4.90 star(s) 28 Votes

Rodri 0496

Oct 3, 2018
So, what do you think that happened in the forest where Nyxmay used to live? What happened to the fairies and the forest itself?
I believe (or want to believe) that it was not her fault, that someone else destroyed everything and her sadistic side awoke when she killed the invaders.
Also, since she looked a lot different in the past, how do you think it happened? I mean the look change, does it happen naturally when someone changes completely, she changed herself to not remember constantly how she used to be, or did she become corrupted by magic, and thus made her cause the destruction of her own forest?

This last update really got me, I really hope someone sponsors it at the end of month.

Last edited:

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
So, what do you think that happened in the forest where Nyxmay used to live? What happened to the fairies and the forest itself?
I believe (or want to believe) that it was not her fault, that someone else destroyed everything and her sadistic side awoke when she killed the invaders.
Also, since she looked a lot different in the past, how do you think it happened? I mean the look change, does it happen naturally when someone changes completely, she changed herself to not remember constantly how she used to be, or did she become corrupted by magic, and thus made her cause the destruction of her own forest?

This last update really got me, I really hope someone sponsors it at the end of month.
I think it's very apparent that people, probably the guys Nyxmay saved that the elder worried about returned to kill/capture the fairies, and then when Nyxmay started killing to defend them either found she just really enjoyed it, or snapped.
However, it's possible that there's some twist or curveball there, like Nyxmay killed them herself for some reason- like a witch fattening children up to eat, she gathers up the sweetest, most innocent lives to mercilessly torture and kill for the ultimate high.
As for how her appearance changed, my assumption is just Homaspernia's influence. Something about that place just hands out black wings

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gojii
Jul 12, 2021
I think it's very apparent that people, probably the guys Nyxmay saved that the elder worried about returned to kill/capture the fairies, and then when Nyxmay started killing to defend them either found she just really enjoyed it, or snapped.
However, it's possible that there's some twist or curveball there, like Nyxmay killed them herself for some reason- like a witch fattening children up to eat, she gathers up the sweetest, most innocent lives to mercilessly torture and kill for the ultimate high.
As for how her appearance changed, my assumption is just Homaspernia's influence. Something about that place just hands out black wings
While I agree its most likely Nyxmay's own hands that ended their lives, I do ponder if maybe it wasn't really her fault!? It was possible she was cursed/corrupted into a vampire, probably also by the same people she saved, and was later forced to kill the ones she loved against her own will. Now that would break nearly anyone...

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
At this point it could still be anything. Too few answers, too many questions.

Maybe her mental state reflects on her appearance (that would explain why the flower gets more red and eyes start to glow from pleasure), or she just made this look by herself. I guess for someone who can literally manipulate matter at such level changing an eye or hair colors and giving yourself wings will be as simple as doing a make up in reality.

Nyxmay is not particularly popular among patrons, so I don't think she will get an update so soon. However, we already saw how getting an interesting update stimulated sponsors to immedately choose Madea or Bezvaliene right after their routes got extended, so who knows.

Last edited:

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
While I agree its most likely Nyxmay's own hands that ended their lives, I do ponder if maybe it wasn't really her fault!? It was possible she was cursed/corrupted into a vampire, probably also by the same people she saved, and was later forced to kill the ones she loved against her own will. Now that would break nearly anyone...
I don't know... Nyxmay isn't really someone who could be cursed like that, especially with her powers. And even if she was cursed, how did she break from it? I mean, if curse could force her to do something as killing someone she loved, it must've been a very strong mind control, from which she couldn't just break free. If it was a blind rage like in a legend of Hercules for example, then those who were placing that curse made themselves a death wish, which also doesn't make much sense to me. I'm very curious about what Artificial will reveal to us, but more we speculate about it, more afraid I become that it will be meh or even bad also due to expectations.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
You mean she was like: "I killed the invaders, but it felt so good that now I will also kill fairies"? The most logical outcome that I can think of is that she left somewhere or got distracted, so after getting back to that temple, it was just too late. But even my theory still brings too many questions, so I don't stick to it.

It is in fact possible, however we got 0 clues for such idea. That will also move aside what seems to be the main motive of her condition and suggest something else like... what? "God asked me to kill them"? It is also visible that memories of those events are painful to her, so I don't know, it's hard to believe.

Yakuu haven't got any demonic attributes though. She retained her half-oni appearance even after living in the Hell Kingdom for many years.

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
Yakuu haven't got any demonic attributes though. She retained her half-oni appearance even after living in the Hell Kingdom for many years.
Well, I think corrupted traits only apply to races that weren't "evil" already. A vampire born in Timfalme who then moves to Homaspernia likely wont change physically at all, but an angel moving from Keisama to Homaspernia will see their wings turn black. Oni may be considered "evil" already, and thus there was no change for her.
At the same time, she may have changed, she may have been a different color originally, and ended up bleached.

Reactions: LiberatedSaber

Rodri 0496

Oct 3, 2018
You mean she was like: "I killed the invaders, but it felt so good that now I will also kill fairies"? The most logical outcome that I can think of is that she left somewhere or got distracted, so after getting back to that temple, it was just too late. But even my theory still brings too many questions, so I don't stick to it.

It is in fact possible, however we got 0 clues for such idea. That will also move aside what seems to be the main motive of her condition and suggest something else like... what? "God asked me to kill them"? It is also visible that memories of those events are painful to her, so I don't know, it's hard to believe.

Exactly, seeing that those memories cause her a lot of pain and sadness is why I believe that she was not responsible (or at least not directly) of what happened to the fairies.

BlackAion

Jan 21, 2018
I dont understand why people here think Nyxmay hurt her own faeries. Perhaps its because I read alot and spend too much time on tvtropes but its obvious something happened to Nyxmay and her faeries, something tragic, that made her like this.

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
I dont understand why people here think Nyxmay hurt her own faeries. Perhaps its because I read alot and spend too much time on tvtropes but its obvious something happened to Nyxmay and her faeries, something tragic, that made her like this.
I don't really believe she did either, but if Artical wanted to have a big (dumb) twist, then that'd be the most likely one.
I think a lot of writers believe there has to be a twist, which is why people, including myself, speculate. Not saying Artical is one of those writers, just that there are enough to leave you wondering.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
I made that assumption because currently, with all the details we've got, it's hard to compile the scene of that tragic moment in a such a way, that Nyxmay would for some reason not prevent murder from happening and at the same time snap from witnessing deaths of her subjects. I mean, they couldn't just tie her hands or something, right? And, at the same time, it can't be that she returned to the temple when it was too late, because she remembers "stop, it hurts" line, meaning that everything happened in front of her eyes. Having any conditions different from these 2 makes it even harder to imagine what the hell happened back then.

Apr 29, 2020
Maybe Nyxmay, and hear me out here, genuinely loved her fairies in a motherly fashion and didn't kill them with her own hands?
With how she phrased the MC being happy that he was happy and was playing with them it should be pretty noticeable that she had no hand in her former life ending to how she is now.

BlackAion

Jan 21, 2018
I don't really believe she did either, but if Artical wanted to have a big (dumb) twist, then that'd be the most likely one.
I think a lot of writers believe there has to be a twist, which is why people, including myself, speculate. Not saying Artical is one of those writers, just that there are enough to leave you wondering.
If they did it would be a bad twist full stop. There are many hints during the whole progression saying otherwise. The fact that she cant actually answer whether or not she is more happy now compared to before, the fact that she cherishes MC even more when he plays with the faeries, the fact that insulting Vai Klis results in -10 to her progression line etc.

I made that assumption because currently, with all the details we've got, it's hard to compile the scene of that tragic moment in a such a way, that Nyxmay would for some reason not prevent murder from happening and at the same time snap from witnessing deaths of her subjects. I mean, they couldn't just tie her hands or something, right? And, at the same time, it can't be that she returned to the temple when it was too late, because she remembers "stop, it hurts" line, meaning that everything happened in front of her eyes. Having any conditions different from these 2 makes it even harder to imagine what the hell happened back then.
What likely happened is that who ever did this to her correctly deduced that she literally would not hurt a fly thus were able to destroy everything with virtually no pushback from her. She, much like her faeries, where innocent and good to the point that they couldnt survive in a poor world. Only reason she did is because she is a Giantess.

Rodri 0496

Oct 3, 2018
If they did it would be a bad twist full stop. There are many hints during the whole progression saying otherwise. The fact that she cant actually answer whether or not she is more happy now compared to before, the fact that she cherishes MC even more when he plays with the faeries, the fact that insulting Vai Klis results in -10 to her progression line etc.

What likely happened is that who ever did this to her correctly deduced that she literally would not hurt a fly thus were able to destroy everything with virtually no pushback from her. She, much like her faeries, where innocent and good to the point that they couldnt survive in a poor world. Only reason she did is because she is a Giantess.
The theory that she was unable to use her power to kill the invaders on time is interesting; she could have been a pacifist and simply did not know what to do because she never even thought in the idea of killing someone. And seeing such a horrible scene happening in front of her eyes made her snap and kill her enemies, and feeling how each of their bones were being destroyed became really enjoyable, to the point that it became close to an addiction.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gojii
Apr 29, 2020
The theory that she was unable to use her power to kill the invaders on time is interesting; she could have been a pacifist and simply did not know what to do because she never even thought in the idea of killing someone. And seeing such a horrible scene happening in front of her eyes made her snap and kill her enemies, and feeling how each of their bones were being destroyed became really enjoyable, to the point that it became close to an addiction.
If this isn't what they are going with, that would be a massive L since this fits perfectly into a theme of rehabilitation.

anonymouz3

Jul 1, 2023

I'm not fond of the theory but there isn't really anything in the story that contradicts it.
Nyxmay derives pleasure from hurting innocents and has a twisted sense of morality. It's absurd to believe that a single event could cause a gentle goddess to turn into a cruel bloodthirsty sadist. Imagine Regina going full psycho and torturing random people for fun because a war between Lycalis and Viridice killed everyone she knew.

Reactions: YouShallNotLol

BlackAion

Jan 21, 2018
I'm not fond of the theory but there isn't really anything in the story that contradicts it.
Nyxmay derives pleasure from hurting innocents and has a twisted sense of morality. It's absurd to believe that a single event could cause a gentle goddess to turn into a cruel bloodthirsty sadist. Imagine Regina going full psycho and torturing random people for fun because a war between Lycalis and Viridice killed everyone she knew.
You underestimate the power of trauma. It IS possible to lose or dilute one's sense of empathy with trauma, thus becoming a sociopath in the process. Not to say that this is what happened here but there is a precedent thus it isn't near absurd as you think it is.

Creeperboy

Jul 29, 2022
"all it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where i am. Just one bad day"
-Joker (the killing joke, 1988)

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Just how lame it would be.
- Oh no, you're killing fairies that I love so much. What a 25m tall life magician could possibly do to stop you? Like I can't just take them away from you and stand on my feet so you couldn't reach them, right?
- Oh no, you killed another one, maybe if I say pretty please you will stop?
- Did you just killed the last one?! Okay, you have crossed the line buddy.
*kills him the most painfull way possible*
-
Well, I enjoy killing like nothing else now, gotta move to a different continent though.

Tragedy turned into a sick comedy. This "Innocence killed" trope simply stops working if it's subject can easily prevent what causes it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LiberatedSaber
4.90 star(s) 28 Votes