Game story path and design

Zenathos815

Jul 26, 2017
Hey guys

I'm nearly done with my first iteration for my game. background art is the hardest part followed by the hours of character art i will have to figure out.

My question for today is about story design and branching paths in corruption style games

I have been debating on the idea of including 2 paths for each character that the player can pursue. While this is cute and all my game features 7 characters that already have their own traits and playstyles the player can interact with which could essentially mean 14 storylines and potentially doubling the art that is already tedously heavy.

So I dare to ask how important is the freedom to choose and a story line to you guys in your nasty smut games? I find myself extremely interested and invested until the point I start holding the ctrl key

Discuss

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Hey guys

I'm nearly done with my first iteration for my game. background art is the hardest part followed by the hours of character art i will have to figure out.

My question for today is about story design and branching paths in corruption style games

I have been debating on the idea of including 2 paths for each character that the player can pursue. While this is cute and all my game features 7 characters that already have their own traits and playstyles the player can interact with which could essentially mean 14 storylines and potentially doubling the art that is already tedously heavy.

So I dare to ask how important is the freedom to choose and a story line to you guys in your nasty smut games? I find myself extremely interested and invested until the point I start holding the ctrl key

Discuss
While choices are nice, a well written story and better quality images are nicer.

Stick to single paths, especially if this is your first game. Many, many developers have burnt out and abandoned games that were too ambitious for their capabilities/motivation. If you finish your game, you could always go back and edit in additional paths. My $.02.

Zenathos815

Jul 26, 2017
While choices are nice, a well written story and better quality images are nicer.

Stick to single paths, especially if this is your first game. Many, many developers have burnt out and abandoned games that were too ambitious for their capabilities/motivation. If you finish your game, you could always go back and edit in additional paths. My $.02.
Much appreciated, I think I would prefer it that way at least for the time being. so far the coding side is going well. Backgrounds might be what drives me into the ground. People are natural like paintings. Locations have to contain personality scope and fine detail, its frustrating when you want to get back to the code and the characters. I think with the number of mechanics its best to focus on single paths for the time being.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Much appreciated, I think I would prefer it that way at least for the time being. so far the coding side is going well. Backgrounds might be what drives me into the ground. People are natural like paintings. Locations have to contain personality scope and fine detail, its frustrating when you want to get back to the code and the characters. I think with the number of mechanics its best to focus on single paths for the time being.
If you're doing 3d models, there are a few location assets uploaded in the Asset Releases forum.

namiv

Feb 19, 2020
Hey guys

Discuss
to be honest with you the freedom of choosing a path is an advantage but since you try to have different outcomes with different arts to back it up, i think 14 outcomes is really 2 much
if i were in your shoes, i might reduce it since i guess it confuses me,
i doubt the most ideal story wouldn't encourage me to play 14 time