Game devs/game MODDERS read this

Jul 15, 2019
Android ports are important alotta ppl don't have PC or they want take games on the road without having to take a laptop ECT. SO IF YOU MAKE ANDROID VERSION YOU GET MORE FANS AND MORE FANS =MORR CHANCES TO EARN $$$$ BUT YALL DONT THINK OF THAT DO YALL ALSO MAKE BIGGER UPDATES IF U JUST GIVE INFO THAT THE UPDATE GONNA BE A BIT LONGER TO MAKE N PUT OUT UR FANS WILL UNDERSTAND

Jul 15, 2019
Instead of being arsey, why not request android ports in the appropriate section :FacePalm:
Don't need to request it doesn't matter it's a thought towards Android users ppl always over look them tell em get a real system and you just another one of them types of ppl insted of saying you kinda right you go and respond with this stuff

Jul 15, 2019
perfect way to ask/tell people something, all I read is YADAYADDA I'M MAD YOU IDJITS! Maybe try a bit subtle next time ;)
First post just posted it somewhere I ain't mad or anything just a thought about Android users they get over looked and talked down to and alotta Android user might become supporters to devs who go extra mile...and if devs sit and talk to the supporters let them know the next update is bigger and they need more time putting it together their supporters would understand a rushed update isn't better then no update

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I make my game on a PC for a PC, if it ports to android so be it. I have not got the time to test if it works on android, and if I did have time and it didn't work I wouldn't have the time to do anything about, and if I did have the time I wouldn't know how to fix it.

That is the issue with most devs who don't have android versions. I personally used to make my own android builds, then they started to fail on me, I dunno why, now someone ports it unofficially and I dunno how.

Hentai_Kishi

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
There is a big thing you are probably forgetting: Not every developer can or knows how to do android ports, there is also the issue of checking to see if the engine or framework used to make the game has an easy way to port to android.

For example, if you make a game in Ren'Py, Unity or even Godot you can probably easily do an android build but if you otherwise use some engine/framework that is specifically for PC's then you probably won't be able to do an android build and even if it's possible this kind of thing is too much of a hassle for a single developer or even a small team of developers to do every time, this really takes away the time they could be using to focus on more content to instead provide a build for a small slice of players. Yes, the people that ONLY play on phones are a small slice of gamers(gamers as in serious players), especially in erotic games.

I'm talking more on the developers perspective and how it's too much of a hassle for some teams.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Android ports are important alotta ppl don't have PC
And an even bigger percent of devs don't have an Android device on which they can effectively do all the required devel stuff, like debugging by example. So, unless you intend to offer one to them, it's totally not necessary to talk so loudly to them.

As for the modders, who apparently annoy you the most since you shouted their name, it's even worse. For Ren'py by exemple, many of the mechanisms and tricks used to mod a game will not works, or not works well, on Android. Therefore they would have to mod the game twice, in two different and incompatible ways.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Well, honestly, making an Android version is a pain in the ass for me. I'm using Ren'Py, so all I need to do is install some extensions and make an Android build in a few clicks, right? Sounds easy.

But....
Some people reported problems that the Android version could not be installed, some reported that the game crashed on some error, etc ..
These problems only occur on some devices.
I solved some of those problems but I still saw reports that some people have a problem with the installation.

Unless you have an army of Android testers, which most hobby developers like me don't, it's impossible to make an Android version that will run smoothly on the vast majority of Android devices. There will always be people with a certain phone or tablet model who will not be able to play your game.

So, my priority is the PC version, then I do the Android version and test that it works on the two Android devices I have, but that's all I can do if I don't want to spend an unreasonable amount of time debugging the Android version.

I fully understand why many developers who use Ren'Py do not make Android versions, even though Ren'Py is one of the engines where the process of creating an Android version is quite straightforward compared to others.

Dehvid

Nov 4, 2021
Android ports are important alotta ppl don't have PC or they want take games on the road without having to take a laptop ECT. SO IF YOU MAKE ANDROID VERSION YOU GET MORE FANS AND MORE FANS =MORR CHANCES TO EARN $$$$ BUT YALL DONT THINK OF THAT DO YALL ALSO MAKE BIGGER UPDATES IF U JUST GIVE INFO THAT THE UPDATE GONNA BE A BIT LONGER TO MAKE N PUT OUT UR FANS WILL UNDERSTAND
Wow. Modders on here do an awesome job and do not get a LOT of support money wise and most do not ask for it often. Requesting an android port for a game might be a better way to go about this rather then telling modders how to do a better job of making money. You ever think a lot of them do it cause they enjoy it also and appreciate the thanks they do get?