Ren'Py Galactic Love Utopia: Arrival [v0.20.2] [Kaijoseisoft]

MobilePony

Jul 13, 2017
I was iffy about it being AICG but because of Zrix135 mentioning the artists account ( ), I went and had a look.

While some of it feels AI-ish, its not as KnightFang (@KFstudio69 on twitter) has posted numerous screenshots of different pieces being worked on and shows layers (albeit, some of the layer names and content are cut off)

A good example is one of his commission pieces he shows hes working on:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

compared to the completed version:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TL;DR Dude just really likes his shading, but unfortunately it creates an AI "Feeling"

Kaijoseisoft

Jan 8, 2024
Everyone who worked on this project is listed in the credits screen in the main menu with links to their pages. All material including music, sound effects, voice acting, art, animation, etc was made by people for this project specifically (a small exception being the first two backgrounds, those are copyright free DLsite backgrounds). Gotta admit it's a little disheartening to have it confused for an AI product anyway, but I've attached some WIP images.
Kaijoseisoft1_detailed_sketchB.jpg image.png iroh_manekin 1 key.gif image (1).png

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
Current version is so short it's little more than a proof of concept. Something to check back on in a couple years I guess.

anonwk3

Oct 25, 2021
Gotta admit it's a little disheartening to have it confused for an AI product anyway
And this is unfortunate and sad age we now live in when so called "artists" using software to replicate actual artistic trends or techniques results in people questioning a real piece if it dousent look unique enough. Honestly having played the game I'm even more convinced actual humans worked on it. There's love in this project however short it is which more than I can say for a lot of other games that might be on this site

Agile7961

May 25, 2023
It's good to remember that there are things that will feel AI-ish precisely because AI was trained on them. It's all fun and games until the AI witch hunt ends up making things doubly worse (if it's not clear: their art is used by AI and then they get mistaken for AI) for real artists you claim to care about.