Seeking Game about Reconciliation

DannyLucifer

Jul 5, 2018
I am looking for games that have reconciliation as the main aspect. Maybe the MC cheated or the MFC cheated or just a bad breakup, as long as it's about a couple giving it a second chance.

I don't mind if there's NTR as a plot not as a fetish. If your story has NTR as the main focus keep that shit 10 yards away.

Also, no incest stuff cringes me the f out. I don't like harem but if it's a good story... Maybe? But if it's like 10 different girls, no thanks. I want well fleshed-out characters not walking tits. Maybe a throuple.

The reason I'm asking this is because I have NTR blacklisted from tags so maybe I am missing some good stories that have it but only as a plot not as a fetish.

Thanks to anyone who can point me to some good shit.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
The only ones that immedately come to mind is the Lockeart trilogy, A Petal Among Thorns, A Moment of Bliss, and Over the Moon. The problem being that the 'reconciliation' of the MC with his wife takes a back seat to his expanding intimate relationship with his daughters. Ditto for Chasing Sunsets, where the whole premise revolves around mending your broken relationship with your estranged sister after your parents die in mysterious circumstances, leaving you both as the heirs to a pharmaceutical empire.

I can think of a few 'redemption' stories, where the MC digs themselves out of a metaphorical hole (e.g. Artemis, Leap of Faith), but I'm drawing a blank as any other games where you are trying to fix a broken relationship instead of forging a new one (that doesn't involve fucking your family). Which makes sense, what with family being 'the ties that bind'. It makes for a useful narrative tool, and an easy explanation for why people who have gone their separate ways don't just stay apart. It takes way more work to square that circle otherwise (e.g. being so desperate to reconcile with non-family), it's no surprise that few games tackle that subject matter; most devs here are pursing the path of least resistance when it comes to story and fetishes.

I can think of a few that include moments of reconciliation between characters (such as Simon and Wynn in The Last Sovereign), but not as the primary theme. While there is no specific tag for this, I would think your best bet would be the Romance tag; not all romances are reconciliation, but any worthwhile reconciliation fitting your criteria is gonna be romance.

That being said, while I wasn't able to find anything that exactly matched, I was able to pick out a few that have similar themes. Call them 'reconciliation-adjacent' if you must. I sorted the Latest Updates by quality, with included tags 'romance' and excluded tags 'incest', hoping that by browsing through the pages I'd see something that would trigger a memory or feeling attached to a game I had forgotten. Here's what I came up with...

Friends in Need
The central relationship is between the MC and an old work friend who they had unrequited feelings for. They got lucky with and cashed out high with some crypto, and now find themselves as the city's newest philanthropist. Later the old friend comes back in trouble, in desperate need of a bailout the MC can provided, because of trouble they're only in because of their dumbass douche-canoe of a boyfriend (whom the MC already hated from back in the day). One way or another she gets the money, only to effectively vanish for over a year, before showing up on the MC's doorstep drastically changed and in even more dire straits than before. How the MC handles this key relationship is one of the central themes of the narrative, but she is hardly the only love interest in the game either. Reconciliation is an option, but it's not the central point that the rest of the plot revolves around.

Still in active development, and a personal favorite of mine.

My Bully Is My Lover
First off, ignore the entirely optional romance with the MC's sister. The rest of the story revolves around the MC needing to literally reconcile with his 3 childhood tormentors as an adult, and uncovering the various machinations that had lead these girls to torment him so viciously for years; with the ultimate goal being some form of reconciliation with one or all of them in some form or another. This is not the mending of a prior formal relationship, but rather a mending and recontextualization of formerly toxic ones.

Still in active development, but I have fallen off and haven't kept up with the last few updates. Maybe it'll stick better with you.

Opportunity: A Sugar Baby Story
An overworked and stressed single mother of two, has a chance meeting with an old friend. Turns out they did well for themselves and they're now independently wealthy and effectively retired. She also learns that he used to have a massive crush on her, and proposes an arrangement; that she become his sugar baby. The story revolves around the female protagonists adjusting to this new lifestyle, with a central theme being how she handles her relationship with her old friend and crush going forward with their new professional (and erotic) work relationship. How much romance may or may not be rekindled, and will both of them be able to reconciles their different wants and needs from their new relationship?

A complete game, and one I've personally finished playing through. Comes highly recommended regardless.

Reunion
A professional author returns to their childhood hometown after their mother dies, and is forced to confront those from his past. Included in this is 3 of the 4 potential love interest, those of an older family friend and neighbor, their daughter whom the MC used to babysit and still harbors a massive crush, and the queen of the cheer squad and one of the MC's chief tormentors in high school. Again, not so much a reconciliation of a prior formal relationship, but rather the opportunity to recontextualize old relationships left buried and forgotten.

A complete game, and one I've personally finished playing through. Not as strong narratively, but also relatively short. You could see all 4 paths in less time than it takes to finish most anything else here.

Avalon
This one is actually thanks to the aforementioned Lockheart. Avalon has a falling out with her mother, and moves in with her adoptive uncle (so not technically incest, but they do share a familial-like relationship). The story revolves around each of their respective traumas, and how they open up to themselves and each other. This one is very much about broken and flawed people sorting through their emotional baggage, and trying to come out healthier and happier on the other side.

A complete game, and one I've personally finished playing through. Comes highly recommended regardless.

Intertwined
Similar to Reunion, with the MC returning to their childhood hometown and needing to deal with consequences of rekindling old relationships and the new ones that they start. Here the MC is much younger (college aged maybe), but is also carrying some serious emotional baggage tied up in his unreciprocated love for a childhood friend. But potential red-flags include a pair of step-sister love interests (I cannot remember if both can safely be ignored), and the potential to get a bit too pervvy with the MC's mother (nothing more than seeing a nip-slip in the pool, or seeing a sex scene involving her and her college roommate in a memory).

Still in active development, but I have fallen off and haven't kept up with the last few updates.

Former Delinquent Wife Hinako ~Making Her Mind And Body Mine!~
The wildcard of the group! This one revolves around a young MC entering college, and discovering that the neighbor at his new apartment was his hometown's delinquent girl, whom he used to have a close relationship with. So this one revolves around how the MC handles the rekindling of his childhood crush for the older girl, and how that effects the now married and mother of one Hinako. This is very much of the netorase genre, but with the love interest in question being won over from a cheating deadbeat husband by the power of pure love from a childhood friend. This is very much a MC working very hard to more than reconcile an old relationship.

A complete game, and one I've personally finished playing through. I also remember it being a decent read, thanks to a solid fan translation, so that's a plus. Comes highly recommended regardless.

DannyLucifer

Jul 5, 2018
The only ones that immedately come to mind is the Lockeart trilogy, A Petal Among Thorns, A Moment of Bliss, and Over the Moon. The problem being that the 'reconciliation' of the MC with his wife takes a back seat to his expanding intimate relationship with his daughters. Ditto for Chasing Sunsets, where the whole premise revolves around mending your broken relationship with your estranged sister after your parents die in mysterious circumstances, leaving you both as the heirs to a pharmaceutical empire.

I can think of a few 'redemption' stories, where the MC digs themselves out of a metaphorical hole (e.g. Artemis, Leap of Faith), but I'm drawing a blank as any other games where you are trying to fix a broken relationship instead of forging a new one (that doesn't involve fucking your family). Which makes sense, what with family being 'the ties that bind'. It makes for a useful narrative tool, and an easy explanation for why people who have gone their separate ways don't just stay apart. It takes way more work to square that circle otherwise (e.g. being so desperate to reconcile with non-family), it's no surprise that few games tackle that subject matter; most devs here are pursing the path of least resistance when it comes to story and fetishes.

I can think of a few that include moments of reconciliation between characters (such as Simon and Wynn in The Last Sovereign), but not as the primary theme. While there is no specific tag for this, I would think your best bet would be the Romance tag; not all romances are reconciliation, but any worthwhile reconciliation fitting your criteria is gonna be romance.

That being said, while I wasn't able to find anything that exactly matched, I was able to pick out a few that have similar themes. Call them 'reconciliation-adjacent' if you must. I sorted the Latest Updates by quality, with included tags 'romance' and excluded tags 'incest', hoping that by browsing through the pages I'd see something that would trigger a memory or feeling attached to a game I had forgotten. Here's what I came up with...

Friends in Need
The central relationship is between the MC and an old work friend who they had unrequited feelings for. They got lucky with and cashed out high with some crypto, and now find themselves as the city's newest philanthropist. Later the old friend comes back in trouble, in desperate need of a bailout the MC can provided, because of trouble they're only in because of their dumbass douche-canoe of a boyfriend (whom the MC already hated from back in the day). One way or another she gets the money, only to effectively vanish for over a year, before showing up on the MC's doorstep drastically changed and in even more dire straits than before. How the MC handles this key relationship is one of the central themes of the narrative, but she is hardly the only love interest in the game either. Reconciliation is an option, but it's not the central point that the rest of the plot revolves around.

Still in active development, and a personal favorite of mine.

My Bully Is My Lover
First off, ignore the entirely optional romance with the MC's sister. The rest of the story revolves around the MC needing to literally reconcile with his 3 childhood tormentors as an adult, and uncovering the various machinations that had lead these girls to torment him so viciously for years; with the ultimate goal being some form of reconciliation with one or all of them in some form or another. This is not the mending of a prior formal relationship, but rather a mending and recontextualization of formerly toxic ones.

Still in active development, but I have fallen off and haven't kept up with the last few updates. Maybe it'll stick better with you.

Opportunity: A Sugar Baby Story
An overworked and stressed single mother of two, has a chance meeting with an old friend. Turns out they did well for themselves and they're now independently wealthy and effectively retired. She also learns that he used to have a massive crush on her, and proposes an arrangement; that she become his sugar baby. The story revolves around the female protagonists adjusting to this new lifestyle, with a central theme being how she handles her relationship with her old friend and crush going forward with their new professional (and erotic) work relationship. How much romance may or may not be rekindled, and will both of them be able to reconciles their different wants and needs from their new relationship?

Reunion
A professional author returns to their childhood hometown after their mother dies, and is forced to confront those from his past. Included in this is 3 of the 4 potential love interest, those of an older family friend and neighbor, their daughter whom the MC used to babysit and still harbors a massive crush, and the queen of the cheer squad and one of the MC's chief tormentors in high school. Again, not so much a reconciliation of a prior formal relationship, but rather the opportunity to recontextualize old relationships left buried and forgotten.

A complete game, and one I've personally finished playing through. Not as strong narratively, but also relatively short. You could see all 4 paths in less time than it takes to finish most anything else here.

Avalon
This one is actually thanks to the aforementioned Lockheart. Avalon has a falling out with her mother, and moves in with her adoptive uncle (so not technically incest, but they do share a familial-like relationship). The story revolves around each of their respective traumas, and how they open up to themselves and each other. This one is very much about broken and flawed people sorting through their emotional baggage, and trying to come out healthier and happier on the other side.

Intertwined
Similar to Reunion, with the MC returning to their childhood hometown and needing to deal with consequences of rekindling old relationships and the new ones that they start. Here the MC is much younger (college aged maybe), but is also carrying some serious emotional baggage tied up in his unreciprocated love for a childhood friend. But potential red-flags include a pair of step-sister love interests (I cannot remember if both can safely be ignored), and the potential to get a bit too pervvy with the MC's mother (nothing more than seeing a nip-slip in the pool, or seeing a sex scene involving her and her college roommate in a memory).

Still in active development, but I have fallen off and haven't kept up with the last few updates.

Former Delinquent Wife Hinako ~Making Her Mind And Body Mine!~
The wildcard of the group! This one revolves around a young MC entering college, and discovering that the neighbor at his new apartment was his hometown's delinquent girl, whom he used to have a close relationship with. So this one revolves around how the MC handles the rekindling of his childhood crush for the older girl, and how that effects the now married and mother of one Hinako. This is very much of the netorase genre, but with the love interest in question being won over from a cheating deadbeat husband by the power of pure love from a childhood friend. This is very much a MC working very hard to more than reconcile an old relationship.

A complete game, and one I've personally finished playing through. I also remember it being a decent read, thanks to a solid fan translation, so that's a plus. Comes highly recommended regardless.
Thank you so much for your great recommendations, my man. There are some familiar titles, but you are right what I was looking for is hard to find, especially without the incest tag. But I will check them out on by one. Again, thanks.

Reactions: EvolutionKills

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
Leap Of Faith - game completed, one of paths available in game is the possibility to romance again MC ex-girlfriend Stephanie who left him and simply disappeared from his life.

Love & Sex: Second Base - 2dcg game still in development, if we play as male protagonist then one of the many LI available in this game is also ex girfriend of MC and her name is Alexis and earlier it was MC who broke up with her because she cheated on him, but if we want MC can get back together with her, only we have to be careful because she also has in game path with NTR but it is possible to avoid this NTR altogether if we want to.

Defending Lydia Collier - game still in development, one of available LI in game (Jenna) is MC ex-girlfriend.

No More Secrets - game completed, one of girls in game (Nichole) I don't remember for 100% whether they were officially a couple but they were definitely very close but they lost contact with each other and now MC meets her again and she is also one of the potential LIs.

The Grey Dream - game still in development, one of available LI in game (Helen) is MC ex-girlfriend

Morana

Apr 1, 2017
Race of Life seems like it will have what you're looking for, one of the characters is the ex-wife you cheated on. Still fairly early in development though and her path is (understandably) a slow burn.