Seeking Games with Downer Endings

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
So I'm looking for 3dcg Ren'py games that are extremely bleak, preferably games where choices you make can be lethal to you or to the supporting cast. I got Depraved Awakening and was reading where if you don't get someone to like the MC you die, but I didn't check to see if any of the other protagonists (Or I suppose deuteragonists) could die. So if anyone knows of 3dcg Ren'py games like that, it'd be awesome!

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
So I'm looking for 3dcg Ren'py games that are extremely bleak, preferably games where choices you make can be lethal to you or to the supporting cast. I got Depraved Awakening and was reading where if you don't get someone to like the MC you die, but I didn't check to see if any of the other protagonists (Or I suppose deuteragonists) could die. So if anyone knows of 3dcg Ren'py games like that, it'd be awesome!
I can suggest you Dream of Desire , not a noir/detective game like DA is , but DoD is absolutely a Masterpiece , with some choice that can be absolutely letal for some important character. If You liked Da wou will like for sure this game
https://f95zone.to/threads/dreams-of-desire-v1-0-3-lewdlab.1904/

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Reactions: Fantabaldu

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
I played that game, only got one and it hit me super hard. I may have to run it again, with the walkthrough though, see what all else I can get.
Yes i confirm in this game there is a very bad ending ; happy ending is easy to find only using the Wt

Other game i can suggest like alredy made @jamdan is Acting lesson ... Some very bad ending , with some very nice endings ,in every case another Masterpiece
https://f95zone.to/threads/acting-lessons-v1-0-0-drpinkcake.12181/

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
I agree with DoD, it's a THE game to play in this forum and it has one ending (maybe two, it depends on how you see it) like you are asking, if you are only looking for the ending and that one ending was the one you saw you can skip it but if that isn't the case it's the best recomendation I could give you

There is also two storys in A Town Uncovered that it doesn't has downer endings but everthing in the middle can feel pretty bad and we always have people complaining about it, play Mom and Allaway's story (you have a cellphone that always know what to do, so there is no need for a wt) in 0.23a, the current version is 0.23c and Allaway's story was changed because people complained to much about how dark it was

Reactions: Fantabaldu

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
There is also two storys in A Town Uncovered that it doesn't has downer endings but everthing in the middle can feel pretty bad and we always have people complaining about it, play Mom and Allaway's story (you have a cellphone that always know what to do, so there is no need for a wt) in 0.23a, the current version is 0.23c and Allaway's story was changed because people complained to much about how dark it was
I actually did that game. I really liked what I played of it, but I couldn't figure out how to get anything done in her story. Also I really like the ones with the cell phones that know what to do. Especially Man of the House... which I need to play since .8 something.

I'm not necessarily looking for someone did die, just the assurance that someone can die. It's also worth noting. I did get one death in DoD, are there non-death endings or more than one death ending?

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
You have 4 happy endings (one for each girl and a harem ending) where only the bad guys dies and 2 bad ending where at least 2 main characters dies in both endings and one of those endings is just a bad ending (probably the one you saw because is the easier to get without a wt) and the other one is a corruption ending which it is almost a good ending for me but people might say otherwise

You also have Dream Of Desires: The Lost Stories when the older sister is the MC (I forgot his name) and the story happens before and during the events of DoD, but the only reason why it could be called a downer ending it's because it's almost a kinetic game and it has to set the story for the main game. I would never recommend it as much as DoD but maybe it's something you could look for.

I didn't played yet, but if you don't mind japanese games in english, I heard that Hypno-training My Mother and Sister has an ending like that, but I am just saying what I read, you can read it yourself or ask in its main thread

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
You have 4 happy endings (one for each girl and a harem ending) where only the bad guys dies and 2 bad ending where at least 2 main characters dies in both endings and one of those endings is just a bad ending (probably the one you saw because is the easier to get without a wt) and the other one is a corruption ending which it is almost a good ending for me but people might say otherwise
Good to know. I really like corruption :love:

I didn't played yet, but if you don't mind japanese games in english, I heard that Hypno-training My Mother and Sister has an ending like that, but I am just saying what I read, you can read it yourself or ask in its main thread
I don't mind translated games, unless the translation is pure shit. There's a certain charm to a game that's moderately poorly translated.

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Far from complete. But a great game to follow is "Primal Instinct". Story seems Primed for some potentially dark endings. Also some of the best written characters and intriguing stories I've come across so far. Chapter 4 should be out within a few weeks.