4.90 star(s) 28 Votes
Aug 18, 2023
Well, duh? What does it have to do with my statement? Also Madea knows magic, so it's unconfirmed if protection spell is beyond her skills or not.
=> I was just looking at various reasons on why other characters would have not to cast a permanent protection spell on the MC, to protect him from the environment they 're in, which is why I mentioned "irrelevant characters" to your message.

Yeah, sure, the war must me the safest situation ever. Also she herself apologized that they couldn't share much moments together before the war struck and she will have to fight alone sometimes, therefore MC shouldn't have to stay with her at that times. It is logical for her to be concerned about his safety, and since she does, not doing any form of magical protection is just dumb.
=> Precisely why I said "at the moment" as the war hasn't happend yet, and previously she really didn't need to.

"It's great, but I almost got crushed" is one of the first lines that MC says when meeting Sheina in the castle. Considering that Timfalme has normal sized and giants coexisting in peace, that kingdom should probably be the biggest buyer of protection services for normal sized people, be it potions, spells or whatever. It could be much easier to explain if that spell did not actually exist or had hard limitations, but from what we saw with Yakuu, it can work wonders when it comes to interacting with a giantess. It's like if in our world, each and every nation just ignored something as useful as antibiotics for example.
=> That's why I said "relatively". I assume, living in Timfalme as a giant requires you to be trained/you won't even be allowed entry if you are not careful/can't completely avoid the "tinies" by flying or something.
Could be that protection spells/potions are simply expensive too, on a kingdom scale. <= I can definitely imagine that being the case. (+I assume their culture has "evolved" to have a sort of caution at all times to avoid crushing people, if that makes sense)

---
All that stuff aside though, we are trying to get the same thing across. The way the game handles magic/potions is honestly horrid. And its a complete miss-step that protection spells/potions are shown to be used in the world. But then (often) not applied where it would be most logical to do so.
With Maryens&especially Eliette's path being the worst offenders.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023
but she's so sweet! She would *never* (intentionally) kill anyone...

also regarding the whole not casting a protection spell when MC was in danger, to me it seems Elliete gets so flustered and nervous about potentially hurting MC that it completely slips from her mind
and I think that would fit her character pretty well
The only thing I can really think of, as to why not.
Maybe repeatedly reinforcing Eliette, saying you are fine when you are hurt, saying you trust her not to harm you, even when she is this clumsy, makes Eliette think casting a protection spell on you would betray that "trust". But on the other hand when you are passive to Eliette/do not reinforce her, once again, if she were truly as innocent as she appears to be she would have definitely cast one. Or ask someone to cast one on you.
It would be really interesting if Eliette is keeping the MC around for a solid reason, maybe to monitor him; Maybe they know more about him than they're actually giving away(+instructions to eliminate him if he finds out something or too much).
=> And the divergence path being the path where you realise this.
=You romancing Eliette "the klutz" is just a secondary thing/will prevent her from doing XX, or wil make her disobey or whatever..
Now that would be cool.

Reactions: Chivalry/Honor
4.90 star(s) 28 Votes