Others [Freeware][Engine][Japanese] LiveMaker3/Live Novel 3

csf91

Jan 5, 2018
LiveMaker[JP]
Official site:
Download page (freeware): - no login required, no vpn required.
"LiveMaker is a tool for developing games. Even if you have no programming experience, you can easily create adventure games and novel games in a visual environment. "

I think this could be a really nice tool, but it's all in Japanese and i'm guessing the texts are embed into the executables, or in the dll inside the folder. I know that this is not a game request, and that it's a bit unusual. If i did something wrong please point it out and i'll fix it, or if you consider it being against the rules, feel free to report the post.

Instructions to install:
  1. If you don't have it already, download " ", or set up your system locale to Japanese.
  2. The downloaded zip file will look like the image below, just extract it to a folder of your preference (The installers will be in the "files" folder).
    1642077583318.png 1642080623592.png
    Engine installer: "setup03171228f.exe".
    雛形 - Prototype(?) ADV installer: "adv-type1-03171228.exe".
  3. To install them use Locale Emulator or a Japanese locale to prevent errors:
    1. Install the engine "setup03171228f.exe"
    2. (I think this is optional), the "adv-type1-03171228.exe".
  4. Done. (The last checkmark of the installer is for a desktop shortcut).
  5. Open it with locale emulator, there seems to be two main executables:
    • LiveNovel.exe
    • LiveMaker.exe
To extract japanese files, first set the name encoding language in the software of choice, to avoid folders and files looking like this: "ƒvƒŠƒTƒN‘ÌŒ± "
https://f95zone.to/threads/freeware-engine-livemaker3-live-novel-3.105157/post-11767649
Images of the main applications:
1642078726871.png 1642079869498.png

Last edited:

csf91

Jan 5, 2018
How to use?
I can't read Japanese so honestly, no clue. Sorry, it was very long ago xD

At the official page you can find the "user manual reference example" for the different versions (main site, ):
  • Livemaker 3:
  • Livemaker 2:
  • Livemaker:
There also seems to be example projects so maybe that helps(?)
  • For livemaker 3 only, it uses the "message box UI":
  • For any Livemaker version:
Sketchy EXEs, i know.
Just right click them and open with 7-zip, Winrar or any other file extraction tool (unzip). They are project files.

Other than that, unless someone finds a tutorial video or something, no clue.
I'm just using google translate to locate them in the main website:
1687029754110.png

Bongu Ouki

Oct 14, 2021
I can't read Japanese so honestly, no clue. Sorry, it was very long ago xD

At the official page you can find the "user manual reference example" for the different versions (main site, ):
  • Livemaker 3:
  • Livemaker 2:
  • Livemaker:
There also seems to be example projects so maybe that helps(?)
  • For livemaker 3 only, it uses the "message box UI":
  • For any Livemaker version:
Sketchy EXEs, i know.
Just right click them and open with 7-zip, Winrar or any other file extraction tool (unzip). They are project files.

Other than that, unless someone finds a tutorial video or something, no clue.
I'm just using google translate to locate them in the main website:
View attachment 2704319
Me too xD! I only use textractor for translate but some words just missing in the trextractor's tranlation kkkk

Bongu Ouki

Oct 14, 2021
Hey, csf91. But you know how to use the livemaker right? Well, if you know or know someone who knows about this... slowly, i want to learn. There's a Hnovel (Ma wo Haramu Joou) that i want to translate but i don't know even the begining for use the livemaker to translate.

csf91

Jan 5, 2018
Hey, csf91. But you know how to use the livemaker right? Well, if you know or know someone who knows about this... slowly, i want to learn. There's a Hnovel (Ma wo Haramu Joou) that i want to translate but i don't know even the begining for use the livemaker to translate.
Sorry for the late reply, i don't log in too often.

Back then, I was just investigating less common engines and stumbled across this one, all i did with it was to load the demo project once too see how it looked as it was quite a bit confusing but didn't try any further than that.
Maybe there's a forum or something with tutorials but i don't really know, I've just linked it here (first post) in case someone found it useful or wanted to archive it in case they take the site is taken down in the future.

Cheers! :)

Last edited:

ZeSasquatch

Jul 22, 2023
Has anyone ever gotten an error message like this when trying to run a LiveMaker VN?

A read violation occurred for address 00000130 at address 001AA105 of module 'MyGame.exe'.

Happened both before and after I tried translate it. Tried running with Locale Emulator but nothing changed. Just curious if anyone else has seen this issue.

csf91

Jan 5, 2018
Has anyone ever gotten an error message like this when trying to run a LiveMaker VN?

A read violation occurred for address 00000130 at address 001AA105 of module 'MyGame.exe'.

Happened both before and after I tried translate it. Tried running with Locale Emulator but nothing changed. Just curious if anyone else has seen this issue.
does your folder name look like this? ''ƒvƒŠƒTƒN‘ÌŒ±”Å1.2''
if that's the case, there you go, improperly extracted, it should be japanese characters in any file that looks like that.

Solution if that's the case:
Personally i use winrar, then Options - name encoding: 932 ANSI/OEM Japanese JIS, and after that when extracted the names stay as they should.
I hope that helps, if not, sorry but no clue.

ZeSasquatch

Jul 22, 2023
does your folder name look like this? ''ƒvƒŠƒTƒN‘ÌŒ±”Å1.2''
if that's the case, there you go, improperly extracted, it should be japanese characters in any file that looks like that.

Solution if that's the case:
Personally i use winrar, then Options - name encoding: 932 ANSI/OEM Japanese JIS, and after that when extracted the names stay as they should.
I hope that helps, if not, sorry but no clue.

That did it! Thanks so much. Pretty new to all this, still in the hitting roadbumps phase.

Reactions: csf91

csf91

Jan 5, 2018
It's all in Japanese - :sick:
It is indeed, shared in case someone was interested. Also, there were images, even if i forgot the tag.
I'll edit the post to clearly state that with a [Japanese] or something like that, my bad. (y)

MQCFHaken

Nov 27, 2022
Realizing that I've already had to shift over from using Locale Emulator to setting Win10 to Japanese locale in order to successfully run a file extraction for another project, and I might actually be able to use this for one or two games I'd had to cast aside for being in LiveMaker.

I guess my main hangup is: how do I open a retail game as if it were a project and inject my translated script into the natively-compressed .lsb/.lns archives? I'd like to hustle out a process outline and a few prologue screenshots of as a proof of concept, but neither LiveMaker nor LiveNovel seem to give me the option of directly opening a text archive and editing in the graphical interface (contra my currently placing translated script in .txt copies not meant to be seen by the runtime engine via Notepad++).

EDIT: Apparently because LiveMaker and LiveNovel seem to have no option for opening assets orphaned from a generated Project (which in turn requires you to create a completely empty directory to point the main engine editor to), the solution is for me to stop outputting my pylivemaker extractions to .txt and do the work in .csv files since lmlsb only features commands to reinsert .csv into .lsbs (at the cost of many of those .lsbs being containers of a multitude of .lns files, which threatens a big memory ask of OpenOffice Calc). And then there's the game's insistence on delivering all single-speaker telops as .gal images with funky marble texture...

Last edited:
Reactions: csf91

csf91

Jan 5, 2018
Realizing that I've already had to shift over from using Locale Emulator to setting Win10 to Japanese locale in order to successfully run a file extraction for another project, and I might actually be able to use this for one or two games I'd had to cast aside for being in LiveMaker.
I personally just switch the locale, though i use WinRAR which a lot of people don't like(windows, no clue for linux if it requires to change the encoding for extracting the files). Attaching image of that below.
1703216886757.png

Thanks for the update btw, i really have no clue about reverse engineering, since never did/try to. Cheers :)

Last edited:

d84busty

Jan 13, 2020
is this available for 4H games translation and repack?

csf91

Jan 5, 2018
is this available for 4H games translation and repack?
I'm not sure, but usually engines unless it is old RPG Maker games (and maybe a few others that i don't know of), can not load the exported project. You can try though and let us know. This is just the game engine wich was free to download and use, albeit in Japanese.

Good luck :)