• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tutorial Get Old Chrome Layout Back

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
So chrome updated it's design to a new and (imo) shittier version. The tabs are huge, the auto-fill is ugly as all hell, the icons are annoying, etc.

Getting the old tabs and URL design bar back:
Go to your URL bar, copy-paste this: chrome://flags/#top-chrome-md & click enter.
Switch to normal.
Relaunch Chrome.

Getting the old "new tab" previews back (instead of icons):
Go to your URL bar, copy-paste this: chrome://flags/#ntp-icons & click enter.
Switch to disabled.
Relaunch Chrome.

Get the old "new tab" design:
Go to your URL bar, copy-paste this: chrome://flags/#ntp-ui-md & click enter.
Switch to disabled.
Relaunch Chrome.

Http domains not displaying full URL:
Go to your URL bar, copy-paste this: chrome://flags/#omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-scheme-and-subdomains & click enter.
Switch to disabled.
Relaunch Chrome.

URL -> Website instead of Website -> URL:
Go to your URL bar, copy-paste this: chrome://flags/#omnibox-ui-swap-title-and-url & click enter.
Switch to disabled.
Relaunch Chrome.

Reduce white space in URL:
Go to your URL bar, copy-paste this: chrome://flags/#omnibox-ui-vertical-margin & click enter.
Switch to disabled.
Relaunch Chrome.

Disable Favicons (Suggestion Box):
Go to your URL bar, copy-paste this: chrome://flags/#omnibox-ui-show-suggestion-favicons & click enter.
Switch to disabled.
Relaunch Chrome.

Get the New Tab Thumbnails Back::
Go to your URL bar, copy-paste this: chrome://flags/#use-google-local-ntp & click enter.
Switch to enabled.
Relaunch Chrome.

Credit for most of these goes to:

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
I KNEW something was off!?!?!.. I was like "Why does CHROME look so different???
Instead wasting time on design they should do something about how Chrome rapes my ram all day.

Reactions: TCMS