Seeking Games like my cute roommate

Boysie

May 7, 2019
Hi all

I’m new to this scene and just played a few games this weekend, so far I’ve played my cute roommate and currently playing date my daughter, I enjoy both and like the virtual novel aspect but prefer my cute roommate as it is more interactive, could you recommend some games like this

Also on the games forum, is there a guide to what the prefixes mean? Struggling to work them out

Thanks!

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018

Boysie

May 7, 2019
Thanks for this, some good suggestions there

Don’t really like the anime type characters, prefer the rendered ( if that’s the correct phrase?) type like in my cute roommate,

So is ren-py a type of engine then? That’s one I was struggling to work out!

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Don’t really like the anime type characters, prefer the rendered...
Both are renders, but one made in something like Honey Select or (for the one you prefer) Daz3D. Unfortunately both the anime and realistic style are just tagged as 3dcg, so you can't do something like filter one or the other out in a search.

Yep Ren'Py is the engine used to make the game, the games with that prefix will usually have a similar controls and feel as My Cute Roommate and Dating my Daughter.

Reactions: robx980 and Boysie

mrthrowaynn

Aug 22, 2018
Mostly posting to bump this, but I've enjoyed Timestamps and Dreams of Desire. They're similar but a bit more fantasy and sci-fi but still based in the real world.

Pink Guy1.0

Jul 9, 2020
Does anyone know any game that looks like My Cute Roommate, in the way of having to take pictures of the characters as a model, and wear various types of clothes?