purchases). Hey, free is free. Platinum club also gives discounts that are sometimes substantial (90%) on assets. It's well worth considering.

Reactions: p_staker

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
bg_shanes_brings_liquor.png

has some lovely free assets, all of which work with Daz 3D. I used one of them in this render (the Whiskey bottle). She also has a full set of Whiskey glasses and some nice jewelry as well, all for free.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Don't forget .

It's mainly an accumulation of links to freebies on other sites, but it is fairly well organized, and includes links to more obscure locations as well as the biggies (Renderosity, ShareCG, etc.).

I find that site particularly useful when looking for 'fan service' related stuff, like say Star Wars related stuff as an example.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Just another shout out for which has lots of free stuff for Daz 3D.

I found that they have a bunch of materials created by Laticis Design that use fibermesh for different kinds of hair. Free items include:

(not yet tested on G8M)

Enjoy!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
One of the more obvious places to get free stuff for Daz 3D is the Daz 3D site itself. However, it's not always easy to find the free stuff. I found this trick in a YouTube video and it's pretty effective.

Go to Daz 3D in the shop section. Enter 100% in the search bar and hit enter.

Everything that is 100% off (i.e., Free) will show up.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, I just discovered this when a random search for the source of the Whiskey Bottle by Allen Art (already mentioned here) led me to this "Freebie Challenge" on the Daz 3D forums. Who knew there was such a thing?

Each of these freebie challenges require that most of the assets used in the render be ... what else ... FREE. And links to all the free assets are included in the posts.

Which led to the discovery of a magazine for Daz 3D Studio users:

Which has interesting articles, and links to ... wait for it ... more free stuff.

What's not to love here?

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
One of the more obvious places to get free stuff for Daz 3D is the Daz 3D site itself. However, it's not always easy to find the free stuff. I found this trick in a YouTube video and it's pretty effective.

Go to Daz 3D in the shop section. Enter 100% in the search bar and hit enter.

Everything that is 100% off (i.e., Free) will show up.
If you don't mind Daz related spam (i.e. sales notifications), there's a browser plugin called Daz Deals. Among other things, this adds a few more sort options to your Daz store pages.

It also adds a graph to each of the the product pages that gives you a rough idea of when, and by how much, and how often, an item has been discounted in the Daz store, over the last year. You'll also get mentions in the 'ATI' emails that'll say things like 'best price in 3 months, best price in 1 year, etc..

More importantly though, I believe that it adds a couple more sort options to your Daz store. There's a 'sort by % off' option in my sort options for the various products pages (including he main store page), which, if it isn't showing for you already, may come from the Daz Deals plugin. So, to your point, I'll just sort by % off, and usually the current free products (that I don't already own if the 'hide if owned' box is checked) will appear first. So this is similar to your 100% off thing, but doesn't require a search field.

The Daz store can be a bit buggy at times, so sometimes a few products may sort out of order, so it's still good to check the weekly freebies page as well as the plat club freebies page weekly if you are a plat club member.

One other note on the Daz store freebies. A number of things that are offered for free, are free only for a limited time, so it's a good idea to check the Daz freebies pages (freebies in the top banner, plat club) every week, before they go back to being not free again... the regular freebies (on the freebies page) are generally free for a longer free, while the Plat Club freebies cycle weekly.

If you are a Renderosity Prime member, there are prime related freebies there as well, but those show up a lot less often. Renderosity has rewards points though if you buy stuff from Renderosity, plus there's steeper discounts, but this thread is about freebies, not about other deals.

And while a number of the 'temporary' Daz and Renderosity freebies may find their way onto other download sites, well if you grab the product from Daz when it's being offered for free, well then you've legitimately acquired that item, so no one can question it later...

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
If you don't mind Daz related spam (i.e. sales notifications), there's a browser plugin called Daz Deals. Among other things, this adds a few more sort options to your Daz store pages.

It also adds a graph to each of the the product pages that gives you a rough idea of when, and by how much, and how often, an item has been discounted in the Daz store, over the last year. You'll also get mentions in the 'ATI' emails that'll say things like 'best price in 3 months, best price in 1 year, etc..

More importantly though, I believe that it adds a couple more sort options to your Daz store. There's a 'sort by % off' option in my sort options for the various products pages (including he main store page), which, if it isn't showing for you already, may come from the Daz Deals plugin. So, to your point, I'll just sort by % off, and usually the current free products (that I don't already own if the 'hide if owned' box is checked) will appear first. So this is similar to your 100% off thing, but doesn't require a search field.
I just installed this plugin to navigate that huge 48 hour sale Daz had last week-it is really, really useful! (I haven't done the actual account yet-have you? Kind of leery about that) The graph is really great for people with sale-anxiety, as in "if I don't buy this on sale now I will regret it", as it shows which items (and PAs) tend to go on sale a lot, and which ones are actually rare deals. (Daz3Ds last 48 hour sale had such a great discount on Daz originals I finally got several of those standards-Victoria, Aiko, etc...felt good to finally go legit on those, LOL)

Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
@FranceToast

I keep waiting for the Aiko 3 derivatives to go on sale for really really cheap (My Lil Alien, Aiko 19, etc.). Aiko 3 is so old that I can't bring myself to spend any significant amount on those products (Aiko 3 came out in 2004, c'mon people, why are you still asking full price for her stuff?!? Or not deeply discounting it?!?). I suppose if I really cared, I'd check the other download sites, but I find working with pre-Genesis characters more cumbersome in general, partly because their stuff isn't in smart content unless you create the sort options yourself...

The March Madness sale is coming soon though. although last year it was more like 'March Meh-Ness'...

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Re: the Daz Deals browser plugin that @OhWee mentions above-here is an example of the handy price tracking chart for an item that @jerricho13 : The current Daz3D price for this bundle is $37.95 (for 3 products). But with the plugin, we can see this item goes on sale a lot-and has had several 50% off sales just last month alone:

Also to bring this thread back on topic, some of my favorite free Daz 3D items:

Hard to believe this is free for commercial use-it has a lot of morph options and is as good as most of the other commercial hair products in my opinion.

Not easy to find good for-sale hair for guys-this one is free for commercial use as well.

There are commercial G3 to G8 pose converters available, but this guy is just giving away his converters. Also has some nice backgrounds, and some photoshop action to fix...buttholes on Genesis males. No idea what that is about.

Some decent free female expressions to play around with. This author does a lot of adult/BDSM type work, and has several free items/poses/etc... that you might be interested in-seems very generous.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So I managed to find a few more freebies on the Freedom of Art site. While a number of his items require a $7-$12 donation to access them, he does have a few freebies (79 when I downloaded them yesterday) that are 'public' freebies. You'll still need to register on his site to grab those downloads, but at least you won't need to make a donation.

Here's an example I just did that incorporates a few of the freebies. The gals and their outfits are NOT on the UCOZ site (neither is creepydude), but their weapons, the collar restraint, the church (which includes the big statue), the Venus and throne statues in the background, the steam trike, floating robot thingie... and Horus (he's sitting on one of the throne statues in the background to the right, but he's black so you can't quite see him), yeah that's all FoA stuff!

I should note that almost all of these items are designed for Poser, but loaded in Daz just fine. I found these items in the Poser Formats section of my product library, and created a separate FoA library subfolder for convenience/ease of finding them (i.e. another folder in the Daz folder, next to My Library folder, then dragged all of the runtime assets into the FoA folder, merging into a 'master' Runtime folder, then adding the new directory in the Content Library tab using the right click option for that) . Other than applying the Iray Uber base shader, and dealing with a color issue with the skull on the trike fork, yeah these are the 'default' textures for Summoner's FoA items that you see in the pic.

The front trike wheel axle is 'out of alignment' but that could be fixed easily enough (the wheel and forks are movable). I wanted to show how it looked using a 'default' load. I did turn the forks to the left, so that might have factored in to the axle misalignment issue.

I also added a bit of lighting of course (HDRI through the windows of the church, 'lit' the chandelier hanging from the ceiling using an emissive, and added an emissive plane), but that's par for the course in Daz.

Anyways, if you see something you like, or are looking for other things along these lines, well it might be worth checking out.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
So I managed to find a few more freebies on the Freedom of Art site. While a number of his items require a $7-$12 donation to access them, he does have a few freebies (79 when I downloaded them yesterday) that are 'public' freebies. You'll still need to register on his site to grab those downloads, but at least you won't need to make a donation.

Thanks for the great find. If I was inclined to do a period piece or something in outer space, this would be a real treasure trove to be sure. The "Free Poser/DS" section has 326 items available for download. All you have to do is create a free login and download away. Now I see what @OhWee was talking about. 247 of those items are "code required' which means you have to buy something to get the code. 79 items on the site are outright free with no purchase required. Still, a very nice find.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes