Game Questionnair: I Need Your Opinion to Create a Good Game

Gin26

Mar 3, 2020
Hi Guys, I introduce myself, I'm Gin26 a Koikatsu Content Creator on Pixiv, it's been a while since I've been thinking about making a Game that I would like to publish on F95Zone. I already have some ideas, and I know more or less how to go about them, in addition, I study Game Design, so I think I would be able to create a decent game (at least I hope so). But firstly, I need some data, that's exactly why I created this questionnaire about games on F95Zone (or in general about eroge games). It's a few questions, nothing very complicated, it takes a few minutes. The more people fill it out, the more data I get, which will help me create a good game, and I would be very happy if you would help me with this by filling it out.
Thank you for your collaboration and support.

Questionnaire Link:
If you are interested, this is my Pixiv profile:

If you have questions or something is unclear, feel free to ask me whatever you want.

Last edited:

Gin26

Mar 3, 2020
....man is Google Forms is not a random site, the only thing required is to have a Gmail

Oct 9, 2020
Hi Guys, I introduce myself, I'm Gin26 a Koikatsu Creator on Pixiv, it's been a while since I've been thinking about making a Game that I would like to publish on F95Zone. I already have some ideas, and I know more or less how to go about them, in addition, I study Game Design, so I think I would be able to create a decent game (at least I hope so). But firstly, I need some data, that's exactly why I created this questionnaire about games on F95Zone (or in general about eroge games). It's a few questions, nothing very complicated, it takes a few minutes. The more people fill it out, the more data I get, which will help me create a good game, and I would be very happy if you would help me with this by filling it out.
Thank you for your collaboration and support.

Questionnaire Link:
If you are interested, this is my Pixiv profile:

If you have questions or something is unclear, feel free to ask me whatever you want.
I made sure that my vote allows you to have futanari elements, beautiful dominations and a system that is right for everyone, if it could be too strange and not right, I understand it perfectly

Gin26

Mar 3, 2020
I made sure that my vote allows you to have futanari elements, beautiful dominations and a system that is right for everyone, if it could be too strange and not right, I understand it perfectly
The questionnaire sere precisely because we all have different tastes, my goal is to create a game that has as much fetish as possible, so that anyone (or almost anyone) is satisfied. But to do this I need data.

• Red Heart
Reactions: monsterdragon55

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
The questionnaire sere precisely because we all have different tastes, my goal is to create a game that has as much fetish as possible, so that anyone (or almost anyone) is satisfied. But to do this I need data.
More fetishes doesnt necessarily = more fans. You'll find that a lot, if not most, successful games focus on a few things and do those things great, rather then throw everything at the wall. Also you've been on this site since 2020, you really shouldn't need a poll to know whats popular. If you are making a game solely for profit you should be looking at the market data rather then surveys for some F95ers

Gin26

Mar 3, 2020
More fetishes doesnt necessarily = more fans. You'll find that a lot, if not most, successful games focus on a few things and do those things great, rather then throw everything at the wall. Also you've been on this site since 2020, you really shouldn't need a poll to know whats popular. If you are making a game solely for profit you should be looking at the market data rather then surveys for some F95ers
Thanks for the advice but from my experience I can say don't take anything for granted, yes I can imagine what is popular, but you need to have data to confirm it

Gin26

Mar 3, 2020
Btw it is not necessarily that I will make a game exclusively based on the results of the questionnaire, I already have ideas in mind and based on the results I might confirm or modify them

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Thanks for the advice but from my experience I can say don't take anything for granted, yes I can imagine what is popular, but you need to have data to confirm it
Yes, and what im saying is that a very small sample size from a survey is a much worse set of data then actually just doing some basic market research on your own.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Stop treating it like a business, else you are doomed to fail.
Want to make a game? Make whatever you enjoy making, else a few months from now you'll be burned out and your game will be added in the pile of abandoned games (if it even gets released at all).

You have the advantage of having studied game design, but you should still take it easy at the beginning.

Sep 20, 2020
Shouldn't you make the game that you like? Suppose maledom wins but you hate it - what will you do? You won't be able to write the thing that you like plus you will not be able to write a good maledom scene.I think you should atleast choose some basic things - make up your mind on a few specific tags/fetishes, decide what you personally like - 2dcg or 3dcg. You can then take a poll on things like character design(you can ask the community how the character looks - recently there was a poll by a game dev asking about how the community felt about the size of the futa dick he drew), or some other things like that - things that aren't the fundamentals/basics of the game, but just small/changeable (but still important) things

Sep 20, 2020
Btw it is not necessarily that I will make a game exclusively based on the results of the questionnaire, I already have ideas in mind and based on the results I might confirm or modify them
That's great then. When I wrote my comment I didn't see your answer - my bad

Gin26

Mar 3, 2020
Yes, and what im saying is that a very small sample size from a survey is a much worse set of data then actually just doing some basic market research on your own.
Well I made the post a couple of hours ago it's normal that I have few results at the moment, of course I'm also doing other research I'm not going to rely only on this survey. Bwt data is data, the more the better, getting data is never time wasted

Gin26

Mar 3, 2020
Stop treating it like a business, else you are doomed to fail.
Want to make a game? Make whatever you enjoy making, else a few months from now you'll be burned out and your game will be added in the pile of abandoned games (if it even gets released at all).

You have the advantage of having studied game design, but you should still take it easy at the beginning.
I really understand what you are saying, but unfortunately, making games is a business. From what I have learned as a designer is that people make games to make money. In this case, I would like to start the project as a hobby but applying what I've learned (I'm still a student), but I don't hide the fact that if I ever develop a game, and it is successful I would probably open a Patreon page

• Red Heart
Reactions: cantpickaname

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I really understand what you are saying, but unfortunately, making games is a business. From what I have learned as a designer is that people make games to make money. In this case, I would like to start the project as a hobby but applying what I've learned (I'm still a student), but I don't hide the fact that if I ever develop a game, and it is successful I would probably open a Patreon page
No you don't get what he's sayin', he's talking about the mindset.
That is to say: Think about making the game as great as it can be first and foremost, instead of how you can squeeze as much cash as possible from it.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
My best advice is if you have a wide range of fetishes make most of them avoidable if the player chooses. I have seen games loose fans because more was added but they was forced. It is not easy to have a wide range to appeal to a lot of people with out annoying others.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
No you don't get what he's sayin', he's talking about the mindset.
That is to say: Think about making the game as great as it can be first and foremost, instead of how you can squeeze as much cash as possible from it.
Not just that, but the issue is, let's say "NTR and Futa" (making these up) are the two genres that make the most money but Gin26 hates them, should he still make a game about those for the sake of getting money, his project is doomed to fail.
You can work a job you hate because it is sure you will get a monthly check, and because after it is over, you have the rest of the day to unwind, but when it comes to game development as a hobby... You will often spend the whole day and night making stuff, and at first you will have exactly 0 dollars. In the worst case scenario, you might have a few dollars for months.
People starting to make games (be it sfw or nsfw) because they hear about some successful examples, and hoping to do the same are delusional.

As a rule of thumb, if you are not ready to start and complete your project even in the worst case scenario, game development as a hobby is not for you.