• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Ren'Py Game like Behind the dunes

Durver

Oct 5, 2019
Hello. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what engine does Behind The Dunes use? I would like to create a game with a similar gameplay. But I don't know where to start. Will be glad to any advice.

Jofur

May 22, 2018
It uses Adobe Flash if I'm correct. Which I wouldn't exactly recommend using these days.
The easiest way would be to use Renpy since it can do most or all of the stuff the game does(I haven't played it in a while so I might be wrong). It does require learning a bit of coding however, then again that goes for any engine/editor you would use pretty much.

Reactions: niennunb

Durver

Oct 5, 2019
It uses Adobe Flash if I'm correct. Which I wouldn't exactly recommend using these days.
The easiest way would be to use Renpy since it can do most or all of the stuff the game does(I haven't played it in a while so I might be wrong). It does require learning a bit of coding however, then again that goes for any engine/editor you would use pretty much.
Thanks for the reply.
Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to get rid of the entire RenPy interface (like everywhere. In game, menu etc) ? It looks ugly af.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Thanks for the reply.
Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to get rid of the entire RenPy interface (like everywhere. In game, menu etc) ? It looks ugly af.
Yes. The menu is completely customizable. Dating my Daughter, Harem Hotel, General Practitioner are good ones to check out to see different levels of customization. It will require learning Ren'Py's screen language.

Last edited:

Durver

Oct 5, 2019
Yes. The menu is completely customizable. Dating my Daughter, Harem Hotel, General Practitioner are good ones to check out to see different levels of customization. It will require learning Ren'Py's screen language.
Cool. Thanks

How long should it take to make a demo version of a 2d game, if I can code a little in python and can draw?

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
best I can give you is a several months at least. It really depends on your ambitions and skill level.