• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Unity - Abandoned - Genuine Hero [v0.2.2] [ElTomaso]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Azkiger

While Genuine Hero is still in its infancy (v0.18.01 at the time of this review) El Tomaso has done a wonderful job of creating an excellent proof of concept. The game currently only has around 20-30 minutes worth of content, but the sex animations are quite smooth, there's a movable camera allowing you to choose your preferred point of view, and a fully functional gallery already implemented.

Genuine Hero looks to be a point-and-click virtual novel, which I think is an acceptable format and like the idea of El Tomaso keep it simple and continue to focus on the game's bread and butter (a variety of girls, positions, and quality animations). It's unclear at the moment if your responses change anything in the game's story progression, but you can select different responses and receive different responses based on what you've chosen.

The game attempts to take itself as seriously as it can story-wise, and does a good enough job setting the stage for the lewd adventures to come. There are slight lags (a second or two) in some of the dialogue progression, which I assume is character animations catching up. Some of the out of combat (sex) animations are a little silly, like your companions walking alongside you, but I don't remove any points because the animations that matter most are very clean.

The MCs two companions are fun and both have distinct personalities and appeal to me just as much as the different races/monster girls. I look forward to seeing more of them.

El Tomaso's Patreon is very active (the new girl looks amazing, and I can't wait for her to be added), and criminally under-subscribed. I think this game is truly a diamond and hope that anyone reading this will give it a try, and, if they enjoyed it as much as I did and see the potential, seriously consider supporting the developer.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

iron4doves

I should have read reviews/tags more thoroughly, I was also under the impression this was just some renders in koikatsu or something, but no, it's a 3D game with full camera control, 3d models, real time animation, etc. You don't really navigate it yourself, the game just brings you to the next location when you tell it to or when you trigger travel via an event - actually quite nice and removes some blueballiness from the H game genre.

Sex animations are pretty good, non-sex animations are a little goofy but I actually quite like that. Story and events are pretty light right now, but there is definitely enough to get a quick fap in imo. Premise is the typical isekia "I was summoned to another world to be a hero but I'm just a normal dude". You try to act the hero but have internal conflict about your ability to live up to expectations. Right now you're in the "starter zone", you fuck some goblins (and you fuck em good), and you get a few favors from your two female companions as well.

Definitely has a lot of work ahead of it, but it's quite promising as it stands. If dev walked away, never to be seen again, I'd call this a 3 star, but I'm bumping to 4 since it's in active dev and I think it would be relatively easy for this to get a true 4 star from me. I could see this becoming a 5 star one day as well.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Jimmy Two Times

As of v0.18 Genuine Hero is a rough gem in the making. Concept is good, models and graphics are pleasant to look at. Controls are a bit... Well... there aren't much of it and it's the biggest flaw it has for now. The story is promising and feels like it will sprout in a fantastic way if done good. It may take a lot of work to be perfected. I hope the developer sticks with it until the end.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Ai Shoujo Fan

Genuine Hero 0.15

I wasn't expecting anything from this game because I thought that it was 3DCG and not 3D and goblins aren't a strong kink for me, but I was pleasantly surprised. The game is hot and fun to play, and it's 3D.

There are some things that I think should be changed though.

FEEDBACK - The game has Invert Movement and Invert Rotation on by default. I feel that both of these should be off by default. It was not at all intuitive and I struggled a lot during the first couple of minutes of gameplay, up until the goblin sex was over, before I finally went into settings and changed it.

FEEDBACK - I had the game set at 1600x900 resolution and I used a macro to do a custom window size. But the game kept trying to reset the game window size to 1600x900 every so often. I feel that it is possible and it would be a good thing to make the game remember the game window size and to keep it at that size instead of trying to adjust the window size every so often.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1702568

Loved the animations for this 3d style of game see a lot of low effort animations and this is not one of them from the clipping and animations feel fluid and I'm glad to see that. Like the fact that we have the option to control the camera to view whatever angle we want on top of having pre select angles and pov's. Also like the fact that there is a gallery option where you can replay events on top of having even more animations for the current characters, "goblin" hope that trend continues. Would love to see new female creatures like female," Ork's,Beast's,Demons's" etc to fill in this mythical world. If i had one complaint it would be that the world feels very bland not much to been seen, think it would be cool if in the future there is a small town/kingdom/village our protagonist resides in, however in my opinion that comes secondary to having great female cast/animations. Either way enjoyed it and look forward to the future of this game. v0.15
  6. 5.00 star(s)

mrttao

v0.1.1

A visual novel where you are an everydude from earth who got isekai via being summoned by a bit titty priestess
    She has been trying the ritual every day for months now and finally managed to summon you, hurrah.
    Now she wants you to defeat the demon queen.

At first I was leery about a visual novel in Unity... but there is actually a very good reason for it.
    The dev is actually animating the adult scenes in unity.
    This gives you detailed camera controls which I found enjoyable.
    The sex is very smooth and quite good looking.

Not a whole lotta of content thus far.
    But the sex scene is hot, and you can get a bit more if you check the gallery.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

TheeSonus

Taking this from my post and into the reviews simply because I feel it fits.
    My first thoughts on the game are as follows.

- No music or sfx. I understand there not being any voices since it's a v0.1 release but... c'mon man, at least give us stock music or ambience or something just so we aren't playing in absolute silence.
    - It's a bit short on content for a v0.1 release. There's... about five, ten minutes or so? I'd say that I read kind of fast though, so it may vary.
    - Dialogue has some awkward pauses where you need to wait for some reason and can't click through the text. Kind of inconsistent, I'm unsure if it was just waiting for an animation to finish or not.
    ? The BurstDebugInformation_DoNotShip folder is included. It probably shouldn't be. This is a very minor nitpick since it doesn't really have any effect on the game itself, but it would just be nice to not have it to save on however much space it takes up.
    ? Inverted camera. Granted, this is also a very minor nitpick, but I just don't like inverted camera controls.
    ? VN being made in Unity. Definitely not the worst choice, it just strikes me as a little weird.
    + Camera controls exist at all. Most of the time in VNs, they don't, so it's very nice to see them in this game.
    + The animations are as smooth as butter. I've rarely seen any better, especially in 3dcg games like this.

This game, if properly cooked, definitely has the potential to shine like a diamond. I severely hope it doesn't wither or stagnate like a lot of other games tend to.

Reviewed version: v0.1 (obviously)