Ren'Py From Sword to Pen [v0.4.1] [Nonomo]

nonomo

Game Developer
May 2, 2019
Interesting concept, would the people from the world he came from start looking for him after a long while? Would make a nice arc.
I don't want to say too much to not spoil anything... But I can say that it won't be just a school life. Like said in the overview, MC was famous in his world. So people are bound to make research.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
OK where are the reviews on this game? I am not sure if I can get past the 2D spinning characters and the one girl walks around with her back bent over backwards. So game is going to have to be really good to get past the graphic decision here as I hate 2D flat characters.

• Angry
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

nonomo

Game Developer
May 2, 2019
OK where are the reviews on this game? I am not sure if I can get past the 2D spinning characters and the one girl walks around with her back bent over backwards. So game is going to have to be really good to get past the graphic decision here as I hate 2D flat characters.
Hey, molitar.
If you don't like the design and art choices maybe this game will be a bit tough for you.
That beeing said, we're working hard on the next update that will give a way better view of what the game will be about.
(puzzles, main story events and more)
I hope you'll stay with us to at least check it and see for yourself.
Thank you for your interest in our game.

49Ol-chara

Oct 16, 2023
Hello, I enjoyed the game so far! The ideas are good and the art-style (both background and characters) is really great. The sand-box aspect can be awesome if you manage it correctly!
But there is a few thing that could be added to smooth thing up like a transition between each day, because without it,the player ask itself if the day really passed.
I await the next update with great anticipation :)

Reactions: nonomo

nonomo

Game Developer
May 2, 2019
Thanks a lot for your feed back !

The sand-box aspect can be awesome if you manage it correctly!
Yes, you cannot see it right now but I chose sandbox over a normal VN for good reasons.

But there is a few thing that could be added to smooth thing up like a transition between each day, because without it,the player ask itself if the day really passed.
Thanks for the note. Of course, I plan on working on various quality of life improvements.
I await the next update with great anticipation :)
And we hope that you will like what's coming next !

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
So I started a new game and pressed No to play it all. The first time the game tells me to go to school, the game breaks when I click the door:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/introduction_script.rpy", line 374, in script call
    call screen introduction_hud
  File "game/scripts/introduction_script.rpy", line 386, in script
    call screen introduction_main_hall with dissolve
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/scripts/introduction_script.rpy", line 1077, in execute
    screen introduction_main_hall:
  File "game/scripts/introduction_script.rpy", line 1078, in execute
    imagebutton:
  File "game/scripts/introduction_script.rpy", line 1078, in keywords
    imagebutton:
  File "game/scripts/introduction_script.rpy", line 1079, in <module>
    at bg_size_screen
NameError: name 'bg_size_screen' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/introduction_script.rpy", line 374, in script call
    call screen introduction_hud
  File "game/scripts/introduction_script.rpy", line 386, in script
    call screen introduction_main_hall with dissolve
  File "E:\Games\ISO\VNs\FromSwordToPen-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "E:\Games\ISO\VNs\FromSwordToPen-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\ISO\VNs\FromSwordToPen-0.2-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\ISO\VNs\FromSwordToPen-0.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3347, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\Games\ISO\VNs\FromSwordToPen-0.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\ISO\VNs\FromSwordToPen-0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "E:\Games\ISO\VNs\FromSwordToPen-0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "E:\Games\ISO\VNs\FromSwordToPen-0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "E:\Games\ISO\VNs\FromSwordToPen-0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time]
  File "E:\Games\ISO\VNs\FromSwordToPen-0.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "E:\Games\ISO\VNs\FromSwordToPen-0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "E:\Games\ISO\VNs\FromSwordToPen-0.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "E:\Games\ISO\VNs\FromSwordToPen-0.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/scripts/introduction_script.rpy", line 1078, in execute
    imagebutton:
  File "game/scripts/introduction_script.rpy", line 1078, in keywords
    imagebutton:
  File "game/scripts/introduction_script.rpy", line 1079, in <module>
    at bg_size_screen
NameError: name 'bg_size_screen' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
From Sword to Pen 0.2
Tue Nov 21 22:10:21 2023

nonomo

Game Developer
May 2, 2019
So I started a new game and pressed No to play it all. The first time the game tells me to go to school, the game breaks when I click the door
So it seems I uploaded an old version like a dumbass. It should work now if you redownload it. (Mixdrop and yourfilestore are still dead)

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
It's crazy how I've been writing the story for so long and haven't even thought of this ! I'm not much of a fan of harems, but I'm not closed to adding if there's enough demand.
When you know if it's going to be a harem, you indicate it, if it isn't a harem I'm not interested in starting the game, so I'm going to wait until you confirm it or not.

In any case, if you include a harem ending, specify if it's a serious one that may interest harem fans or if it's one that is rather secondary and poorly developed or humorous. Because if it's going to be one of the last options, then I wouldn't be interested in starting the game either.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
FromSwordtoPen-0.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

nonomo

Game Developer
May 2, 2019
When you know if it's going to be a harem, you indicate it, if it isn't a harem I'm not interested in starting the game, so I'm going to wait until you confirm it or not.

In any case, if you include a harem ending, specify if it's a serious one that may interest harem fans or if it's one that is rather secondary and poorly developed or humorous. Because if it's going to be one of the last options, then I wouldn't be interested in starting the game either.
I can for sure tell you that there's gonna be a harem path. But I'm still crafting the story around it as I had not planned this. For those who don't want the game to be a harem, don't worry. You will be able to play without it.

As for how it will be told. I can already say that it won't be humorous nor stupid. I'm still writing it so I cannot promise anything. I hope that answer is enough for now.