4.90 star(s) 28 Votes

anonymouz3

Jul 1, 2023
I mistook Shikali's skin for fur and thought the devs went full furry for a second there.

There is a thing i was curious about related to your walkthroughs and others are probably interested as well (which is why i post it here instead of asking directly). Where do you get the Information for the walkthrough from? I mean for example how do you know that this option will give you a +1 relation with character xyz or this option/condition will trigger a flag for hidden scenes/dialogues.
You unpack the files with Unrpa and then decompile the rpyc files with Unrpyc

Reactions: Gojii

Chumgum

Aug 28, 2022
Can anyone post the new characters and illustrations? I don't have time to play right now

GairMeyra

Jul 1, 2023
There is a thing i was curious about related to your walkthroughs and others are probably interested as well (which is why i post it here instead of asking directly). Where do you get the Information for the walkthrough from? I mean for example how do you know that this option will give you a +1 relation with character xyz or this option/condition will trigger a flag for hidden scenes/dialogues.
You can read my comment at the bottom of page 370 if interested
https://f95zone.to/threads/giant-guardians-v0-3-53-giant-guardians.72480/post-13423354

Last edited:

anonymouz3

Jul 1, 2023
Right? lmao

Anyways, about this update: Wow Croixe's was short, yeesh. If I were elfgirls4life I'd be feelin' fucking gypped. Madea's however was as people said, pretty nice; Big mama bear and foxy lady looked great- anyone notice the parallel to Regina's route, two new giantesses brought in for war discussions?
Yeah it might be the shortest update yet and a third of it was content we already saw last update which made it feel even shorter. It was also pretty meh even if you ignore the length, the princess got done dirty.
At least Madea's update was a pleasant surprise, I'm very glad they aren't dragging things out anymore. Maybe they'll also use her nude sprites next update which have been in the files for ages.
I'm also glad both Lycalis and Viridice are getting more characters, I've been complaining about how empty those kingdoms feel and the lack of side characters was a big reason for that. Both Ruvna and Shikali have affection points too, maybe they'll have their own routes in the future.

selius

Oct 7, 2017
bloody hell this game progresses at a glacial pace

gonna die of old age before they finish the queen route

Apr 1, 2021
As always, Madea is the sweetest character ever, she is just so pure, and comparing her to the other girls, I would say she's probably one of the most realistic characters. It's a nice change of pace, taking her time and not being driven by lust is very welcome in my book, it just allows to better expand the characters beliefs and what not, making for a better connection between the player and her.

Reactions: Rodri 0496

ELSCHNY

Jun 20, 2020
oh ..... sorry XD
fixed
when I looked at the name in the dialogue box, when only ice fox was shown, it showed Ruvna's name.
Maybe it bugged for me and showed the wrong name. It happened for me before in Renpy but I can't remember if it was in Giant Guardians or another game.
I don't think your Renpy buged, lately the updates have typos or the name on the dialogue box doesn't change when another character is talking. Some minor errors like these ones keep happening

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
Yeah it might be the shortest update yet and a third of it was content we already saw last update which made it feel even shorter. It was also pretty meh even if you ignore the length, the princess got done dirty.
At least Madea's update was a pleasant surprise, I'm very glad they aren't dragging things out anymore. Maybe they'll also use her nude sprites next update which have been in the files for ages.
I'm also glad both Lycalis and Viridice are getting more characters, I've been complaining about how empty those kingdoms feel and the lack of side characters was a big reason for that. Both Ruvna and Shikali have affection points too, maybe they'll have their own routes in the future.
Yeah, Croix's route was just... Sheesh. Was there a significant deviation between being on the "rogue" path and the "knightly" path?

And does Shikali have affection points? The most I can look at the game's inner workings are the guides GairMeyra posts, so I only saw Ruvna with affection points. I hope you're right however, though at the same time, it feels a little frustrating, being on one character's path for so long, then being given an option to swap horses mid-race. I think it was done well for Margarita and Madea for what it's worth, Madea because you can be totally not her type and just along for the ride with her as a result, and Margarita because it was an option from the word go, but if we're given the option to swap routes to the Viridice princess or the spider girl, that one will be a bit tougher because it doesn't feel like any such "outs" were built into Regina's route. I know you can have low interest with her, but *think* she does lewd stuff with you regardless, making it feel more like a relationship no matter what.

Last edited:

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Seems like the paths for Madea are getting more clear now: a cute romance, or the wolf giving up on changing Lycalis and letting her kingdom change her. It has potential.
I don't know how to react to the fact that Artical keep teasing his audience with yet another "calm" scene, like the one with a flower. I mean, I guess it was fair to make a pause back then, there were a lot going on, but second time the next day? The narrative is already slowed down, why doing that again? We met new characters, yes, but they didn't bring much, just repeated everything that already happened. You can't just make a stop right after a stop, it kills a general rythm of the story.

ControllerMan

Dec 17, 2023
Yeah, Croix's route was just... Sheesh. Was there a significant deviation between being on the "rogue" path and the "knightly" path?

And does Shikali have affection points? The most I can look at the game's inner workings are the guides GairMeyra posts, so I only saw Ruvna with affection points. I hope you're right however, though at the same time, it feels a little frustrating, being on one character's path for so long, then being given an option to swap horses mid-race. I think it was done well for Margarita and Madea for what it's worth, Madea because you can be totally not her type and just along for the ride with her as a result, and Margarita because it was an option from the word go, but if we're given the option to swap routes to the Viridice princess or the spider girl, that one will be a bit tougher because it doesn't feel like any such "outs" were built into Regina's route. I know you can have low interest with her, but *think* she does lewd stuff with you regardless, making it feel more like a relationship no matter what.
That's why im saying croix is B tier, her updates are kinda mid.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Chumgum

anonymouz3

Jul 1, 2023

Nope, the only deviation is based on Croixelle's affection score.
Shikali does have an affection counter, there just was no opportunity to score any points this update. My guess is they're planning ahead for when all the main routes have wrapped up but by then I bet most people ITT will have already moved on.
I disagree with you on Regina, her route feels more like two fuckbuddies on an adventure so I don't think an off-ramp needs to be justified. Imo Margarita's route swap was the least justifiable as
-she was by far the most committed to a serious relationship
-you're technically the one that initiates the relationship
-the one you're swapping to is her best friend that was shit testing you for her sake
but they did it anyway. If Margarita isn't off-limits then no heroine is.

• Thinking Face
4.90 star(s) 28 Votes