Game Questionnair: I Need Your Opinion to Create a Good Game

Gin26

Mar 3, 2020
Not just that, but the issue is, let's say "NTR and Futa" (making these up) are the two genres that make the most money but Gin26 hates them, should he still make a game about those for the sake of getting money, his project is doomed to fail.
You can work a job you hate because it is sure you will get a monthly check, and because after it is over, you have the rest of the day to unwind, but when it comes to game development as a hobby... You will often spend the whole day and night making stuff, and at first you will have exactly 0 dollars. In the worst case scenario, you might have a few dollars for months.
People starting to make games (be it sfw or nsfw) because they hear about some successful examples, and hoping to do the same are delusional.

As a rule of thumb, if you are not ready to start and complete your project even in the worst case scenario, game development as a hobby is not for you.
These are things I've obviously already considered, I'm still a student, but I also have some experience in developing games. Btw my English kind of sucks, so maybe I didn't explain myself well, I never mo said I would make a game based on your results. The questionnaire is just for me to collect data, that's all.

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I never mo said I would make a game based on your results. The questionnaire is just for me to collect data, that's all.
Oh ok, fair enough then. I just misunderstood, sorry about that!

cantpickaname

Jan 27, 2020
The questionnaire sere precisely because we all have different tastes, my goal is to create a game that has as much fetish as possible, so that anyone (or almost anyone) is satisfied. But to do this I need data.
A lot of games add one or two scenes in so they can include the tag for a specific fetish. However, when I go looking for a game I want a game focused on the specific tags.

In my opinion, it cheapens the quality. Though from a marketing and broad appeal of the product I get why it is so tempting to do so. A fine line to walk.

Edit: I did the form. Best of luck and I hope to see your projects out soon.

Last edited:

travis-t

Oct 18, 2018
Don't wanna sign into Google, so can't take the questionnaire, but did want to add some context for you based on some of the questions I saw.

In regards to what makes a good enjoyable experience, the plot and the setting don't typically tend to matter when I'm a checking a game out on here. What makes me play it or not play it is good character design, some hot screenshots, and tags that I like. That's what sells me on trying a game out or not.

Whether I keep playing or stay a fan of the creator after I've tried the game out, is how good the story is, and how good the scenes are, but they're not going to draw you to a game. Think of them as retention factors, if that matters to you.

With genre, I've played good and bad games of each genre, I would advise you to pick one that you feel most excited about making, because passion goes a long way towards making a good game, and I don't think anyone is going to be like "Wow, these characters are hot, and this game has all my favorite tags! Oh, but it's a Fantasy genre setting game.... ew, I only play Sci-fi setting games!"

Reactions: fitgirlbestgirl

nulnil

May 18, 2021
I have scrolled through a bit over half of the survey and cannot find an answer for me that matches the questions. What if I like gameplay over story?

It feels like you're heading in a direction that overlooks gameplay, and if that is the case, you can count on me not playing.

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
Hi Guys, I introduce myself, I'm Gin26 a Koikatsu Creator on Pixiv.
I always thought that Koikatsu was created by the Illusion Video Game Company in Japan? Do you mean to tell me it was you who created the game and not them?
20.gif

Gin26

Mar 3, 2020
And I think that's all.
Thank you for your long message and suggestions.
The details and accessibility you talk about here are design concepts (with a different name, of course) that I was already planning to add to the game.
I already know that creating games is complicated and tiring, but this is not my first time doing it (actually, right now I am already working on another game for the academy I attend). Working on something I don't completely like isn't a big deal for me, but of course, it might be for my future teammates (I have a game designer mentality, ready to work on any project to the highest quality possible, even if I don't like the project). My goal is to create a game that people can enjoy, and of course me as well.

Gin26

Mar 3, 2020
It feels like you're heading in a direction that overlooks gameplay, and if that is the case, you can count on me not playing.
I am not going to leave gameplay in the background, if you notice there is the question what kind of gameplay do you prefer. This question is for me to figure out what kind of gameplay to develop. Actually among the options I forgot to add gameplay among the things that would make people like the game. So mb

Gin26

Mar 3, 2020
I always thought that Koikatsu was created by the Illusion Video Game Company in Japan? Do you mean to tell me it was you who created the game and not them?
I meant to say a content creator of Koikatsu. Effectively it can be misinterpreted mb

Gin26

Mar 3, 2020
The questionnaire has been blocked by Google (I don't know if google itself blocked it and someone reported it), so at the moment it cannot be filled out, I will notify if it comes back online.

Even if it should get blocked I have already collected enough responses (225), I would have liked to collect some more, but the worst case is fine too.

Edit: Despite Google telling me that the questionnaire cannot be shared apparently it can still be filled out, this confuses me a bit but as long as it can be filled out it's fine

Last edited:

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
The questionnaire has been blocked by Google (I don't know if google itself blocked it and someone reported it), so at the moment it cannot be filled out, I will notify if it comes back online.
Funny to think someone got mad their kinks were losing in a silly poll to the point of reporting it.

You probably should post the current/final results here for people interested in data as well.

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
The problem with polls like this (besides the tiny sample size) is when they force you to state a preference even if you don't have one. I play both male and female protagonist games. I really don't give a shit whether you have a fantasy or modern setting. But now my opinion is counted as strongly preferring something when I really don't.

Dec 1, 2022
The problem with polls like this (besides the tiny sample size) is when they force you to state a preference even if you don't have one. I play both male and female protagonist games. I really don't give a shit whether you have a fantasy or modern setting. But now my opinion is counted as strongly preferring something when I really don't.
I have to agree with you!

nulnil

May 18, 2021
I am not going to leave gameplay in the background, if you notice there is the question what kind of gameplay do you prefer. This question is for me to figure out what kind of gameplay to develop. Actually among the options I forgot to add gameplay among the things that would make people like the game. So mb
The options listed as Gameplay Types are extremely vague. "Combat System" is probably the worst here, because there are hundreds (maybe even a few thousand) of basic archetypes for combat systems. Even if we limit these to just being turn-based, that still leaves 50 or so possible system types.

So what I want to know is how you would design an interesting combat system, or even just a general gameplay system. If most of a game's problems are solved with combat, it better be well refined.

Gin26

Mar 3, 2020
I could have put the "indiferent" option, but that doesn't give me any information. I know a lot of people don't give a shit about things like setting etc., But if I want to know what people like "indifferent" is not an option and it doesn't help the design process.

I made the Survey as simple and short as possible because otherwise a lot of people wouldn't have filled it out