[R>Artist 2D] [R>Programmer] [R>Writer] Share Gene Therapy - LF people who want to work with Unity

Villi X

Jun 12, 2018
Hey guys, so this is a project I'm hoping to build a team for, initially I started working on it with Twine but things are changing and now Unity seems like the better option for the team so if you have any skills in that department then we would love to have you with us. I don't have much at the moment since most of the work I had to start on by myself, and not knowing what kind of mechanics we would be able to implement into the game makes expanding the story difficult. So if you are a programmer who can set up these things, the progress will start kicking into gear.

The game is called Gene Therapy and takes place in the not so distant future, The player (male/female) starts off as a young person who lives in the dystopian city of Neo-Cralen, they live with their whimsical AI sidekick "Delta" who travels with them on the player's wrist-mounted device and helps them keep track of things. Most people in this world use body modifications to alter themselves however they see fit, some of the more creative people build their own out of scrap and junk while the wealthy have access to top of the line models, on top of that there are people who splice there genes with animals to heighten certain aspects of themselves... or just to look cool. The player was gifted a sum of money in order to afford a decent apartment right next door to his sister, when the player starts the game they will be woken up by Delta and given their agenda for the day, which includes getting dressed, going to a job interview, and checking on the family.

All I have at the moment is the apartment set up with all the dialog required including a few events like peeping on people in the street or other apartments, some dialog for relationship building with Delta, some interactions with things like the kitchen, computer, bed, wardrobe, and bathroom. Like I said it's hard for me to expand the outlook of the project without knowing how much I will actually be able to implement.

So far we need programmers and artists who can help work on thins so that I can focus on writing out the events/passages, get them lined up for the programmer(s) you and then they can tie it together with the code needed, I need things like being able to set random encounters, adding images/gifs, an inventory system, a health, a time system, relationship system, possibly a combat system and other things to keep track of stats and other information for/about the player. By doing this for me I can focus more on the writing aspect and not have to worry about how things are going to work out, and I'll be as supportive as I can to make sure your job is as easy as possible.

As far as artists and writers go, I welcome any and all as long as they are comfortable with working with Unity, your help would mean a lot to us! I'll leave a passage from a scene I have written so you can get an idea of the kind of stuff I'm putting together.

I don't have any source of income at the moment but I'm more than happy to come up with a shared amount for this project, I have never worked on something like this before so I don't know what to expect to get in return, I know it will be little to none for a while but I'm hoping that together we can make something that people really enjoy and will be willing to support. So if you do like what I have in mind and want to join me, or have any questions feel free to contact me via (in order from most commonly online) my discord ID: Yamete #0500, the discord link below, DM me here on f95 or on patreon .

Much love everyone.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: natsuki007