VN - Ren'Py - Game of Hearts [Ch.4 P2 R1] [SparkHG]

1. 5.00 star(s)

AntoniH13

It has a simple premise but Without a doubt, the Dev knows how to execute it excellently, the characters are pleasant, the MC is not the typical one who wants to have all the women for himself (He even feels guilty for getting into Meredith's relationship), the scenes are written in a way that you can feel the intimacy of the characters, it's not just a sex scene and that's it.

10/10
  2. 5.00 star(s)

JesterAI

Great game, hooked me so well I kind of can't believe it. Usually I skip most of the way too indulgent and unnecessary dialog.

All the dialog here actually matters, and whenever I'd skip something, I'd scroll back, only to end up reading a slide at a time.

This creator did something more creators NEED to copy, and it is summarized by this line: "A bunch of explanation and shit later..."

THANK YOU. I know the stories devs are creating are personal to them, but being concise is a skill. Too many words ruin the experience.

Anyway, kickass game, will support. The theme somehow hooked me and felt hot despite being a cliche-sounding plot. This means the quality of the execution elevates a standard trope to something meaningful with tension. The game uses the tropes successfully.

Bravo, dev
  3. 5.00 star(s)

cikilotam

I love MILFs, but why does an ugly woman like Meredith take up half of the game's content? I understand the appeal of the game, the dialogues, scene compositions and renders are better than most games I have played.

I'm definitely not saying that I would have done it better, but the first woman I would corrupt would be a woman who fits the more general AVN MILF stereotypes. Rosalind from Pale carnations comes to mind. Then I would add Meredith as the second or third woman because she obviously has fans. But in any case, I really liked the concept of the game. My only problem is that it takes time to make a game of this quality and all this time will be spent on an unattractive LI.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

someoldguy

I saw this game recommended on another thread and decided to give it a try. I was hooked almost immediately.

So far the interactions are very vanilla but the production values are excellent and the style is unique. I wish there were more games adopting this approach.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Demzy

This game is beautifully rendered. The models are also well designed.
    For once, a game about the whole heaven and hell holly war thing (of which there are a staggering amount) is actually well written and well paced. Holly shit, (pun intended) dev did a good job avoiding exposition dumps and getting me to care about these characters. This is an A+ game with the potential to soon become an S+ game.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Nao-kun

Been a while since I have played something vanilla. The plot, the render, and the models are amazing by far. I can see that it had some inspirations from Doujins/Hentais cause no way women can cum that fast.:LUL:
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Cloud_Runner

Wow, this is just... WOW. A single sexual intercourse is made way better than some of the AVNs on this site. Get this: i've got 67 of them just in my active list (calculated by F95Checker tool), i've tried a whole lot more but dropped for various reasons. Usually i'm looking for a good story, and not really looking for a wank material, but this one is on another level.

The first scene with Meredith? Spectacular, from every standpoint. Her inner conflict, her gradually rising arousal and attraction towards MC, giving in to her desire and finally feeling a genuine pleasure. Trying to make her feel all this is like a puzzle, made quite simply through a point system and dia choices but made believable, which is more important than overall complexity.

I have no idea what to think about the story yet, but the pieces i've seen and have put together - awesome out of 5. Even the very first renders with Maxime are great, renders themselves are top tier, facial expressions are great, animations are quite good too, definitely above average (and i'm being picky about them). I'm going to say this again - it's believable, the dia lines dev wrote for her and for MC, very well done. I believe when Max says she is in love with MC, it's literally written on her face. And MC himself is cool, not being fucking creepy, not having stupid thoughts or constantly thinking how he wants to fuck every hole.

I can see this AVN being a perfect corruption game, and for just that it deserves attention. If the story will be great as well it would be top 10 of the greatest AVNs for me, but that remains to be seen. I hope this one will not end up abandoned, as it often happens with many great titles on this site. Regards to the dev, and good luck with your game.

Edit: i've reached the end of the current version (Ch.4 R1), if i could rate more than 5 stars, i would. This is a goddamn diamond, and the amount of content is great, even better considering the quality. Two MILFs, young Julia, another (potential?) young LI at the end, nice. Max if so far my favorite in the MILF category, Julia is great too. Altho it's a little annoying that she avoids all the questions about MC's past, but the contract with Astafiel forbids her from telling anything, i guess? That's what she said. Plausible explanation is welcome, so i won't complain about that. Overall, the plot looks solid, i'm in a neutral territory about the supernatural stuff, looks interesting from my neutral POV. Hopefully the next update will shed some light on MC's past, and Ruby showing up might be just that (hopefully).

This AVN is a champion in erotic content, if you want to, ahem, choke a snake - try it out. I've been sitting and reading text with a boner most of the time. ALL the sex scenes are the greatest sight i've ever seen in any AVN. I'm not even exaggerating, i truly think they're magnificent. The build-up, the sexual tension, the writing, every single piece is refined and put together, creating a unique experience. I could have written a shitton of laudatory praises, but i'm out of words, i'm afraid, and being not a native English speaker doesn't help either. Just try this one, it's worth it.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Arachnox

Probably the most erotic VN I've ever played. Just oozes sexuality in every scene! Well done! It also has the almost infinite potential of being extended into a long series, with each episode focusing on a new follower.

Truly a masterpiece!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

chaosbox24

Definitely one of the top games on this site. The renders of the girls are excellent and the aesthetic and scenery are great. The story is about what you'd expect from one of these types of games but the writing is decent. You have branching paths in how you want to approach the girls, but the biggest downside of this game is the weird powers system. I really have no idea why it is here and its very awkward, but if you use a walkthrough guide (which you should) you can avoid this awkward system. I don't think it's big enough to deduct a point for, but it is definitely, in my opinion, a big negative of the game. Otherwise, if you want a well written mystery story with a few girls that you focus on and have choices in how you choose to treat them, this is a great game.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Bro In The Game

Having played the new update it is safe to say that this is a perfect Christmas present for all players who love Maxime.
    Too bad we won't be focusing on her in part two because she's like a prize. Man, I just love her. On the other hand I'm excited to see where Meredith goes. I love "fixing" their relationship and then watching her fall hopelessly in love with MC(us) vacillating between guilt and emotion. Oh my God ! I am so evil so unforgivable ! :devilish:
  11. 5.00 star(s)

onefingersalute

this is a VN that is VERY and i mean VERY erotic the story is very very captivating as well the renders are some of the best i have ever seen before and each chapter is as fulfilling as the last and keeps me coming back wanting more . i would definitely recommend playing this i mean it is free after all so what have you got to lose
  12. 4.00 star(s)

thebowkid

After trying out the latest chapter, gotta say, I'm a bit bummed about where the story's headed. The game's got this cool and unique concept, but there are a couple of things that left me feeling kinda meh.

So, here's the deal - Meredith seems to be the only true main girl, but Maxime's right there in the middle of the banner. No offense to those who like Meredith, but next to Maxime, she's kinda plain-looking. Was hoping for the game to open up and let us pick who to focus on later on, but it looks like the game's dead set on exploring Meredith's corruption. That's cool for anyone who finds her appealing, but it's made me less excited about becoming a direct supporter of the game.

On the flip side, gotta give props where they're due. The game's got this killer original setting and the visuals are on point. Although some of the animations felt a bit robotic or unnatural, not a deal-breaker though, the overall look is still pretty appealing.

Now, the dialogue could use a bit of improvement. Dig the idea of diving into the thoughts of the love interest (LI), but it feels like a missed opportunity. The LI's dialogue comes off as just a way for us to read the characters' mundane thoughts. If they want to make this game stand out, they should dig deeper into the LI's inner world. Right now, it feels like they're just an excuse for us to read thoughts, something other games have done without needing powers. But hey, maybe Meredith's dialogues and events do this better - I've only skimmed through her content.

In a nutshell, the game's got a cool vibe, but it's not perfect. The visuals and original setting bring a lot to the table, but there's some room for improvement in character focus, animations, and dialogue. Meredith won't ever grow on me, unless her face changes, but I'm still curious about the general concept, so I'll be keeping an eye out for any future chapters.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Zorg771

Ch.3 R1

So far, this VN is quite solid. I like that there’s a semi-gameplay mechanic that helps make choices feel more important. The visuals are great, there’s a big emphasis on eroticism that I don’t see a lot of in other adult games.

The main thing holding this game back from a higher rating is the writing. It’s nothing terrible, mind you, but the continuous internal monologues from every character you interact with get annoying fast. I understand that the MC is supposed to be able to read minds, but that doesn’t mean we need to address that in every other dialogue box. Overall, less telling and more showing would do wonders for this game. I also think that the game could do more to build up the personalities of the characters. We don’t really get much time to get to know the current LI other than that she‘s timid, loves her husband, and needs money; it kind of just jumps straight into sex. Even after the fact when there is downtime to talk to her, I never got interested or attached to her character. I feel like there were better ways to approach this. Additionally, there are quite a few grammatical errors/inconsistencies, nothing awful or immersion-breaking but it would probably help to get someone to proofread everything. There’s also just not a ton of content to work with quite yet.

Overall, there are some things that I really like in terms of the direction this game is going, but it’s going to need a lot better writing and pacing to really stand out.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

DirectXD1943

Undoubtedly one of the best AVNs on this site, period. There are quite literally zero total negatives that come to mind. It's visually fantastic, the writing is great, the dialogue is very well done, you're encouraged to actively engage in the story, I mean I have high standards for my AVNs, and this is one of the very few I can confidently rate 5 stars.

If you liked Chains of Pleasure, this is essentially an improved version of that AVN. Seriously, I would put this in the top 10 on the site EASILY, once it's completed I would not be surprised if it gets into top 5.

One of the two POSSIBLE negatives I can see is if some people dislike the slower moments and having to make so many choices, but it's really one of the few on the site that actually manages to effectively show us a realistic passage of time, and it's really only a negative if you're too used to the fucked up time scales in other AVNs. The other would be the fact that there are several instances where it feels like you're getting info dumped. I don't particularly enjoy them since they happen pretty consistently, but they feel more like they're to provide a proper sense of direction for the MC. I would also hope once the first or second act is through that the MC would have enough understanding to be able to act more independently, since at the moment there are technically only like 3-4 days, so him being spoon fed information makes some sense.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Rundmck

This one's an instant winner for me. Interesting world, character motivations make sense(so far), and hot babes you can corrupt. Lots of replay value to get the kind of progression you want. Even with your powers as a incubus, the women don't give it all up in a jiffy. You have to bide your time and make the right in game decisions during the cleverly designed minigame.
    A special shout out to the music which is chosen well and pleasant to listen to.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Xan_Vados

Dev, what have you created? This is amazing. Hidden gem? For sure. Why? Because I had to tinker with filters to find this, but man! Chef's kiss! I will not even give it constructive criticism. Why? Because the dev knows fully well what he is doing. I just want more. More of what the dev can show us, what he can make us experience. Yes, experience is the word I would use to describe this adult visual novel. This is the prime example of what an "adult" visual novel should be. While I always prioritize story over any lewd scenes and renders, this game has shown me how to implement adult content in a visual novel and even make a crowd like us feel awestruck! Yeah, this really is the game of hearts!

What can I say more: the renders, the ladies, the plot (somewhat to be seen how it develops to fully comment on it though), the realistic interactions, the character dynamics, the length of the game, the choices and their consequences. While playing the game, it really feels like this game is trying to make us orgasm. The pacing is so top-notch. I am eagerly waiting for the future update, dev. Best of luck!
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Tokenugget

Giving it a 4 out of 5 simply out of respect for the devs talent. Amazing renders, interesting story, average animations, decent writing etc.

But honestly, if i were to rate it based on my enjoyment? It would be a 2 out of 5. It's not my cup of tea.

I'll explain - The game has these event like mini-games when you begin a intimate moment leading to a sex scene. During these "events" you select dialogue options that maximize the points you accumulate and after the event you get a final score that awards Energy Points that you can allocate into attributes that enhance your performance for these events. I'm not opposed to the concept and find it kinda cool.

HOWEVER... My issue is with how long these events are leading to how boring the dialogue is. The writing is good, though... I just don't care to read endless blocks of text describing the MC and LI's thoughts during the scene coupled with rather meaningless dialogue between them. It's a bit of an exaggeration but i felt like the events took an hour to get through. After the first event i started just speed reading through it all trying to get to the end of it, causing me to lose my immersion or care.

Once you get out of the events and return to story, environment and character building, i enjoyed it greatly. 5 out of 5. Sadly, probably more than 50% of the content are these "events".

Still worth playing and worst case scenario i just continue to speed read through the events. And i do look forward to seeing where the story goes...
  18. 5.00 star(s)

LordGonti

This one is brilliant. Go try it now.

To explain why, I've got to compare it to another game I've played this week and struggled to review.
    • They both rank amongst the best visuals I've seen.
    • The other game has a relatively unique and engaging set-up and a cool MC.
    • This one is a demon with a magic dick story that's fun but unoriginal.
    • We only get 3 potential LI's here so far where has the other has loads
    But the other game somehow felt a bit soulless and Game of Hearts showed me why.

The first game was a story that rushed the intimacy. "Hi, you're hot, lets bang, bye". Back to the story.

Game of Hearts flips this on it's head. It's all intimacy - physical, emotional, spoken and non-spoken with a healthy dose of corruption thrown in. It's the detail involved in the interactions that sets this apart.

The story is secondary but provides context, a bit of drama and a change of pace from what can be a very intense scenes . It all works perfectly and perhaps provides a template for developers who want to add a bit more heart to their games.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

-Maniackanime-

This game is very high quality, like damn, from the characters down to the bodily fluids, this in terms of art clicks with me just right

Story wise though, its a bit vague but has enough to make you want to find out, in other terms very mysterious, also the grammar is the best as it can be, poetic even

Now the characters though, now that's what sold me, very engaging, romantic and you know straight up makes you hard
    Lastly the system, as a text based combat enjoyer, stats and skills are what engages me the most, its done right, although i had to put a mod to make more of that nature

This ones a slow burn type of story but one of the higher quality!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

ThaneShayk

WOW... just Wow... I was hooked from the get go.

I've found myself becoming more and more one who just skips thru dialogue, trying to find the good scenes and get to the end of the VN lately. So I was taken completely by surprise on how much I got attached to these well written characters, and how engrossed I got in the story and every line of dialogue herein.

I've played a lot of AVN's this last year or so, and this one not only stand out with it's beautifully rendered characters, but also raises the bar when it comes to writing.

Even being new, this is Definitely a top 5 game, and in my humble opinion could be a Game of the Year once it's completed if the creator keeps the same quality through out the games development.