• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.90 star(s) 27 Votes

ControllerMan

Dec 17, 2023
The only ones that excite me less are Makla, Kendra and Yakuu. I can't say which ones from the rest make me more excited because all their routes, as well as the characters themselves, had a great development and keep getting better with each update.

PD: where would you include the "Castle Route"?
Tbh Kendras Route is interesting and tied to Maryen that's why she is not that low. Castle Route would be in cool i guess.

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
I'd love to see more routes in the other kingdoms to balance Homaspernia, particularly with the new giantesses in Lycalis and Viridice, or even the first neutral kingdom giantess. I get the feeling that the MC didn't get isekai'd, but is instead one of many purebred humans intentionally "kept pure" by a neutral giantess to sell as mates after she wipes their minds (hence the MC's mind being a clean slate).
Was about to say the neutral kingdom's whole shtick is there aren't any giantesses there, but then I remembered that one innkeeper and the beastwoman/Naya's potential exiled relative we met in Yakuu's route.

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019
Was about to say the neutral kingdom's whole shtick is there aren't any giantesses there, but then I remembered that one innkeeper and the beastwoman/Naya's potential exiled relative we met in Yakuu's route.
Neutral kingdom? Oh, you mean the neutral territories.

Yeah, I doubt they have any form of organized government. I think they live in anarchy, with how often they must be on the move and the amount of criminals that take refuge there.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Who's the beastwoman you're talking about? I only remember innkeeper which at the same time is a half-beast.

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
Who's the beastwoman you're talking about? I only remember innkeeper which at the same time is a half-beast.
It's one that appeared in Yakuu's route, Tyra. She looks like a cheetah girl, given her hair. The innkeeper though that appeared later looked a lot like Nyxmay, my assumption is that she's a vampire.

Birel

Aug 31, 2022
I'm curious, how do y'all think the characters in this game would react to space? I mean do they have modern knowledge of space or medieval knowledge.

Reactions: Chivalry/Honor

firednerve

Sep 5, 2022
I'm curious, how do y'all think the characters in this game would react to space? I mean do they have modern knowledge of space or medieval knowledge.
Medieval society in our world had a pretty good understanding of astronomy as it was important for most activities (determining seasons without calendars, navigation without a compass etc.). GG is set in the early modern period for the most part and the countess from Homaspernia wears glasses, so lenses have been invented->telescopes->better astronomy. Combine that with magically enhanced senses and yep, they definitely understand stars better than we did back then, and probably understand space itself.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
It's one that appeared in Yakuu's route, Tyra. She looks like a cheetah girl, given her hair. The innkeeper though that appeared later looked a lot like Nyxmay, my assumption is that she's a vampire.
Wait a second, Tyra is an innkeeper too, she owns the one on neutral territory. I don't remember vampire one though, is she in Yakuu route?

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Medieval society in our world had a pretty good understanding of astronomy as it was important for most activities (determining seasons without calendars, navigation without a compass etc.). GG is set in the early modern period for the most part and the countess from Homaspernia wears glasses, so lenses have been invented->telescopes->better astronomy. Combine that with magically enhanced senses and yep, they definitely understand stars better than we did back then, and probably understand space itself.
They may know that there are glowing spheres up in the sky, but im sure they have no clue what vacuum is and how the atmosphere works. Telescopes only allow to watch space objects, not explore the space itself. Back in medieval ages people used to think that the whole world spins around the earth, including sun, so just having telescopes doesn't allow to learn much.

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021
And then there’s Actual Heaven with angels and goddesses… which presumably means there’s a hell and then there’s the void and other goddesses

Feb 22, 2024
And then there’s Actual Heaven with angels and goddesses… which presumably means there’s a hell and then there’s the void and other goddesses
true, since Eliette gave the MC a summary about the gods of the world in a conversation.
possibly leaving an existential doubt in the MC

and it's also part of my crazy theory of why the world of giant guardians is in the warhammer40k universe.
1715654470206.png
It's still under investigation but I'll get it.

Reactions: YouShallNotLol

Birel

Aug 31, 2022
It all comes back to Warhammer. Would explain the eternal wars tho. Also, I know guest characters are basically ancient history by now but. There's a nude front and back sprite of the dog giantess from the guest characters. Which I always found odd tbh

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
It all comes back to Warhammer. Would explain the eternal wars tho. Also, I know guest characters are basically ancient history by now but. There's a nude front and back sprite of the dog giantess from the guest characters. Which I always found odd tbh
That there's a nude front and back sprite, or nudes of her at all? My assumption would be that they just make a clothed and unclothed version of every character upon creation- it took three years to see Madea's nude model.

Birel

Aug 31, 2022
That there's a nude front and back sprite, or nudes of her at all? My assumption would be that they just make a clothed and unclothed version of every character upon creation- it took three years to see Madea's nude model.
Things is tho. Not all characters have nude sprites, and yeah I can understand the Madea one. As well as maryen having them but we kinda did see them when she is changing clothes while the MC is asleep. Still makes me curious if they had an H scene with her planned before they scrapped the guest characters

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
true, since Eliette gave the MC a summary about the gods of the world in a conversation.

and it's also part of my crazy theory of why the world of giant guardians is in the warhammer40k universe.
View attachment 3632441
Let's be honest, wh40k lore is so fluid that everything can be in that universe, even ultra marines fighting actual furries.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
If there is an actual heaven and hell along with spirits of nature, gods of void or even elements, then we are dealing with a very complicated divine structure. It makes me wonder, is there any hierarchy? Like maybe gods of heaven and hell are above gods of nature for example?

Last edited:

Chumgum

Aug 28, 2022

View attachment 3632441
Let's hope Giant Guardians doesn't try to gaslight us into believing arbitrary retcons too....

4.90 star(s) 27 Votes