Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Honestly don't know why that didn't occur to me o_O Kinda just assumed download would be included xD Well, guess that's taken care of then, thx for the quick "fix"
Well, given that often there are multiple download links and not every game uses every kind of download offer, that would mean you didn't get to decide which download to use and may end up stuck with a slow one.

Also, I imagine f95 wouldn't be happy if tid let you bypass their site entirely.
Given that F95 includes content patches, walkthroughs & other conveniences, I think it's actually somewhat of an advantage to go through the F95 site first.

wboiko

Jul 29, 2017
I'm having a weird problem when trying to update an already installed game, perhaps someone can point out to me what I'm doing wrong here.

Basically I just point the tool to the new version of a game using the "Install a game" button on the old version. I don't use version numbers in my path, so I'd expect the new files to be copied into the game folder, overwriting what is already there.
But what actually happens is that the whole game folder is deleted (presumably after copying the new version over?), leaving me with no game.

So is this just me being an idiot and missing something, or is something else going on?

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
Depends which option you take after clicking on 'install a game'. I personally find it faster to extract the zip file somewhere and then use the 'directory/archive' button to point at the extracted .exe file. I used to use 'single file' but unzipping took way too long for me

wboiko

Jul 29, 2017
I should probably have mentioned it, but yeah I use the "directory/archive" button after extracting the archive, since the documentation on the website mentioned that being the preferred way.

The only other thing I've found is that it doesn't make a difference whether the target folder actually exists. As long as GameList thinks the game is already installed, updating will just delete the whole thing.

After thinking more about it, the only reasonable explanation I came up with would be a bug in the update logic, where the tool goes "Move new version to folder" -> "Copy saves from old version" -> "Delete old version", without realising that the new version uses the same destination folder as the old one.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Yeah. That sure sounds like a bug and an oversight. Some security on this feature is prob needed.
I'll make a github issue out of it.

EDIT: wboiko if you want to comment on the issue in anyway to expand on it. or trouble shoot it more then you can do so here. makes it easier for the dev to know whats up.

Last edited:

F14bb3

Sep 7, 2016
First I just want to say that you've done a really good job with this game manager. It has really helped me organize my games!

Now to my question is there anyway to order your games by amount of times played? And if no, is it something that would be fairly easy to implement? And building upon that if one could also order games by global amount of times played (more or less order by how popular games are with others), that would be amazing!

Sorry if this had been brought up already but I didnt find anything with the search function.

Anyway keep up the good work!

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
First I just want to say that you've done a really good job with this game manager. It has really helped me organize my games!

Now to my question is there anyway to order your games by amount of times played? And if no, is it something that would be fairly easy to implement? And building upon that if one could also order games by global amount of times played (more or less order by how popular games are with others), that would be amazing!

Sorry if this had been brought up already but I didnt find anything with the search function.

Anyway keep up the good work!

There is no sort option for amount of times played YET.
But the client DOES track it! So it would prob be easier for the dev to add that over other things.

As for global amount of times played, do you mean times played from ever Game-List user? Not sure if he records stats like that.
Not to mention people havent really signed up for the community service or shared telematary either.

EDIT: made an issue about it here:

Reactions: F14bb3

F14bb3

Sep 7, 2016
There is no sort option for amount of times played YET.
But the client DOES track it! So it would prob be easier for the dev to add that over other things.

As for global amount of times played, do you mean times played from ever Game-List user? Not sure if he records stats like that.
Not to mention people havent really signed up for the community service or shared telematary either.

EDIT: made an issue about it here:
Yeah, that was I thought but wasn't sure. Thank you!

I was thinking something like the infromation under the tab "Stats". Since those stats didnt match what I played, I just assumed that those were global stats. Though looking back now, I'm not so sure anymore.

But my reasoning was since that information, under "stats", already existed it would be the easiest way to do it. With that said I don't really mind however it is done as long as there is some way to order it by popularity. EDIT: For example it could be "sort by views (on F95zone)"

Hopefully that clears it up, I have a gift for writing things in a way that is hard to read :p

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Did some large scale changes to the Discord server atm. New joiners will gain a role that throws them into a limited channel category away from everyone else with limited rights.

New Game-List Joiners can type in !game-list to enable talk in the gamelist channel, the brilliantly named !un-game-list will undo it.

tid please mention the !game-list command on the OP as i will NOT mention it in the server. The bot should automatically clean up the command message and will not give a reply to keep it quiet.

Users that want to gain full access just need to talk to a mod about it.

Reasoning foor this is mostly trolls. Real shit trolls and we are locking down on it.
They have been joining with multiple accounts at once and even posted CP.

Hopefully this bot command will not be miss-used. Please don't mention it anywhere on the server.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Hello guys,

I'm working on the next update (mostly bug fixes) you can see what is planned on Github, I hope to be able to release it in one day or two.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Looks like a decently sized update. Fixes are important too after all.

Its all good, take the time you need in these trying times.

asdfg_dk

May 17, 2018
Is it possible to at a section to the stats page that shows the last 5 games that have been startet from the client, sometimes i forget what game i played last

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Is it possible to at a section to the stats page that shows the last 5 games that have been startet from the client, sometimes i forget what game i played last
If you choose "last time played desc" as sort order you will get that.

Reactions: asdfg_dk

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
Do you perchance have it open on your browser while trying to move it? I notice it's an HTML file, that's the only thing I can think of

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
It failed to copy the file. Says it might be user rights. please make sure your user or all users have full access to the folders in question.

html files has no issues at all currently only .url or shortcut files have issues with installing so this is not that.

If it is an .url shortcut file for an online version then please dont use those at the moment.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
From what I see the source and destination folders are the same, if you try to add a game that is already in the right folder you have to wait for next update that will have this option.

Reactions: Survivor1000

anonym00

Aug 7, 2018
Is/will there be any option to scan existing directories to attempt to match titles that you've already downloaded with existing ones in the database?

As someone who has a backlog of multiple hundreds of games, adding them individually after I've already sorted them by engine/primary tag (that I downloaded it for) seems like a lot of work (that could potentially?) be avoided from the user.

If I had JUST started my collection, then I would have no qualms with using this tool, it seems great, and adding a game or two as you pick them up seems like a minor hassle considering I already sort them to some degree, but inputting file directories and linking hundreds of threads is a bit of a downer.

Sorry if this has already been asked/posted/solved/suggested/implemented, etc.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
This was a feature in earlier versions but it was too inaccurate so it was removed for now.
The whole install system have been reworked since then pretty much.

I have given quite a few notes on how to do this more correctly in the future. Just up to the dev to wanting to push for it.

Think the ease of installing and ingesting updates and titles is the biggest issue atm.

Please check the github for some of the issues i mighth have written about it if you are interested. Always good with more input on design thoughts on how things should work.

Installing a title shouldnt take more than like hmm 10-15sec per title if there is no slowdown on the searching of titles and so on.

Installed like 1600 titles at once myself so know the struggle.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes