Unity Daz Genitals in Blender/Unity?

Revel!

May 27, 2020
So, I'm making a Unity game using Daz models. So far, I was able to successfully export a model from Daz, into Blender for some optimization, then into Unity and keep all the morphs I wanted. It's working great.

The genitals, however, are giving me a lot of trouble. I just can't find any reliable tutorials or information on the best method for getting functional genitals from Daz to Unity. I need the morphs, the skeleton rig, and the matching textures on the genitals.

Currently, I'm trying to use Dicktator. And it is just not working. Haven't even begun on the female genitalia yet.

I've read some sparse information about using "Merge fitted figure(s) geometry" before exporting, but that instantly breaks the Dicktator shell. It basically turns it invisible and then I have to actually go into AppData/Roaming and delete the entire Daz folder to fix it. Also seen some info that "Merge fitted figure(s) geometry" was broken in like 4.12 and I have no clue if it's currently working.

So does anyone know the currently accepted best method for using a Daz model in Unity with working genitals?

• Wow
Reactions: Kassan06969

Revel!

May 27, 2020
After more experimenting, I was able to successfully get Dicktator working in Blender. Mostly. The "merge fitted figure(s) geometry" does indeed allow me to combine the Dicktator genitals into the main Daz model and export them together, with the bones and most of the morphs. A good number of the morphs stop working, though, but that's manageable.

So I've got 2 out of 3 requirements so far - bones and morphs. I don't have the textures down yet, though. Any textures that are applied to the Dicktator shell (or Futalicious) are lost when merging the geometry.

I have tried using the Texture Wizard add-on for Dicktator and Futalicious, but it has the same issue with the geometry shell. It does, however, have the option to apply a total texture to the actual graft specifically for exporting purposes. This does work! The main problem with that, though, is that there's only 4 textures to choose from (they match Michael 7, Michael 8, Victoria 7, and Victoria 8 skin textures). Another problem is that the Michael textures include pubic hair.

Exporting without using the "merge fitted figure(s) geometry" option will keep the shell textures, but they don't quite match up the same in Blender as they do in Daz, which is manageable. But then none of the morphs get exported.

How can I export Dicktator/Futalicious and keep both the morphs and the shell textures??

Laikhent

May 16, 2018
I would try to just add the shell texture manually. I don't know the steps to do it, but should not be that hard to figure out. You can also bring the morphs manually (bringing them with another model and merging the shapes)

Also, take a look at DazToBlender bridge and the diffeomorphic addon for Daz-Blender. Not sure if they will help you but you should know what they have to offer anyway.

Last edited:

Lewdpanda95

Sep 9, 2018
A workaround which may work would be just ignoring the shell and assigning the textures on the genitalia itself.
As default all materials for the genitalia use the torso textures and default uv sets, you would need to apply the dicktator textures and change the uv set to the dicktator one. Keep the torso materials on the torso parts.

You will see there are hard edges where torso and genitalia meet. The shell fixes this by using cutout opacity textures to blend inbetween. What you can do now is making a cutout opacity texture for the torso part. I have not tested this myself, so no guarantee that it will look good.

I need to learn this anyway soon enough, so I will try exporting to ue4 tomorrow like this. If you learn anything new about this please let me know. :)

Laikhent

May 16, 2018
If the Uvs / materials import correctly and the problem is only the lack of texture, you can also ignore it in blender and set the texture in Unity instead (which is as easy as just dragging the texture into the shell's material albedo slot)

Revel!

May 27, 2020
So I tried the diffeomorphic plugin and it does seem to be much more flexible and powerful than the standard FBX export. It does indeed allow for merging of geo-grafts in Blender. However, I can't get the morphs to work when exporting from Blender to Unity.

I might just give up on the geo shell and stick with the standard FBX export method. All the morphs work fine with that method.

Lewdpanda95

Sep 9, 2018
Alright, the cutout opacity idea was totally wrong. I thought the shell blends by 'taking things away', but it rather 'adds stuff' (Sorry, hope you understand what I mean lol). So instead it might work by creating a material which blends between the torso and the genitalia texture? Problem is they use different UVs. I don't know if it's possible to make such a material. That is beyond my amateurish knowledge of 3d modeling, but I'll keep experimenting a bit. Added pictures to visualize.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Agrippa

Aug 5, 2016
Daz Studio has a map transfer function that allows you to convert the UV of an image between the available UVs of the figure. In this case, I would convert the UVs of the images applied to the shell and then load them on the dicktator prop through the layered image editor, then you just need to play with the settings till you get a similar enough result to what the shell gave you. Alternatively, you can skip the layered image editor and do the whole thing in photoshop once you have converted the maps (it may be necessary if you need to use the opacity map as a layer mask).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Laikhent

Laikhent

May 16, 2018
Daz Studio has a map transfer function that allows you to convert the UV of an image between the available UVs of the figure. In this case, I would convert the UVs of the images applied to the shell and then load them on the dicktator prop through the layered image editor, then you just need to play with the settings till you get a similar enough result to what the shell gave you. Alternatively, you can skip the layered image editor and do the whole thing in photoshop once you have converted the maps (it may be necessary if you need to use the opacity map as a layer mask).
This is great!

With this it should be possible to merge the textures and get rid of those extra shell polygons. Thank you for sharing this

Reactions: Agrippa