Tool Others GameUpdater

May 22, 2018
Overview:
Since I'm a member of the f95zone-community for quite a long time now, I've wanted to contribute something to all of you. I've created a little program which helps you keep track of your favourite games. You'll be able to add your favourite games via GUI and check for updates by a simple button-klick.​

Thread Updated: 2023-02-03
Release Date: 2023-02-03
Developer: deathmaster991
Version: 0.5
Language: English

I wrote this tool mainly for myself, since it bothered me to browse the site everytime I wanted to check for new updates of the games I'm playing. I'm not a professional programmer but I do have some basic to intermediate knowledge in coding. Still, there may be bugs - I haven't experienced any this far but I wrote the thing - and other unwanted behaviour, but it definitly won't hurt your system in any way.

Important: Use it at your own risk! The program does not change anything related to your computer or gather any information different than the online versions, tags, and Release Dates. Because it requests the site directly, it also generates traffic and load for the hosters to face. I thereby ask you to not spam the Update-button, since the hosts will take steps to combat this behaviour if the impact on the site is too big. If your anti-virus program does not like it, you will have to trust me.

Installation and Usage:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Changelog:

Things you might want to know:

Future Plans:
  • Maybe a way to start games from this program

If you face problems with the program or have any questions, you can post it here in this thread. Also feel free to make suggestions, as I will try to implement them with the programming skills I currently have.

I advise you not to meddle with the DataFile at all. If you have it opened while running the program, it will most likely crash. You can edit, delete and add over the GUI.

GitHub Link if anyone wants to see some spaghetti Code:

Thank you all,
Regards deathmaster991

Last edited:

DarkMask

Oct 16, 2017
Hello,

Just wanted to say thanks for making this! I started planning out my own program but haven't had the time to work on it and this works nicely.

Possible bug, when adding a game, the list doesn't auto-populate. Instead you have to click the "Check for Updates" button for your entries to be shown.

May 22, 2018
Hello,

Just wanted to say thanks for making this! I started planning out my own program but haven't had the time to work on it and this works nicely.

Possible bug, when adding a game, the list doesn't auto-populate. Instead you have to click the "Check for Updates" button for your entries to be shown.
Hi

I actually Added in a refresh button in the latest version. Will publish it soon.

Maybe I'll even add an auto-refresh as soon as you add an entry, won't be that big of an effort.

Just hit me with any suggestions you have, I'm quite satisfied with how it works atm but maybe since I've got holidays coming up I might aswell try some new things.

Thanks for trying it out.

Greets

DarkMask

Oct 16, 2017
Sounds good!

An Engine & Status column would be great for a quick glance to see what program was used to make the game and if its currently in production, on hold, abandoned...etc.

May 22, 2018
Sounds good!

An Engine & Status column would be great for a quick glance to see what program was used to make the game and if its currently in production, on hold, abandoned...etc.
Hi DarkMask,

It's been a long time but yeah, I've updated the program today and implemented the changes you suggested. So if you're still using my tool, feel free to download the new version.

Your DataFile will be migrated automatically, but I advise you to back it up just to be safe.