Seeking Games where it does skill checks during sex that you pass or fail based on how much you've leveled up those skills

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
The one well-known game I've played that has this is Lab Rats 2, but it's pretty simplistic. There was another game I played a while back called Their Beautiful World - Divinity that had a similar system, and I liked that aspect of it, but the rest of the game just wasn't developed enough. I'm not looking for games where the level of your skill affects which scenes you can access (those are a lot more common). I'm looking for games where it does a skill check "under the hood," so to speak, in a skill that you can level up over the course of the game, and whether you pass or fail affects how much pleasure the girl experiences, whether the scene continues, how long you last, etc.

Felicia Smith

Apr 12, 2019
The closest one I can think of right now is Nymphomania Priestess

There is a good amount of skill based dice rolls under the hood (that you can actually see in the event chat) and some of those are with sex skills (there is quite a large amount of NTR content in the game but you can avoid it all if you want, and actually the sex skills can improve the experience on that front i guess)

I guess Karryn's prison too would fit fairly well, changes the amount of pleasure you give and take, your endurance etc

Time NTR Loop also

A great amount of Brothel sims probably have those stats too.

Last edited:

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Sigh, I really don't like the "breasts larger than her head" character design, but I guess I need to give in and try this game, because it checks too many other boxes of things I'm interested in.

How are the English translations on the other two?

A great amount of Brothel sims probably have those stats too.
I'm looking for games where the MC specifically (preferably a male) has those stats, and optimally where it kinda dramatizes you being better or worse at sex depending on whether those stats are high enough.

Reactions: Felicia Smith

Felicia Smith

Apr 12, 2019
Karryn Prison is quite amazing, many stats, one of the best gameplay systems out there if you ask me, very interisting skill tree / upgrades. Very polished

How are the English translations on the other two?
Nymphomania is pretty well translated

Time Loop's translation is not too good xD but it does check the box you mention of sucking at sex or not the most / performance overall, there is a grading system and skills and school tests etc. You basically have TONS of competition everywhere and you need to manage to raise your stats etc teachers, students, everyone wants to bang her, there is an affinity system tracking all the competitors and yourself (I think the translation improved since the last time I played it, still its not the best, but not too heavy to dl and I find it quite unique and interisting worth rapidly checking it out in my opinon) Its suboptimal but the gameplay itself is decent / unique enough to be worth a dl

Reactions: rb813

Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
Saria Reclaimed is in the same vein as Karryn's Prison, and different proportions.
RPGM - Saria Reclaimed [v0.13.1] [Velminth] | F95zone

Seeds of Chaos has its skill rolls visible on screen, but it's DnD style so you can still fail the rolls and effect the story. Can't remember if it effects the sex scenes much (if at all) though. Still a fun game though.
Ren'Py - Seeds of Chaos [v0.3.11] [Vénus Noire] | F95zone

Monster Girl Dreams is probably the closest I can think of with a male protagonist's skill at sex mattering to gameplay, since it effects damage and ability to counter monster sex skills in combat. Not sure it's quite what you're looking for though.
Ren'Py - Monster Girl Dreams [v25.1a Alpha] [Threshold] | F95zone

Reactions: Felicia Smith

Felicia Smith

Apr 12, 2019
Saria Reclaimed is in the same vein as Karryn's Prison, and different proportions.
RPGM - Saria Reclaimed [v0.13.1] [Velminth] | F95zone
True, Saria is quite interisting, though a bit early dev and gameplay itslef is a bit clunky as it is (compared to Karryn i mean, its still really good don't get me wrong). Her proportion are much more reasonnable yes, she's quite jacked tho. The Pixel and world is pretty amazing though, very impressed.

Will check out Monster Girl Dream.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I've actually tried all of these games at one time or another...

I tried that a year ago, and it seemed pretty much the same as the standard "ryona" type game where you just get fucked if you lose a fight. Is that what Karryn's Prison is too?

Seeds of Chaos
I think my biggest frustration with this was that I really liked the art style of the profile pics, but it wasn't the same as the actual sex scenes. I don't remember having any strong feelings about the gameplay, but I do remember thinking the story was kinda weird, in that it starts out with the guy being forced to serve the demon lord, and then it's kinda just like "shrug, this is my life now," and it seemed like he never made any effort (at least as far as I got in the game) to resist or even feel bad about what he was doing from that point on. It almost felt like the body of the game was written before they ever came up with the prologue, it just kinda threw me off. But more to the point of this thread, I don't recall it having much going on as far as skill checks to see whether the MC was good at sex or not.

Monster Girl Dreams
I think my main problem with this was just that I never really got the hang of the combat.

Felicia Smith

Apr 12, 2019
Is that what Karryn's Prison is too?
In some aspects, you do get banged if you lose. But there are much more diversity of gameplay and its coupled with somewhat of a management side to it (in the sense that you can pass "edicts" as the prison warden that will impact the world, your income, corruption etc)

You could technically lose a bunch of time and keep your virginity (in any and all bodily areas if you choose so) all through out the game if you play it correctly.

I feel like it's the best "Ryona" out there by a mile. All gameplay systems/aspects interact very well. I mean there's a reason why it's one of the very best rated games on that site (I actually avoided that game for so long because it didn't seem interisting, even though it was that popular aha)

Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
Is that what Karryn's Prison is too?
It doesn't need to be entirely lose fight for sex. It's just probably the fastest way to get started on the sexual combat. After a while, you can turn the entire set of fights into nothing but sex, same with Saria Reclaimed. Just takes a while to get that part in motion, since it's supposed to represent the corruption of the character over time. Not for everyone since it takes a bit to get going, but once it's up and running you can honestly clear the whole game with sex combat. Plus there's scenes in Karryn's Prison that are minigames that can lead to sex related to the scene. The receptionist being fucked while still trying to do paperwork, the barmaid getting groped and if drunk enough drinking cum out of the pint glasses, etc.

Monster Girl Dreams is mostly about making sure you learn (or look up, whichever works for you) what you need to avoid certain moves and do more damage with. Each stat is viable, so getting the skills associated with that stat and just putting in the effort (and maybe a little grind occasionally, but not bad compared to most games that need it). I know there's plenty of talk about builds in the game thread if you need something to get you started, and the wiki is quite helpful on tips as well.

Seeds of Chaos is going to be hit or miss. NTR is avoidable for people who are against it, and it doesn't remind you to use your stat points... But in general it's just a management sim with rpg mechanics and rng. Not going to work for a lot of people who are mostly VN players, but the story kinda works. You can choose to completely give in to them and revel in your evilness, or try to sneak some defiance in here and there along the way. He just opens up to their idea more since, after it's been explained, he seems to always come out on the wrong end despite doing everything right. Maybe the idea of freedom vs. the status quo and the rules of the monarchy/church is the way to see real change in the world for the average person. At least that's what it seems to be going for to me.

tagraves15

Dec 27, 2021
I just skimmed through this, but did anyone suggest Game of Hearts to you? The opening scene is awesome, and on top of that in order to give the girl(s) pleasure you have to make certain choices and level up certain skills before, during, and after the encounters. The interface explains what to do, and the models are fun to look at. The animations are really good too. But it's only at Ch2 I believe.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
the models are fun to look at. The animations are really good too
Sounds interesting, but I'll have to take your word for it on how it looks. I haven't been able to see any of the preview images on this site for the past few days.

Reactions: tagraves15

tagraves15

Dec 27, 2021
Sounds interesting, but I'll have to take your word for it on how it looks. I haven't been able to see any of the preview images on this site for the past few days.
If your goal is maximizing the pleasure of your partner based on "ability" then I think you will enjoy this game. The MC is not a complete douchebag, nor is he a little bitch, so there's a nice balance to the story and immersion too.