Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
So I have some time on my hands and I decided to give a go at trying to get some clarity to the pregnancy system. I'll rewrite all the events that now refer to names to refer to ID instead. I'll rearrange one or two of the pregnancy variables that seem redundant to work unique purposes and shift their odd jobs to already existing ones that should work just as well. I expect this to cause some growing pains as I get more familiar with GL and QSP. I am by no means an expert coder to begin with so while this should fix some issues it is likely to create new bugs along the way. I'll try to tackle those as they appear.

Hopefully I'll manage at my mission and in the future it will be easier to pick up and write events related to pregnancy. I might need some manpower in testing before I dump the issues into the main branch at Kevin's lap. :sneaky:

As a bonus I already found the bug that likely has caused many reported issues, including the very first one I reported last month where a baby born didn't receive a name. There was a rogue killvar list that always deleted data from the first child when any fertilized egg failed to implant.
That's awesome, I'll send you a DM here just to confirm some things.

Reactions: maankamara

Lurkin23

May 15, 2021
It's good how Girl Life is in development and being constantly improved... and seeing the updated image pack showing why the bras and panties didn't work anymore... a directory structure making more sense... however sometimes in these image packs you may take a step backwards. I really liked some of the school uniforms. Is there any particular reason they were overwritten?
32 & 36 I can understand, 34 was perfect bimbo material to be replaced by non-bimbo, instead of appending... but some I don't know why they were replaced instead of just new ones appended at the end.

You probably even have someone mention it every update, but I couldn't find it in the extensive faq (possible I over looked it)

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
In the traits there should be a "slut" one that comes from random hookups, prostitution, etc. Where it does something positive not negative. Like more likely to be approached for (not lesbian) hookups.

bene123

Aug 13, 2022
Same problem with virus detection on the 0.8.9 sound pack. Windows just point to the 7z archive and not the specific file.

Windows reports as "Win32/Bladabindi!ml"

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Windows is a trojan itself and the defender is known for false reports.
But if you are that afraid just play it without sound.

Reactions: Genjurooo

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
It's good how Girl Life is in development and being constantly improved... and seeing the updated image pack showing why the bras and panties didn't work anymore... a directory structure making more sense... however sometimes in these image packs you may take a step backwards. I really liked some of the school uniforms. Is there any particular reason they were overwritten?
32 & 36 I can understand, 34 was perfect bimbo material to be replaced by non-bimbo, instead of appending... but some I don't know why they were replaced instead of just new ones appended at the end.

You probably even have someone mention it every update, but I couldn't find it in the extensive faq (possible I over looked it)
The uniforms where meant to be a certain way from the start. Some was added without checking if they fit the code and text about the school. When that came to light we did a poll on discord of the players and the overwhelming majority wanted the strict dress code the school original had. So those other uniforms was removed, they might return as just regular clothes at some point.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
In the traits there should be a "slut" one that comes from random hookups, prostitution, etc. Where it does something positive not negative. Like more likely to be approached for (not lesbian) hookups.
Slut fame already does this. How much writers use it I can't say, but slut fame can be used as triggers to accomplish this already.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Magic schoolgirl (if you dont want magic normal schoolgirl). Go by logic, start early, get more content, start later, miss more content ^^

Reactions: darklove

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017

Doesn't flag anything so it all seems safe. Check your download matches with the hash so that nobody altered it. If it doesn't, then tell us which mirror did you use.

Code:
SHA256: 3eae317a8fe40a6d85f8b499e324a40218e0c4598de52e3f60a993deb6e04e88

HoodedSilence

That which passes is forgotten.
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
If anyone is looking for an easy tool to check hash codes for Windows:

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
Wasn't nearly as bad as I feared, though it might still be bugged. I would greatly appreciate if anyone had time play testing it. Requires a fresh save, or at least one where pregnancies are yet to happen.

Particular points of interest:
* PC pregnancy and the various reactions of different NPCs about it.
* Natasha & Katja pregnant at the same time as PC.

Should it all work as I planned this version should have less bugs than the main branch around pregnancy, but more likely there's something I messed up and it has more. All feedback is appreciated!

EDIT:
v2 hotfix: hunted down some rogue apostrophes.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2019
That is the main focus but understand it will take some time before it is as filled out as the pav school is. More stuff is added each update to the Uni, mostly stuff at the coffee hole to do and more Katja story arc was the two main area's added to.
I try the Uni Start yesterday after i make a fresh new install of GL but maybe if you chose the Uni Start in that way you dont get much as after 3 Hour's i give up on it as there absolute nothing that i dont get in any other start.
Only new things i was getting was the brothel Work offer from the Roommate then nothing more.
Katja stuff where there but not much i was able to talk with her before Uni beginns when i was at the Lessons and in the Cafe after Uni that was all.
one time i find here in the Hole even 1 other old School friend but then they never show up again there.
After i talk a lot with Katja she invite me to here room but when it get to the sex scene game turn to black Window.
After i can Visit here endless (when she is in here Room) and talk but she repeat endless the same Questions nothing more happen. Have you ever had sex with boys? No! next question have you ever had Sex with boys?(Hey Girl are you Braindeath i say no before) .......... and that every day she ask again and again the same stuff nothing change anymore.
Then i encounter a Boy in the Park Cafe that show me his Room in the Uni but more then talking he dont do or direct Fuck me even i dont know him much.
For the rest i dont find nothing new until now only some work option but they clash very heavy with the Starting Time and the Uni Lesson times.
Uni itself is absolute Empty no Rooms (Apart the 2 i found Katja and gosh) until now . No Party's.
In the shared Kitchen/Bathroom/Toilet absolute nothing happen im always the only Person there general seams everywhere in the Uni im the only Person there.
The Lesson have some Picture but nothing real big or interesting same or close how it was in school the option i can chose are very limited im not able to do absolute nothing nasty or sexy.
General i will not play any more this Uni thing as it have real nothing until now even i read somewhere that it was start to work on year 2.
But maybe there is real much more and you dont get it if you chose that start direct and dont play School part before but real i dont want to make again an entrie school year to test it.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I try the Uni Start yesterday after i make a fresh new install of GL but maybe if you chose the Uni Start in that way you dont get much as after 3 Hour's i give up on it as there absolute nothing that i dont get in any other start.
Only new things i was getting was the brothel Work offer from the Roommate then nothing more.
Katja stuff where there but not much i was able to talk with her before Uni beginns when i was at the Lessons and in the Cafe after Uni that was all.
one time i find here in the Hole even 1 other old School friend but then they never show up again there.
After i talk a lot with Katja she invite me to here room but when it get to the sex scene game turn to black Window.
After i can Visit here endless (when she is in here Room) and talk but she repeat endless the same Questions nothing more happen. Have you ever had sex with boys? No! next question have you ever had Sex with boys?(Hey Girl are you Braindeath i say no before) .......... and that every day she ask again and again the same stuff nothing change anymore.
Then i encounter a Boy in the Park Cafe that show me his Room in the Uni but more then talking he dont do or direct Fuck me even i dont know him much.
For the rest i dont find nothing new until now only some work option but they clash very heavy with the Starting Time and the Uni Lesson times.
Uni itself is absolute Empty no Rooms (Apart the 2 i found Katja and gosh) until now . No Party's.
In the shared Kitchen/Bathroom/Toilet absolute nothing happen im always the only Person there general seams everywhere in the Uni im the only Person there.
The Lesson have some Picture but nothing real big or interesting same or close how it was in school the option i can chose are very limited im not able to do absolute nothing nasty or sexy.
General i will not play any more this Uni thing as it have real nothing until now even i read somewhere that it was start to work on year 2.
But maybe there is real much more and you dont get it if you chose that start direct and dont play School part before but real i dont want to make again an entrie school year to test it.
That seems a fair assessment, there isn't too much. There is a bit more cafe stuff you didn't see and the nerds should be around to play some DnD with but the old parties were removed and there are no new ones yet. The guys that you can have sex with is based on old content and doesn't require you being at uni (Djibril is Olu's nephew and you can meet him in Olu's taxi in Pav too).

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
That is most of it, as I said it is still a wip, it will take some time before it has as much content as pav school does. Some things you missed which kevin partially covered.

There is like 4-5 students you can run into at the coffee hole and interact with, The nerd game night is now taking place there and if you are friends with Feofan you can get a invite to go to the game night even if you was never a nerd. Katja is there on Friday's and you can have a fairy involved interaction with her there. Also Anushka works there part time and you can interact with her some there including if you wait till closing doing another photoshoot with her.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Just remember to keep the lesbian katja route loyal in the uni too...just saying because she is the rarest gem in this game, starting as virgin and loyal even after inviting natasha for some fun together ^^

Fungamer80

May 26, 2022
Does the storyline with the therapist somehow continue after you become a succubus?
I was already pretty far including fucking... But now I can only talk to him without the hypnosis.

Mahroni

Aug 22, 2020
Anyway to add points into relation with groups meter , i've maxed out relation with most of the popular group members (started as nerd for difficulty), but progrees bar is too damn slow to get a invitation from them before october. I need to join either popular or jocks in order to start albina questline(starlet).

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes