Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
yeah, F95Checker, and Tracker and the death of GL is the reason Atlas is being made currently. More open-ended across the board with an open github repo. Got an metadata server that scrapes F95 for us and there is plans to make scraping 100% local aswell obviously. DLSite, Steam and emulator data is also planned to be scrapeable with time after the main client features are in. Just this week they got Banner image downloading working. UI quite custom and open across the board. And its FAST, really damn fast.

We have users that has requested Playnite integration and that might be something to explore down the line. Currently two devs working on Atlas and there is no F95 thread about it yet cause its not ready for the limelight just yet.
Discord and Github is where its at atm which is in my signature.

If you want to test the early builds then join the discord or if you want to keep up with it.
If you know C++ then please take a look at the repo and help out if you want. We also need to make qss style sheets for this and thumbnail presets for mirroring different looks of other clients. You can have the thumb grid look just like F95 or Checker if you want.

EDIT:

Well supporting more metadata sources wouldn't be too complex for Atlas, if you want anything specific to the workflow other than just searching, displaying, installing and playing the titles then that's a different story.

There has been quite a few VN Managers over the years, some real complex but also slow and bloated and many more not functional at all. Most of those also has never been updated in years and years either. Sad state of affairs, atleast Atlas will be pretty much content neutral in the end and anyone can make a metadata scraper for it to pull data from more sources.
Will Atlas be easy to use for the average person? I am not tech savvy in the slightest, I wish I was, but sadly I am not.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Will Atlas be easy to use for the average person? I am not tech savvy in the slightest, I wish I was, but sadly I am not.
will be yeah, easier than GL currently. there is test builds out atm but its not feature complete yet to have its own thread.
there is a shared metadata server just like GL had, currently not getting synced each day but will be once we drop a thread on it. You can currently install games and it will pull data from the f95 metadata from the server and download thumbnails... screenshot downloads is also on the way. Currently the two devs are working on zip extraction and matching with f95 data so you just hand it all your downloads, verify in a simple list and click go and it will unzip, sort and manage it all for you.
But please feel free to join the Discord as linked in my signature and ask and voice your wants and needs. Getting user feedback on what workflows people want early helps with getting it in right away.

Atlas is simple to use but will have powerful tools to help the power user, requiring less hand holding and less work to manage an large collection and all that.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Seems the scraper added the wrong timestamp to the last scraped thread by a whole month for whatever reason....
And it has not parsed anything in 4 days now!
The last thread that was scraped seems to be https://f95zone.to/threads/202259/

tid could you edit this entry on your side or i believe the scraper will be stuck for a whole month.

Last edited:
Reactions: kuraiken

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Seems the scraper added the wrong timestamp to the last scraped thread by a whole month for whatever reason....
And it has not parsed anything in 4 days now!
The last thread that was scraped seems to be https://f95zone.to/threads/202259/

tid could you edit this entry on your side or i believe the scraper will be stuck for a whole month.
Huh. So it wasn't just me?

I tried to fix this by forcing the update manually - this requires reloading the entire database (takes me 30 minutes) but at least shows me the latest updates again - which I use to find out what new games popped up and whether there's something interesting.

Doesn't fix it permanently, but I get to see the newest releases at the very bottom of a very, very, very, very,very long list.

xx2

Jun 19, 2017
Weird. Still broken on my end. Hasn't updated properly since the first of the month, even with forcing it.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Yeah, i must say. It worked on the day of the fix. Returned too it and there was no updates since then.
Yeah, not sure whats up here at all.
My last updated file was Shoretown Saga (2024-04-05 01:52:31)

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Yeah, i must say. It worked on the day of the fix. Returned too it and there was no updates since then.
Yeah, not sure whats up here at all.
My last updated file was Shoretown Saga (2024-04-05 01:52:31)
That's odd. I just did an update and it worked.
Have you tried forcing the database to update a few times? That usually ends up fixing it for me eventually. Just takes a lot of time for all the games to be updated.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes