Seeking Games with bad ends?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I keep running into this one in my searches but the description is totally useless. What on earth is it about? Is there gameplay, or is it completely linear? Is TF avoidable? Because TF is not my cup of tea. Thanks for the suggestion either way though!
Full disclosure: I wrote the game, so I might be just a tad biased. ;)

It's set within Lovecraft's mythos. It's a text heavy game and the TF is something that is avoidable if you're careful (Or if you have the cheat menu and jack your stats to the point where you simply wont reach the point of TFs.)

It's a sandbox setting, you can approach the story different ways, experience different content every play through (I think we figured out one time that it would take 8 perfect playthroughs to see all of the content the game has to offer.)

What I usually suggest to potential players is that you download the game (It's not a big file.) and give it a try. Most people are either hooked or simply aren't interested by the time they finish the intro. The murder scene at the start really cinches it one way or the other for most people.

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
Thanks for the breakdown. It doesn't sound like what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the breakdown and humiliation of a known female (doesn't necessarily have to be the protagonist, but games like brothel sim where they're just randomly generated aren't what I'm looking for either.) But I hope that someone who IS looking for your kind of game stumbles across this thread and gives it a shot. Good luck!

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
Do they have to be bad ends? Because there are also games where the MC is only temporarily enslaved and/or forced to sell her body.
I remember, for instance, Succulence, Lust Doll, The poor whore, Claire's Quest (unless the bad arc has been reworked), Caliross and many Japanese RPGs (one of them is Haru-Uru if I'm not mistaken).
If I recall some of those DO have bad ends in them, and I enjoyed them. It's really sort of an abject despair/helplessness kind of situation I want to see them wind up in, so bad ends are quite beneficial. Thanks for the reply!

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
It's worth noting that Kingdom of Deception has some good Bad Ends in the same vein as what I'm looking for, e.g. Drugged and kept as a camp whore, broken and used as a breeder, enslaved, etc.