VN Bonds of Trust - A game idea with the focus on a Dom/Sub-relationship

Which 3 hair styles do you prefer? (1 - 10)

• Total voters

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018

Hello,
at the moment I have some ideas for 2 or 3 games, but absolutly no experience in making a game myself. So at some point I have to learn it obviously. Till than I'd like to share my idea for the game I'd like to make first.
Sadly I can't promise anything, because I don't have too much time...

To myself, I like to read stories and books about BDSM. One of my favourite comics is Sunstone, which has one of the best BDSM lovestories. I have a bit of experience in BDSM myself, but not as much as I'd like. I really like Visual Novels that are made in Ren'py with Daz-models.

It will be a game that focus mainly on the Dom/Sub-relationship of two characters.
That means it has two playable characters, the male protagonist and the female protagonist.
The fact that the main focus is on the relationship of both means obviously that decisions work like conversations. When you make a decision with the MP that concerns the FP, then you can react with the FP. That way the playern can craft his/her own story and relationship between the both protagonists.

Why do I want to make a system like that?
Well I want the player to have full controll over the emotions of the protagonists. I am not the biggest fan of any stats or grind in games, so I want the game to be mostly choice based.

But now I give you a short summery of the story:
The game will start in a BDSM Club/Bar.
The MP is a quite experienced Dom, who had a D/S relationship for a long time. At some point the relationship failed. Now he is single and mostly acts out his lifestyle in this club with different women.
He is a good friend of the club owner of the club and a member himself.
The FP goes to the club for the first time. She goes there together with two of her girlfriends. Her girlfriends already went there in the past. The FP was never in a BDSM-relationship before, but dreamed about it and did some playing with herself. So she isn't vanilla, but also not quite experienced and she only had vanilla-realionships.

So both protagonists will meet in this club for the first time and get to know each other.
After some time this will end in a relationship between those two. Obviously they know that they are both interessted in BDSM.
The FP wants to go further and experience new stuff, but she doesn't know really know what she likes and where her limits are.
The MP on the other hand was in a relationship that ended bad, because of BDSM, so he is afraid that it goes too far again. (although he actually like the extremes) So he tryes to guide the FP in a speed that is comfortable for both of them.

How the relationship progresses and how far it goes will be totally up to the player.
You want it to focus only on pet-play? No problem! You only want light BDSM? Also no problem! You want to go as extrem as possible? Also no problem! (At the moment I am not sure, if I want to put in non-consentual stuff like rape)

Character:
  • Male Protagonist: I am not too sure about his job yet, but I don't want him to have money problems. He is quite tall, about 1,90 to 1,95 meters. He has brown hair and brown eyes. Not too sure about long or short hair yet, but he should have a beard. He is in his late 20s.
  • Female Protagonist: Her job should be something creative like an author or an artist. I am not too sure about her appearence. Maybe she is cute and petite or like a model tall with long legs. Both can fit in their own ways. At the beginning she is relatively innocent. I definitly want her to have red hair and green or blue eyes.
  • Through out the game I want them to change their appearence so you have the feeling development in time and in the story. So the MP can have a haircut and of course change his clothing style. The FP as she gets more and more into being a Sub, can change her appearence drasticly, like getting piercings all over her body, maybe tatoos, coloring her hair, new hair styles, wearing a collar,etc.
  • For side characters, there will be some. Not too sure about who and what they are, but here some examples: Club owner (friend of MP), Dominatrix (friend and sexual partner in the past), male or female sub for the Dominatrix, two female friends of the FP, older brother of the MP, two sisters of the MP (they are triplets), younger brother of FP, older sister of FP, etc.
And now the stuff that interessts you the most... the pervy stuff!
I list the fetishes/tags/genres that might be in it (although it is way too much) and after this I describe a sexual scenes as some example. For Fetishes I can think of nearly everything, the only limits are at some of the more extreme stuff.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That was a really long list and of course just examples of what might be intersting in such a relationship. As you can see I didn't put incest there, not that I don't like it, but I thought it isn't needed, but maybe there will be an option to share the FP with the MPs sisters.

I also thought about a feature that shows a list of what the FP likes and what are her hardlimits, softlimits, etc. That list is always accessible for the player. That way you can decide if you want to go further in some directions or not.

So lets imagine that the relationship of both protagonists has grown quite much and they are already in a D/S realtionship, but they are still early in discovering what they both like.
The FP got the order to clean the house in a maid uniform and to be always accessible for the MP. While cleaning something she is bend over and you can see her pussy, of course she was a good girl and didn't put on any panties.
Now the MP has quite some possibilities, of course he can just fuck her without even asking her, because she had to be accessible for him. You can order her in some possitions or you could punish her because she doesn't work to your liking.
There will nearly always be an option that will push the limit of what the FP likes at the moment. So for example you pour a glass of water on the floor and order her to clean the floor by licking it up. Then she can decide to do it without hesitation, begging to not do it, refusing to do it with consequences or saying her "slowword" or safeword.

Thanks for reading my ideas, I hope you liked it :)
If you have something to add, something positive or negative to say about it, I am happy to hear it ;)

FAN SIGs by Krull

1551192736478.png 1551192750233.png GP_Elizabeta_without make-up.png GP_Elisabeta_5.png GP_Elizabeta_Maid.png GP_Eva_new_first_scene_Camera_6.png GP_Eva_new_first_scene_Camera_8.png GP_Eva_new_first_scene_Camera_5.png GP_Eva_new_first_scene_Camera_7.png GP_Eva_new_first_scene_Camera_9.png Camera 1.png Camera 3.png Camera 7.png GP_ELizabeta_Bondage_Camera 1.png GP_ELizabeta_Bondage_Camera 2.png GP_ELizabeta_Bondage_Camera 4.png GP_ELizabeta_Bondage_Camera 6.png GP_ELizabeta_Bondage_Camera 10.png GP_ELizabeta_Bondage_Camera 8.png GP_ELizabeta_Bondage_Camera 9.png GP_ELizabeta_Bondage_Camera 7.png GP_ELizabeta_Bondage_Camera 3.png GP_ELizabeta_Bondage_Camera 5.png Banner.png 354601_GP_Amelia_boots_6.png 359741_GP_Amelia_C1.jpg 359742_GP_Amelia_C2.jpg 359743_GP_Amelia_C3.jpg 359744_GP_Amelia_C4.jpg

Last edited:

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Hello,
at the moment I have some ideas for 2 or 3 games, but absolutly no experience in making a game myself. So at some point I have to learn it obviously. Till than I'd like to share my idea for the game I'd like to make first.

To myself, I like to read stories and books about BDSM. One of my favourite comics is Sunstone, which has one of the best BDSM lovestories. I have a bit of experience in BDSM myself, but not as much as I'd like. I really like Visual Novels that are made in Ren'py with Daz-models.

It is be a game that focus mainly on the Dom/Sub-relationship of two characters.
That means it has two playable characters, the male protagonist and the female protagonist.
The fact that the main focus is on the relationship of both means obviously that decisions work like conversations. When you make a decision with the MP that concerns the FP, then you can react with the FP. That way the playern can craft his/her own story and relationship between the both protagonists.

Well I want the player to have full controll over the emotions of the protagonists. I am not the biggest fan of any stats or grind in games, so I want the game to be mostly choice based.

The MP is a quite experienced Dom, who had a D/S relationship for a long time. At some point the relationship failed. Now he is single and mostly acts out his lifestyle in this club with different women.
The FP goes to the club for the first time. She goes there together with two of her girlfriends. Her girlfriends already went there in the past. The FP was never in a BDSM-relationship before, but dreamed about it and did some playing with herself. So she isn't vanilla, but also not quite experienced and she only had vanilla-realionships.

So both protagonists will meet in this club for the first time and get to know each other.
After some time this will end in a relationship between those two. Obviously they know that they are both interessted in BDSM.
The FP wants to go further and experience new stuff, but she doesn't know really know what she likes and where her limits are.
The MP on the other hand was in a relationship that ended bad, because of BDSM, so he is afraid that it goes too far again. (although he actually like the extremes) So he tryes to guide the FP in a speed that is comfortable for both of them.

How the relationship progresses and how far it goes will be totally up to the player.
You want it to focus only on pet-play? No problem! You only want light BDSM? Also no problem! You want to go as extrem as possible? Also no problem! (At the moment I am not sure, if I want to put in non-consentual stuff like rape)

Character:
  • Male Protagonist: I am not too sure about his job yet, but I don't want him to have money problems. He is quite tall, about 1,90 to 1,95 meters. He has brown hair and brown eyes. Not too sure about long or short hair yet, but he should have a beard. He is in his late 20s.
  • Female Protagonist: Her job should be something creative like an author or an artist. I am not too sure about her appearence. Maybe she is cute and petite or like a model tall with long legs. Both can fit in their own ways. At the beginning she is relatively innocent. I definitly want her to have red hair and green or blue eyes.
  • Through out the game I want them to change their appearence so you have the feeling development in time and in the story. So the MP can have a haircut and of course change his clothing style. The FP as she gets more and more into being a Sub, can change her appearence drasticly, like getting piercings all over her body, maybe tatoos, coloring her hair, new hair styles, wearing a collar,etc.
  • For side characters, there will be some. Not too sure about who and what they are, but here some examples: Club owner (friend of MP), Dominatrix (friend and sexual partner in the past), male or female sub for the Dominatrix, two female friends of the FP, older brother of the MP, two sisters of the MP (they are triplets), younger brother of FP, older sister of FP, etc.

I list the fetishes/tags/genres that might be in it (although it is way too much) and after this I describe a sexual scenes as some example. For Fetishes I can think of nearly everything, the only limits are at some of the more extreme stuff.
  • BDSM (in general)
  • 24/7 relationship
  • checklist
  • Bondage (+suspension bondage, waterbondage, bondage art, hair bondage, etc.)
  • Humilation and anti-humilation
  • anal (sex, torture, training, anilingus, etc.)
  • age play
  • animal play (pet play, pony girl, animal transformation fantasy)
  • auction (maybe for a scene in the club)
  • body worship
  • bastinado and caning
  • aftercare
  • body modification
  • brat
  • breast bondage
  • breath control, breath play
  • breeding (-fantasy)
  • whipping
  • chastity
  • contract
  • costume/role play
  • cuckquean
  • Dacryphilia
  • reward and punishment
  • dungeon
  • electric play
  • erotic sexual denial
  • exhibitionism
  • face fucking
  • fear play
  • fire and ice
  • forced orgasm
  • hard limit
  • (harem) (not sure, but there are some ideas)
  • lactation
  • mindfuck
  • nipple torture
  • nose hook
  • objectification
  • orgasm control or denial
  • safeword
  • pinwheel
  • polyamory
  • power exchange
  • SSC
  • scent play
  • service
  • torture (play)
  • training
  • wax play
  • wooden horse
  • sharing
  • etc.
Extremer fetishes:
  • abduction/kidnapping - in combination with rape-play
  • bladder/bowel control
  • (bestiality) (really not sure about this)
  • urination
  • scat/brown shower (active and passive)
  • edge play
  • golden shower
  • knife play
  • needle play
  • toilet play
  • etc.
That was a really long list and of course just examples of what might be intersting in such a relationship. As you can see I didn't put incest there, not that I don't like it, but I thought it isn't needed, but maybe there will be an option to share the FP with the MPs sisters.

I also thought about a feature that shows a list of what the FP likes and what are her hardlimits, softlimits, etc. That list is always accessible for the player. That way you can decide if you want to go further in some directions or not.

So lets imagine that the relationship of both protagonists has grown quite much and they are already in a D/S realtionship, but they are still early in discovering what they both like.
The FP got the order to clean the house in a maid uniform and to be always accessible for the MP. While cleaning something she is bend over and you can see her pussy, of course she was a good girl and didn't put on any panties.
Now the MP has quite some possibilities, of course he can just fuck her without even asking her, because she had to be accessible for him. You can order her in some possitions or you could punish her because she doesn't work to your liking.
There will nearly always be an option that will push the limit of what the FP likes at the moment. So for example you pour a glass of water on the floor and order her to clean the floor by licking it up. Then she can decide to do it without hesitation, begging to not do it, refusing to do it with consequences or saying her "slowword" or safeword.

If you have something to add, something positive or negative to say about it, I am happy to hear it ;)
Hmm, that's actually a very interesting idea, and if executed properly, it could be one of the best out there in the particular genre, so for those people that are into that, I hope that VN would get made :)

Unfortunately for me (yes, I'd be the unfortunate one because I'd be the one missing out), it's not my scene :)

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Hmm, that's actually a very interesting idea, and if executed properly, it could be one of the best out there in the particular genre, so for those people that are into that, I hope that VN would get made :)

Unfortunately for me (yes, I'd be the unfortunate one because I'd be the one missing out), it's not my scene :)
Well this kind of theme obviously isn't for everybody, but thanks that you found the idea interesting. Sadly it is a lot of work to even come to the point where you can finally start making the game :coldsweat:

lol I thought this was gonna be a Dad/Son thread
Lmao same I came here to laugh but egh
Haha x'D Damn I guess I messed this up a bit. I changed the title, now it should be clear :biggrin:

Furuichi Imadori

Donor
May 13, 2017
A BDSM love story: nice. A redhead FP: great. The plot is good. As George Clooney says: what else?

I would reverse the parts & add some changes (if it's shit for you, tell me, I would not be offended;))

The Female Protagonist is a quite experienced Dominatrix, who had a D/S relationship for a long time. At some point the relationship failed. Now she is single and and she's looking for a new toy, a newbie who knows nothing about BDSM.
She is a good friend of the club owner of the club and a member herself.
The Male Protagonist goes to the club for the first time. He goes there together with a couple who are his friends. The couple already went there in the past. The Male Protagonist was never in a BDSM-relationship before, but dreamed about it and did some playing with himself. So he isn't vanilla, but also not quite experienced and he only had vanilla-relationships.

but maybe there will be an option to share the FP with the MPs sisters.
The FP with the MPs or FPs sisters could also punish the MP ?

Are you against trampling, guro & object insertion (heels in urethra, bottle in ass), sissification ?

I just modified this passage as an example of sissification:

So lets imagine that the relationship of both protagonists has grown quite much and they are already in a D/S relationship, but they are still early in discovering what they both like.
The Male Protagonist got the order to clean the house in a maid uniform and to be always accessible for the FP. While cleaning something he is bend over and you can see her genitals, of course he was a good boy and didn't put on any boxers, briefs.
Now the FP has quite some possibilities, of course she can just fuck him without even asking him, because he had to be accessible for her. You can order him in some positions or you could punish him because he doesn't work to your liking.
There will nearly always be an option that will push the limit of what the MP likes at the moment. So for example you pour a glass of water on the floor and order him to clean the floor by licking it up. Then he can decide to do it without hesitation, begging to not do it, refusing to do it with consequences or saying his "slowword" or safeword.

Reactions: GhostPhil

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
A BDSM love story: nice. A redhead FP: great. The plot is good. As George Clooney says: what else?

I would reverse the parts & add some changes (if it's shit for you, tell me, I would not be offended;))
I don't mind any suggestions or ideas :) I mean what you are practically offering is switching the MP to a sub and the FP to a dominatrix. My idea for this game was of course more centered aroung a male dom and a female sub, but the only reason for this is the fact that I like to be more dominant then submissiv.
As you would play both characters in the game, it would be perfect to let the player choose out of 2 backstory paths.
  1. experienced male dom and inexperienced female sub
  2. experienced female dom and inexperienced male sub
That way the player can play the path he/she likes the most. The problem with this is of course that there need to be as the same amount of scenes for both routes.
  • What I also like as a theme is that both characters are switchs. That way it would be possible for both to the dominant or submissiv part and it can change during their dayly life a lot.

The Female Protagonist is a quite experienced Dominatrix, who had a D/S relationship for a long time. At some point the relationship failed. Now she is single and and she's looking for a new toy, a newbie who knows nothing about BDSM.
Now that I think about it, it could also work that the female is inexperienced as a domme and the male is experienced as a sub, respectively the male dom can be inexperienced and the female sub experienced. Nobody is born as the perfect dom or sub, so this could be the opportunity to show the development of inexperienced and insecure to confidence.

She is a good friend of the club owner of the club and a member herself.
The Male Protagonist goes to the club for the first time. He goes there together with a couple who are his friends. The couple already went there in the past. The Male Protagonist was never in a BDSM-relationship before, but dreamed about it and did some playing with himself. So he isn't vanilla, but also not quite experienced and he only had vanilla-relationships. So both protagonists will meet in this club for the first time and get to know each other.
I like the intigration of a couple that is into BDSM. That always give good opportunites in the future. Especially as it reminds me of the Comic Sunstone :)

The FP with the MPs or FPs sisters could also punish the MP ?

Are you against trampling, guro & object insertion (heels in urethra, bottle in ass), sissification ?
Well let's say I don't want another incest game. I really like incest in games, but there are a lot of them out there. I mean, with your example I could think about sexual punishment, but no sex per se between siblings. But it would be more likely to be a sibling of the dominant part that helps punishing the sub.

I am not against trampling, object insertions and sissification. Guro would pretty much depend on how extreme, but it is definitly close to a taboo for me. For example branding is something that I can see why people like it in a BDSM relationship, but I would prefer the more gentle approach of a tattoo ;)

I just modified this passage as an example of sissification:

So lets imagine that the relationship of both protagonists has grown quite much and they are already in a D/S relationship, but they are still early in discovering what they both like.
The Male Protagonist got the order to clean the house in a maid uniform and to be always accessible for the FP. While cleaning something he is bend over and you can see her genitals, of course he was a good boy and didn't put on any boxers, briefs.
Now the FP has quite some possibilities, of course she can just fuck him without even asking him, because he had to be accessible for her. You can order him in some positions or you could punish him because he doesn't work to your liking.
There will nearly always be an option that will push the limit of what the MP likes at the moment. So for example you pour a glass of water on the floor and order him to clean the floor by licking it up. Then he can decide to do it without hesitation, begging to not do it, refusing to do it with consequences or saying his "slowword" or safeword.
I can definitly say, that I like thinking about this situation for both routes. And sissification is definitly something I like in a femdom/malesub relationship.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
What I can say is the most important thing in a BDAM-relationship based game is SSC (Safe, Sane, Consensual), so I won't integrate something that damages someones body permanatly in a "bad" way!

Furuichi Imadori

Donor
May 13, 2017
As you would play both characters in the game, it would be perfect to let the player choose out of 2 backstory paths.
  1. experienced male dom and inexperienced female sub
  2. experienced female dom and inexperienced male sub
That way the player can play the path he/she likes the most. The problem with this is of course that there need to be as the same amount of scenes for both routes.
  • What I also like as a theme is that both characters are switchs. That way it would be possible for both to the dominant or submissiv part and it can change during their dayly life a lot.
Really nice to offer all these possibilities.

What I can say is the most important thing in a BDAM-relationship based game is SSC (Safe, Sane, Consensual), so I won't integrate something that damages someones body permanently in a "bad" way!
i agree with you.

For example branding is something that I can see why people like it in a BDSM relationship, but I would prefer the more gentle approach of a tattoo
Branding?! I learned a new fetish thanks to you.

Your project is promising, I hope it will see the light of day. Take your time, more haste less speed. Thank you for your reply & good luck with your creation.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Really nice to offer all these possibilities.
Well that would be the perfect game.

Branding?! I learned a new fetish thanks to you.
No Problem, although it is a more unusual fetish. Well there are so many fetishes out there, you could learn each day a new one and there would still be a lot left ;)

Your project is promising, I hope it will see the light of day. Take your time, more haste less speed. Thank you for your reply & good luck with your creation.
Sadly I can't promise anything, because I have really little time for it. The process of thinking about a story and game mechanics is nothing compared to learning to make the game and actually making it. :coldsweat:
But thanks I will do my best :)

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Hello,

It is be a game that focus mainly on the Dom/Sub-relationship of two characters.

Character:

• BDSM (in general)
  • 24/7 relationship
  • checklist
  • Bondage (+suspension bondage, waterbondage, bondage art, hair bondage, etc.)
  • Humilation and anti-humilation
  • anal (sex, torture, training, anilingus, etc.)
  • age play
  • animal play (pet play, pony girl, animal transformation fantasy)
  • auction (maybe for a scene in the club)
  • body worship
  • bastinado and caning
  • aftercare
  • body modification
  • brat
  • breast bondage
  • breath control, breath play
  • breeding (-fantasy)
  • whipping
  • chastity
  • contract
  • costume/role play
  • cuckquean
  • Dacryphilia
  • reward and punishment
  • dungeon
  • electric play
  • erotic sexual denial
  • exhibitionism
  • face fucking
  • fear play
  • fire and ice
  • forced orgasm
  • hard limit
  • (harem) (not sure, but there are some ideas)
  • lactation
  • mindfuck
  • nipple torture
  • nose hook
  • objectification
  • orgasm control or denial
  • safeword
  • pinwheel
  • polyamory
  • power exchange
  • SSC
  • scent play
  • service
  • torture (play)
  • training
  • wax play
  • wooden horse
  • sharing
  • etc.
Extremer fetishes:
  • abduction/kidnapping - in combination with rape-play
  • bladder/bowel control
  • (bestiality) (really not sure about this)
  • urination
  • scat/brown shower (active and passive)
  • edge play
  • golden shower
  • knife play
  • needle play
  • toilet play
  • etc.

While it is not directly reflective of your ideas... you might actually really enjoy the game I am making. It is not explicitly roleplay-esque dom/sub genre, but has a heavy emphasis on sadomasochism and the MC is somewhat of a piece of shit who has a wife that is head-over-heels for him. After his sadistic sexual desires are amplified by a chance encounter, he slowly becomes more and more dominant of his incredibly shy, insecure, and modest wife (sexually speaking. this is just a side-arc in the game, not in any way the sole focus of the game. it's just a small part of their changing relationship dynamic). It starts out with him being a little rougher than normal, but players have the option to escalate this into something much more intense and rather messed up. The only problem you and others *might* have is the game's story is hyper-realistic-- the wife is not very reciprocal of these changes but is too submissive to say anything and it leads to her suffering a bit. In addition to this, I've written the story with emphasis on the player's emotions and internal monologues, meaning it will hit you in the feels and might be too "real" for some.

It is a suspense story that follows the MC, a psychologist, and his escalation into darkness. Players can direct him into darkness or *try* to steer him back into the light. The game will include everything from (semi-optional)forced sex to more vanilla sexual encounters & relationships. First release will drop in a few months, so feel free to follow me if that's something that interests you.

If you end up making your own game, it sounds really amazing, you've clearly put a lot of thought into it, and I'm very much interested in playing it! I am a huge fan of the sadomasochism/dom/sub genre. I will definitely follow your progress, so take the leap and I wish you good luck!

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
While it is not directly reflective of your ideas... you might actually really enjoy the game I am making. It is not explicitly roleplay-esque dom/sub genre, but has a heavy emphasis on sadomasochism and the MC is somewhat of a piece of shit who has a wife that is head-over-heels for him. After his sadistic sexual desires are amplified by a chance encounter, he slowly becomes more and more dominant of his incredibly shy, insecure, and modest wife (sexually speaking. this is just a side-arc in the game, not in any way the sole focus of the game. it's just a small part of their changing relationship dynamic). It starts out with him being a little rougher than normal, but players have the option to escalate this into something much more intense and rather messed up. The only problem you and others *might* have is the game's story is hyper-realistic-- the wife is not very reciprocal of these changes but is too submissive to say anything and it leads to her suffering a bit. In addition to this, I've written the story with emphasis on the player's emotions and internal monologues, meaning it will hit you in the feels and might be too "real" for some.
I am pretty sure that you wrote about your game somewhere else, that was the reason why I followed you :)
And I really like the idea of a game where the wife loves you so much or rather is so submissiv that she will endure everything you do to her. On the other hand I like it that it will focus around the emotions and inner monologues of the MC. That way you can really feel the emotions.
When I was thinking about my game idea, I first thought about the choices to just break the submissiv part by doing to extreme things and practically forcing her under the doms will. Especially because that way the player could just play hower he/she wants. But after thinking about it, I decided to focus on the "safe, sane and consensual" aspect of BDSM.
Of couse I will bend the "safe and sane" part a bit. But it always should be consensual in the game.

It is a suspense story that follows the MC, a psychologist, and his escalation into darkness. Players can direct him into darkness or *try* to steer him back into the light. The game will include everything from (semi-optional)forced sex to more vanilla sexual encounters & relationships. First release will drop in a few months, so feel free to follow me if that's something that interests you.
I like games where you can decide to go the dark path or try to go the light path or even stay somewhere in between.
And as I said I already followed you some time ago because of the game ;)

If you end up making your own game, it sounds really amazing, you've clearly put a lot of thought into it, and I'm very much interested in playing it! I am a huge fan of the sadomasochism/dom/sub genre. I will definitely follow your progress, so take the leap and I wish you good luck!
Well there aren't enough SM-D/S games out there. They mostly just grasps a very small part of it and it is more vanilla than hardcore.
I really want to make this game, but I have to learn a lot about the game making before even really starting it. The easiest part is to think about the story. And as I only want to make it as a hobby for now, I won't have a lot of time for this... :coldsweat:

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I am pretty sure that you wrote about your game somewhere else, that was the reason why I followed you :)
And I really like the idea of a game where the wife loves you so much or rather is so submissiv that she will endure everything you do to her. On the other hand I like it that it will focus around the emotions and inner monologues of the MC. That way you can really feel the emotions.
When I was thinking about my game idea, I first thought about the choices to just break the submissiv part by doing to extreme things and practically forcing her under the doms will. Especially because that way the player could just play hower he/she wants. But after thinking about it, I decided to focus on the "safe, sane and consensual" aspect of BDSM.
Of couse I will bend the "safe and sane" part a bit. But it always should be consensual in the game.

I like games where you can decide to go the dark path or try to go the light path or even stay somewhere in between.
And as I said I already followed you some time ago because of the game ;)

Well there aren't enough SM-D/S games out there. They mostly just grasps a very small part of it and it is more vanilla than hardcore.
I really want to make this game, but I have to learn a lot about the game making before even really starting it. The easiest part is to think about the story. And as I only want to make it as a hobby for now, I won't have a lot of time for this... :coldsweat:
Oh it's definitely understandable. I was lucky enough to form a three person partnership with two incredibly skilled people... otherwise, it'd be a very long time before this game would even be possible. It's plausible to teach yourself how to code and animate through tutorial videos and some reading, but definitely time consuming and also not cheap. Daz assets are very expensive. With all of that said... if it's something you really want to do as a hobby, you should definitely give it a try. Some of the best developers in the entire genre are completely self-taught one-man machines capable of pumping out fully functional game releases in a single month

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Oh it's definitely understandable. I was lucky enough to form a three person partnership with two incredibly skilled people...
Well with more people you definitly have more work-power. On the other hand it has to work out between you and the others, especially when each part does a different thing in the project :)

otherwise, it'd be a very long time before this game would even be possible. It's plausible to teach yourself how to code and animate through tutorial videos and some reading, but definitely time consuming and also not cheap
Yeah I can't really see me beginning the game before mid next year x'D

Daz assets are very expensive
As long as I don't buy them in one go, it is managable :biggrin:

I am always someone who wants to dive right into it, without lerning the basics x'D And then I have to go back to start right from the start :coldsweat:

Reactions: TheDevian and SrRK

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
What you need before anything else now is a solid framework of methods and functions to execute those actions you describe. If the goal is really to give the user the freedom to make actual decisions on his/her own for both characters you need a set of variables and rule sets.
Especially BDSM needs some well done rule sets since we are leaving the usual comfort zone of most and it already is heavily rule intensive in real life too. Since the game chars have to agree to rules among them that's your actual starting point. Define what kind of attributes each char needs to make those rules work.

Simple example: Obedience and Dominance will probably become 2 major stats. If there is lack of one or the other the outcome or choices have to be limited accordingly. If there isnt enough dominance it doesnt matter that the other char is very obedient as there is a lack of mutual respect (or lack of fear if one wants to go there). That will lead to a limitation of choices or even extra choices - depending on what your goal is. Write some simple pseudocode like this: if dom minus obed less than zero limit choices to ...

Pseudocode becomes your friend when you are actually looking for help. Its not depending on any engine but will help potential coders to understand what you are trying to achieve and possibly attract one or the other to help you.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
What you need before anything else now is a solid framework of methods and functions to execute those actions you describe. If the goal is really to give the user the freedom to make actual decisions on his/her own for both characters you need a set of variables and rule sets.
Especially BDSM needs some well done rule sets since we are leaving the usual comfort zone of most and it already is heavily rule intensive in real life too. Since the game chars have to agree to rules among them that's your actual starting point. Define what kind of attributes each char needs to make those rules work.
Yeah my biggest problem is definitely that I don't have much experience in creating a VN. And for my experience level the goal of this game is really high. Having the ideas is nice and all, but that's the easiest part of all in my opinion.
And another difficult part of all is the starting point. With what to start? Trying to learn everyting first or trying to learn one thing an start with this? Playing a game and thinking, that you want and can make such a game is always a bit absurd.
Do you mean with a framework of methods and functions something like creating a mindmap for all the choices?

Well all those attributes and such are quite a difficult term and I am not sure if I understood everything correctly (because English isn't my main language). The problem with all those fetishes and interessts is that every player has different fondness for fetishes. If I would really want them too have their freedom in this, I would kind of need to define their list of fetishes with their hard limits and such. I mean that could be made by actually filling it by the submissiv part.

The question is, when the player playes both characters, how many and what attributes do I need. Or do I want to let the player decide on what happens, even if it would be too much for one of the characters. I have the feeling that too many free choices are an actuall problem for the flow of the game...

Simple example: Obedience and Dominance will probably become 2 major stats. If there is lack of one or the other the outcome or choices have to be limited accordingly. If there isnt enough dominance it doesnt matter that the other char is very obedient as there is a lack of mutual respect (or lack of fear if one wants to go there). That will lead to a limitation of choices or even extra choices - depending on what your goal is.
But how can I decide what limits the choices of the player? If the a stat like obedience or dominance isn't high enough how could I decide what choices and action to limit? Every person is different and would choose different. That way I would restrict their choices.

Write some simple pseudocode like this: if dom minus obed less than zero limit choices to ...

Pseudocode becomes your friend when you are actually looking for help. Its not depending on any engine but will help potential coders to understand what you are trying to achieve and possibly attract one or the other to help you.
I didn't know of pseudocode. That sounds like an awsome idea to me, thanks :)

Reactions: Krull

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
You have a counter (or multiple) running in the background. (you can even display them if you want)

Then certain actions/ choices add points to one or another counter (Or drops points)

And then you can do things like:
IF Domminance > 5 : Use wip
IF Domminance <= 5 : use paddle

By reading the score you can show or hide certain options.

Reactions: Krull and GhostPhil

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Yeah my biggest problem is definitely that I don't have much experience in creating a VN. And for my experience level the goal of this game is really high. Having the ideas is nice and all, but that's the easiest part of all in my opinion.
So true - if just more people would understand it like you do!

Well all those attributes and such are quite a difficult term and I am not sure if I understood everything correctly (because English isn't my main language). The problem with all those fetishes and interessts is that every player has different fondness for fetishes. If I would really want them too have their freedom in this, I would kind of need to define their list of fetishes with their hard limits and such. I mean that could be made by actually filling it by the submissiv part.
Nailed it.
Whatever engine is going to be chosen for this game - it will require simple definitions that can be translated into code.

Which is why i gave the pseudocode example further down. Pseudocode is basically just a simplification of all you wrote earlier and cooked down to the actual necessary facts (attributes or fetishes). As it is supposed to be coded one day you will need some definition of limits - yes. An engine cant decide for you. You have to define each and every fetish and the conditions necessary to obtain/fulfil them. From what you wrote you want the player to decide - but you still have to define the playing field and the rules that apply. So limitations are actually good and necessary. One cant use the hardest spanking tool wqhen they are just starting out with spanking, spanking probably comes earlier than other fettishes etc etc. Everything is bound to have some kind of condition to be fulfilled before one can make the choice. Or the choice itself gets limited in duration or how heavy the actual performance can be. All this needs some rough translation into simple attributes and simple conditions - best written into pseudocode which is not tied to any particular engine. But pseudocode is easily understandable for a coder - and its those you lack right now to help you. These definitions make up the 'framework' of your story because they will lead to actual code and functions to perform whatever has to be executed in real code later.

The question is, when the player playes both characters, how many and what attributes do I need. Or do I want to let the player decide on what happens, even if it would be too much for one of the characters. I have the feeling that too many free choices are an actuall problem for the flow of the game...
You have to set the rules. Let me use a sport example to make clear why: In football (or soccer for our american friends here) you have a playing field and a given set of rules. But the players decide how to shoot and play the ball - there is no outside control about that. Your game has to work the same way. You deliver the contents of the playing field (fetishes and the connected rules and limitations/conditions for each of them but the players can choose how and if they want to use any or all of the available stuff.

But how can I decide what limits the choices of the player? If the a stat like obedience or dominance isn't high enough how could I decide what choices and action to limit? Every person is different and would choose different. That way I would restrict their choices.
No you wouldnt. If you dont limit the choices or create rules you will end up in total chaos and thus your game becomes unplayable. Imagine a new player being able to basically torture the shit out of your new submissive right from the start - sounds wrong, correct? You could have it end in a game over of course - which would just lead to the player feeling miserable and cheated because you gave him the freedom to begin with. Users always ask for freedom but that is seldom 'total freedom'. Often they actually mean 'variety' and 'choices' when they talk about freedom. We as humans tend to require rule sets. We like to bend those rules or try to avoid them at times but we are naturally trying to find an order in something. Games without rules usually dont work and rules always mean limitation in some way.

I didn't know of pseudocode. That sounds like an awsome idea to me, thanks :)
It is and should be used more often. It is a great tool of communication between the hardcore geeks and writers or non-coders.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
You have a counter (or multiple) running in the background. (you can even display them if you want)

Then certain actions/ choices add points to one or another counter (Or drops points)

And then you can do things like:
IF Domminance > 5 : Use wip
IF Domminance <= 5 : use paddle

By reading the score you can show or hide certain options.
Yeah counter are a good idea, I kind of like the idea for a rating system for the sub as how much she likes a fetish from the list. But I am not sure if this is practicable...

What I would like is to show the counters in another, although it is definitely a lot more work. I would love to show for example - affection and obedience - by letting the sub act a lot more like it in front of the dom.
Or the dom is a lot more dominant while the sub is around (or at least while they are playing, excapt they are in a 24/7 relationship)

My problem is that I am quite the perfectionist in such things, so I want this to feel quite realistic...