4.80 star(s) 26 Votes

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
I still think there's a real chance that things will escalate, but then a greater evil will rise and the parties will have to be like: "We'll finish this later"
Whatever that weird corruption is, might take priority at some point.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
I would be very surprised if they did that, personally. That would effectively double the routes, a Naya war and Naya peace route, and Regina war and Regina peace route.
I think what's more likely is there'll be war either way, but your support or opposition will affect how it plays out, and the options you'll have to choose from.
I think the war path would actually be one of the first end routes. I don't think there will be much to tell about it, so it won't make much sense to keep going. But that's just my thoughts.

Apr 8, 2022
It seems pretty obvious there is a third party doing falseflags and trying to get the two kingdoms to go to war with each other. I think this being discovered could be the way the conflict is resolved.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
It seems pretty obvious there is a third party doing falseflags and trying to get the two kingdoms to go to war with each other. I think this being discovered could be the way the conflict is resolved.
That or guerilla terrorist civilians who aren't doing false flags, but are still trying to fan the flames.
Like it's a "good" conflict because of this.
It's not exactly the biggest mystery in the history of fiction, but it's not nothing.

Reactions: Chivalry/Honor
Apr 8, 2022
It's an interesting setup, yeah. Something that also sticks out to me is that we've seen Regina can beat Naya, but it's also mentioned several times that Madea knows and is skilled with fire magic. That would let her hard counter Regina's control over nature/plants and she would have to be the one to take down her friend in a conflict. Tragic!

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
That or guerilla terrorist civilians who aren't doing false flags, but are still trying to fan the flames.
Like it's a "good" conflict because of this.
It's not exactly the biggest mystery in the history of fiction, but it's not nothing.
It's most certainly a falseflag, we see it with the raiders who attacked the Viridice town. On Naya's route, only one of them was even from Lycalis, and he was banished. The rest were just dressing up as Lycalis soldiers. Then it seemed implied that the giantess with them is "that woman" who was also banished despite being next in line for the role of matriarch.
So far it seems most likely "that woman" is trying to incite a war between the two kingdoms, and likely get at least Naya killed so she can come in and take her believed rightful place.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
It's most certainly a falseflag, we see it with the raiders who attacked the Viridice town. On Naya's route, only one of them was even from Lycalis, and he was banished. The rest were just dressing up as Lycalis soldiers. Then it seemed implied that the giantess with them is "that woman" who was also banished despite being next in line for the role of matriarch.
So far it seems most likely "that woman" is trying to incite a war between the two kingdoms, and likely get at least Naya killed so she can come in and take her believed rightful place.
Yeah all the clues are there, I just mean we can't be completely certain what direction they will take it in.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
It might be both actually. Maybe that one band of raiders that decided to burn down a whole village unwittingly gave a perfect moment for third party to attack the Warrior's rest, making it look like Viridice's revenge.

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
It might be both actually. Maybe that one band of raiders that decided to burn down a whole village unwittingly gave a perfect moment for third party to attack the Warrior's rest, making it look like Viridice's revenge.
And they just happened to be dressed as Lycalis citizens despite not being Lycalis citizens? That would be a pretty poor plot twist.

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
Well it would constitute the above mentioned false flag operation
Unless we're misunderstanding each other, it sounds like you think the group that attacked the Viridice village were just random bandits, and then the falseflag third party attacked Lycalis's burial grounds, when I'm thinking both the raiding party dressing up as Lycalis citizens and the group that dressed as Viridice scouts were part of the same falseflagging op.

4.80 star(s) 26 Votes