Ren'Py - Gem Domination [v0.9.2] [Team Gem Buster]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Randonormie

I remember this was a great game before
    No idea what happened, can't load previous saves, can't use other's saves
    Get a warning that the file could be malicious, but despite clicking yes to use, it doesn't load at all

The grind is annoying, not hard, but why do you have to reset everyday to work for money for gifts, which takes a few days, then the gift doesn't even fill the progress so you have to do it again, and you can't give more than one gift, go reset the day again
    Can't use other's saves to skip, cant even load my own edited save

I've already played through it before, my saves not working is something we all know would happen, but now I cant even load other's saves, I click yes and nothing happen at all

Another review says its pretty slow going, but I didnt know it was that slow
    Haven't played in a few versions and all that was new was just a new interaction/dialogue
  2. 3.00 star(s)

spacezombie

It has a lot of potential, but is very flawed at the moment.

The story is good I liked that it is very closely to the original steven universe show.

The characters behave mostly like in the original too, but the dialogue and writing is often not so good.

The sex scenes are okay they have animations atleast.

The music is fitting.

The art is bad, characters which are new, like "stoner girl" have an obvious different artstyle and this can break immersion, I didn´t mind too much but it was very noticeable.

The UI is good, but navigating needs to be improved I like the concept of clicking on different things like a slice of pizza so you know you go to the street with the pizza shop. But it doesn´t feel good to navigate.

A big problem is that there is not enough content and that it feels very unfinished, the most annoying thing being the Gem crush minigame popup saying it isn´t implemented yet, it just wastes time even if it is like only 2 second, why does it always need to come I understood the first time that is isn´t there yet.

But I can still recommend it, especially if you like Steven Universe. It has a lot of potential because of the massive cast of characters there are, but I don´t get my hopes up unless it is completed.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

loaf of bread

I like it.
    Easy to play and built in cheats no codes required
    Just click on the White board in the lighthouse
    None of the gifts affect pearl though so make sure to have her in your party
  4. 3.00 star(s)

iron4doves

If I was reviewing this purely based on my experience I'd give this 2 stars. I'm not a Steven Universe fan, I know very little about it, but the dev seems to assume you've watched all episodes. You may say this is reasonable, and mostly I'd agree. However, for players who are not familiar, there is no real explanation of who characters are, you get name drops of characters/events that probably occur in the TV series but are not explained in game, etc. It's a pretty bad experience.

The reason I'm mentioning is 1) to clarify my stance and 2) to point out that this doesn't have to be the case. There are plenty of games on this site based on existing IP's (Danny Fantom, Avatar, Naruto, Ben 10, etc) that I have had little-to-no background info about but have still been able to follow along and enjoy. In fact, I thoroughly enjoyed Jikage Rising (Naruto) and this caused me to go watch the anime.

However, ignoring this and pretending that I know everything about the SU universe, it's still just an okay game. The art is very true to the series which is a plus (sometimes, but other times it is a minus as there are some fairly unattractive characters in the show...), and sex scenes are animated, but the game play is poor and dialog is average to poor (many grammatical errors and relatively basic dialog). The dialog alone doesn't really give you the info you need to know what to do in order to progress. Often times the hints in the phone can help, but often times they do fuck all (ex: tip is "level up Jenny" - how the fuck do I do that???).

I'm giving this 3 stars in order to account for my ignorance on the IP. If you're ignorant about the IP, I'd say it's 2 stars.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Bonger12345

Art style matches the show itself which is pretty neat and it doesn't take a long time to finish the game. There are some issues that exist within the mac version but for the windows one it works fine and dandy. The updates also seem preetty swell so hopefully it only gets better from here.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Gray21

Surprisingly good, the character art most of the times looks really close to what the actual show looks like, but there are some outliers and moments when it deviates a bit.
    The gameplay is ok, not too grindy, though i guess thats gonna change once the mini games get implemented, that will really drag out some things.
    If you are familiar with the show its definitely worth a try. It basically has the same story as the show but with key events revisited and lewdified.
    Keep up the good work.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

wadere

still a little rough around the edges as of v0.2.3, some systems aren't there yet and there some was some trouble with the team so theres also some unstability added to it but this is still a great game with an even greater potential.

not that many S.U games out there but this one doesn't look like it'll die soon like others and it isn't meant to be short like the few that made it to completion.

two routes to choose from (corruption/redemption), not much different between them other than dialogue and two alternating characters as of now but i heard that it'll change later in the story so that'll add some true replayability.

the art will also recieve an upgrade in quality thanks to a new artist so that's something else to look forward to.

i would give it 5 stars based on everything that will come out later on but since i'm rating what's there now 4 stars is what's fair. still pretty short but a good amount of scenes, looks good, feel good, etc...

lots of info are on their discord so sorry if i'm talking about things that weren't stated here, believe me, don't believe me or go ask yourself (they're friendly and actually answer questions).
    cheers
  8. 5.00 star(s)

mare222

This is a fun, intresting game. the characters are on model similar to, if not accurate to the show. the sex scenes are great to watch. the two diverging paths are intresting to see even tho it just dialog at the moment. can't wait for more in the future
  9. 2.00 star(s)

FratDaedalus

This isn't the worst corruption game I've ever played, but it's certainly in the bottom five.

The writing does nothing that hasn't been done by dozens of corruption games before, even before you account for some odd grammar in some places. And the art just...kind of sucks. I can't sugarcoat it, it sucks. I can tell when the game reuses character assets from the show itself because the difference in quality is overwhelming. I'll give some credit in that the UI was well-done and the way you navigate through the world by clicking on highlighted objects is cute, but that's really the best I can say about it: that it's literally playable.

This is only 0.2.2, so there's space for it to get better, but I don't see that happening personally.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

twicejjang

I just wanted to leave a review saying that, while there have only been a few releases so far, the game itself looks pretty amazing. It's great to see an art style so different from that of the vast majority of games on this site and my hope is that this game will be successful enough to encourage other game devs to diversify their visual styles.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 673446

As a proof of concept, this is a really solid start for a game. The UI in particular is pretty good, with art lifted from the show directly in terms of background art. Clicking different places and buttons feels good and works pretty well, I didn't ever feel lost and locations are highlighted well enough.

The plot is your standard one that gives an excuse to go around boning different characters, nothing bad to say about it but nothing particularly good about it either. Servicable.

Pacing is solid enough, with a decent amount of attention put into character building and exposition. I was curious enough about what I needed to do in order to progress to not want to mash keys to move the text along, which is more than I can say for a lot of games.

Areas that need improvement are the character art and the writing, but other works by other creators have proven that these are areas that you can go back to and improve as work on the game progresses:

• While the level of English is fit enough for purposes, it could be tweaked in places to improve flow. Perhaps I'm assuming too much, but it feels like the creator's first language may not be English. Writing could be improved by an editor if necessary.
    • While a fair attempt has been made to emulate the show's art-style, this might not be the best approach for art one can fap to. Suggestions for improvement might be to add shading to the drawings currently on offer, and to use varying line weights to give a better sense of mass. In their current state, the drawings just look too flat. Artists to take inspiration from would be CubedCoconut and RelatedGuy, as they've done plenty of relatively on-model Steven Universe art that's still pretty hot, using the aforementioned techniques.
    All in all though, a very promising start! The engine and framework is very stable, it looks like the team have worked hard to build a skeleton that can be populated by more and more content as time goes by. I'll be keeping tabs on the game and monitoring its progress.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Dover2

Of course, the idea of controlling or influencing all the gems to be slutty rocks has always plagued my incognito tabs, and seeing this project definitely sparked that horny thought. and this does fill me with hype, its no spare task to include all the gems in the series into one haram game. with all the interactivity, it reminds me of Witch trainer and the exploration that came with the silver mod of witch trainer. however, now i must get into the nitty gritter of art. while i am not an artist, i do understand that art takes time and preparation, but i do hope that there will be some refinements with some of the portraits as development continues. i mostly feel that amethysts boobs are too saggy, which is the only thing i can really go against, in terms of art. otherwise, i feel hopeful for what is to come in this game!