Seeking Games with choices that matter?

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
first of all, Depraved Awakenings does not have choices? there are branching paths and multiple endings. i had to use the walkthrough to get to all of them. anyways here are a few more with branching storylines(not in any order):

Urban Voyeur
Become a Rock Star
Hack n Stalk 2.0 (there are three of them, HnS 1,2,3; but this one's the best imo)
Shadows over Manston
Twists of my Life

btw, sometimes choices in these types of games mean which girl you want to be with. that may or may not be what you are looking for.

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
Choices in DMD... You knew the end of that story before you started playing.
gameplay choices that really matter... you get to pick her swimsuit!!!

Some VN act like there's a choice. "do you want to study massage?" try saying no, see how far that gets you.
you can't even squeak by with a half way decent massage, you have to reach mastermassager to beat the level and move on.
I'm going OT here , but i'm really interested to your post and also to the previous one you wrote ...
The arguments , about the significance of Adult Game ,that is not the number of endings that doesn't make it a game or in the other side some games like DmD with apparent choices , where everybody knew which will be the end of the story are for me really interesting.
My personal point ( i'm just a gamer that begin to play close to 3 months ago , so i've a limited experience ) is that here nobody is never happy about every kind of games and always with different arguments : this game have not impact choices , this game is just a soap opera , there are only stupid twist ending , too much endings, two less endings, etc...
So now we have two big problems , first is the right definition of Adult Games but second not less important , is to try to find a right and similar way to judge the same game.
-In my opinion an adult game , must have two thing to be considered so : the adult part , so big importance to the visual part , with important part to Renders , Graphics , Animations , etc , to give to a person the excitement he is looking for ; second is gaming part , that is the enjoyable content , that could be just happiness , emotions , gaming ,sadness , everything that makes the gamer want to keep playing.
-About the second part , i can understand that to judge a opera it's not easy and everybody have different tastes , but this thread is peculiar how to also some games really famous , are viewed in a total and opposite way.
Depraved Awakening in same thread , is a game with occasional choices , in another post have exactly it's written the contrary , with choice that impact.
Dreams of Desire the same.
Acting Lesson , same thing.

Tree important games with absolutely opposite words...
I can understand that is never easy to have same judgment equal o similar from different people , but it's not possible for me to read absolutely opposite and contrast thing about same game . I'm ok if judgment is different in some shades , but not in peculiar things of the game . So it's not better to leave away the word game and to speak just about or Visual novel or Sand Box or Dating Game etc.... ?
Because actually , from what i can read here in this thread , but also in many reviews of other games , there is too much disparity to understand non the kind of judgement to give , but really it miss in many person ( and probably also in me ) the necessary knowledge in which to make at least condivisibile judgments.
I really wish that somebody could me explain better if it could be a possibility to have a right definition for Adult game and if there are some part that are absolutely fundamental in a judgment...
I'm really interesting to learn better about all these things . Sorry for so long post and if i bothered you ...

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
is it just about choices that matters then i have one is mothers seduction the choices matters so much that even developer has a hard time making it what the choices actually do. so choices are not just good for a game. but you could lose perspective what ultimate choices do.

Reactions: u z i

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Choices with consequences, not meaningless choices that still lead the same place.
In my lifetime I was lucky enough to meet my soulmate and as a result of a choice I made, she was gone in a blink of an eye.
I've re-written that scenario in my mind hundreds of times, and the odds of success are astronomical, but at the same time, I made it to level 5. My choices had an impact on her, and the situation, timing played a part. "Games" have a replayability factor.
A visual novel is play once.

Reactions: Fantabaldu

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
Choices with consequences, not meaningless choices that still lead the same place.
In my lifetime I was lucky enough to meet my soulmate and as a result of a choice I made, she was gone in a blink of an eye.
I've re-written that scenario in my mind hundreds of times, and the odds of success are astronomical, but at the same time, I made it to level 5. My choices had an impact on her, and the situation, timing played a part. "Games" have a replayability factor.
A visual novel is play once.
well then i'm pretty sure some of the VNs have been wrongly tagged. this is an example.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
well then i'm pretty sure some of the VNs have been wrongly tagged. this is an example.
football is a game. spoiler alert: this is a football field, they all look alike, if you've seen one you've seen them all.
same ball over and over, the plot never changes, the goals are the same every single time. why are football game developers still in business? because critical decisions ... the thrill of victory... the agony of defeat.
Dallas.jpg

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
football is a game. spoiler alert: this is a football field, they all look alike, if you've seen one you've seen them all.
same ball over and over, the plot never changes, the goals are the same every single time. why are football game developers still in business? because critical decisions ... the thrill of victory... the agony of defeat.
View attachment 290507
okay.
by the way, i thought of a different sport when you made an analogy with football but judging by the picture i think you meant something else. the cheerleaders look hot though.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
okay.
by the way, i thought of a different sport when you made an analogy with football but judging by the picture i think you meant something else. the cheerleaders look hot though.
Yeah, I've posted this before. I know "football" means different things in different parts of the world, but what I said still rings true, in any gaming sport. Even if your country has drunk guys for cheerleaders. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Cheerleaders don't get paid much. Some of the Dallas cheerleaders are doctors, lawyers and or other professionals... they don't do it for the money, they do it for the thrill, the front row seats.
118_1000.jpg

Reactions: u z i

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
I actually tend to agree. What if all the different endings are derived from one or two different choices? I'm liking the Good Girl Gone Bad pretty well so far. It does seem like there are definitely impactful choices throughout. The graphic side of it is a bit lacking, but I guess you can't have everything.
So far I've got one where I
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: TrollTimes

VixnSkye

Feb 16, 2019
Honestly, I can't really think of any games (adult or not) where player choices actually mattered in the end. I've played a lot of games that said your choices matter, but they usually made minor changes, and nothing more.