[R> Other] Game Studio

Inkshade

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2024
I removed the concept of "Money" in the first place to protect myself and those who believe in my project and want to do business with me from all financial risks
you removed the risk for you, the people who will be working with you still have to handle the risks.

This puts me in a position where there is no money I can steal from you, and if I am a fraudster, I can steal at most 10 hours from you
let's see, you are hiring atleast 4 different positions, for 10 hours each. That's a week~ worth of work using the skills that took them probably years to learn...

70% or 80% of game makers rob their backers with a milder version of this method.
And even those "frauds" would still present to their backers with at least a hilariously half baked demo... and if you cant even do that then what does it say about your project ?

Look, I'm not saying that you are a fraud or a scammer, im just saying that you are not giving people any reason to take your project seriously.
Just think, why would 4 talented developer/artist/writer work for you ? What do you have to offer them ? The way I see it right now, even if you are not a scam, then you are still just an unnecessary middle man. All you have are just ideas that you are unwilling to share, and "ideas" arent exactly is in a shortage on this site.

Badboyoz

Apr 13, 2023
you removed the risk for you, the people who will be working with you still have to handle the risks.

let's see, you are hiring atleast 4 different positions, for 10 hours each. That's a week~ worth of work using the skills that took them probably years to learn...

And even those "frauds" would still present to their backers with at least a hilariously half baked demo... and if you cant even do that then what does it say about your project ?

Look, I'm not saying that you are a fraud or a scammer, im just saying that you are not giving people any reason to take your project seriously.
Just think, why would 4 talented developer/artist/writer work for you ? What do you have to offer them ? The way I see it right now, even if you are not a scam, then you are still just an unnecessary middle man. All you have are just ideas that you are unwilling to share, and "ideas" arent exactly is in a shortage on this site.
I don't know the reason for your anger, but if you looked a little more carefully, I wrote above that I am a professional screenwriter. I have worked on film and TV series sets before. And I studied screenwriting at the university. I want to have at least 2 people from each branch and for this I am thinking of adding only 1 writer to my team. I also need someone to do the full-time work of this whole project such as marketing, branding, etc. I will do this. I think you have been freelancing all your life and you don't know how things work in the private sector.

But I agree with you, I'm trying to stay as anonymous as possible because this is a platform for everyone to see. I plan to share more intimate details with my team in a one-on-one way. This mystery may have bothered you, but I'm sorry there's nothing I can do. I'm trying to create a professional work that hasn't been done before. And if I share it with everyone, I guess my project won't matter much. But thank you for your time and for asking questions

Inkshade

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2024
I don't know the reason for your anger
"this person is disagreeing with me they must be soo angry"
I wrote above that I am a professional screenwriter. I have worked on film and TV series sets before
any anonymous person can claim to be anything, and I'm actually Bobby Kotick!

I think you have been freelancing all your life and you don't know how things work in the private sector.
except this isnt a "private sector", this is a pirate forum... And you are looking for people who will work for you without pay how the hell it is "private sector" ? :WaitWhat:

Let just say you are actually a professional screenwriter. If an anonymous producer come to you and ask you to write a show for him, no contract and without pay unless the show make profit, you would even consider taking that offer ?
Like do you actually think you are the first guy to make these kind of offers on this site ?

Last edited:

Badboyoz

Apr 13, 2023
"this person is disagreeing with me they must be soo angry"

any anonymous person can claim to be anything, and I'm actually Bobby Kotick!

except this isnt a "private sector", this is a pirate forum... And you are looking for people who will work for you without pay how the hell it is "private sector" ? :WaitWhat:

Let just say you are actually a professional screenwriter. If an anonymous producer come to you and ask you to write a show for him, no contract and without pay unless the show make profit, you would even consider taking that offer ?
Like do you actually think you are the first guy to make these kind of offers on this site ?
You don't want to learn anything. You just want to attack.
Okay, that's fine, but for me this discussion is over. I'm not interested in people who eat a Big Mac and drink a big Coke at their computer and attack people from where they sit.
That's your opinion and I don't care what you think. Don't work with me and I can't scam you. What's your opinion?
By the way, don't forget to open the BBQ sauce, it tastes better that way.

Have a nice day Bobby Kotick :D

• Haha
Reactions: Knox_xx

Inkshade

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2024
That's your opinion and I don't care what you think. Don't work with me and I can't scam you.
I literally just said that I dont think that you are a scammer, and your reply is "dont work with me if you dont want to be scammed." ??? :KEK::KEK:
And where did I "attack" you ? Did I type out any personal attack that hurt you so much you have to retaliate by describe me as a stereotypical American ?

Davos2

Aug 29, 2020
Okay, that's fine, but for me this discussion is over. I'm not interested in people who eat a Big Mac and drink a big Coke at their computer and attack people from where they sit.
Some of us eat Whoppers, thank you very much.

But on a serious note, if you want more than smart aleck answers or people expressing wariness, a few details would fix that. Is it an ntr game? A harem game? A sandbox? Rpg? What genres and tone are you considering?

Also has the added benefit of making the recruiting process easier.

No offense, but you do also kinda sound like one of those scam letters in your post.

But there is only one thing in the world more powerful than the power of capital. "NETWORK"

inoveros

Aug 11, 2024
Good luck on launching your studio. I hope you find the talent you're looking for! I know its tough, but you can do it.

Badboyoz

Apr 13, 2023
Maybe you're right. I'll prepare a post that expresses myself better and I'll share it so that no one will have a question mark in their mind.