Original Title: 学園催眠隷奴~さっきまで、大嫌いだったはずなのに~
Aliases: Gakuen Saimin Reido ~Sakki made, Daikirai Datta Hazu na no ni~
Developer: Silky's
Censored: Yes (Mosaics)
Version: Final
Language: English (MTL)
Voices: Japanese
VNDB:

Although there is a better translation in the works by Sarica I decided to MTL this for myself, clean up the translation and share with the community.
I previously worked on another game from the same dev so I learned how to modify script files for the AI6WIN engine, which uses VM bytecode, and wrote a tool for that purpose. I needed to do that since VNTextPatch by arcusmaximus doesn't handle long dialogue lines correctly when patching .mes files. The tool needed a few changes to make it work for this game, but nothing difficult.
I am using Sugoi for the translation, so expect quality roughly on par with what SVN puts out. I will be editing the MTL but I don't have a whole lot of time and patience so there's a limit to how much I can improve it.

Progress:
2024-07-15: first pass MTL done, also merged in Sarica's prologue translation since it's much better
Currently proofreading and editing while playing the game, expect this process to take at least a couple of weeks.
Those unwilling to wait can grab the v0 patch, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited:

alterunic

Mar 23, 2023
There are a couple of things I could use feedback on:

1. The title of the game thread, for when I eventually upload it. F95 wants proper English titles, otherwise I'd leave it as "Gakuen Saimin Reido". Currently I'm thinking of using:
Hypnotized School Slave ~ I Thought I Hated You Until Just Now

2. The protag's nickname
In Japanese it's debuji (デブジ), which is a contraction of debude (fat) and jiji (old man).
Sarica translated it as Fateezer (fat + geezer), but to me that just doesn't sound like an insult someone would actually use.
In the anime version I watched they use Fatass, which I'm leaning towards. I'm also considering Fatso and Fatty.

Last edited:

applepie123

Aug 3, 2017
Thanks for this! The english title should just be called "Best fucking mind control japanese VN, play it", but Hypnotized School Slave works.

I like Fatty the best because it sounds more juvenile and playful which fits the school setting but don't think it matters much.