VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Girl Next Door [v0.2] [Leoleon]

1. 2.00 star(s)

L3z1l3

Originally I thought the biggest problem with this game is the translation or rather lack of.
    But after playing it I think the lack of direction is even more of an issue.

You are thrown into the game without any story or hint what to do so you are playing whack a mole with the locations trying to find someone to interact with then repeat the same in the next time slot.
    Only a few times do you get a "quest" from the girls where you know what to do to advance the story. But those quests are so ridiculously stupid.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The graphics and animations are look good. Only MC-s dick looks ridiculous. If this game had at least a minimal amount of consistent story and characters would act consistently the rating would be a few notches higher.

There are also some serious bugs in the current version. But that's secondary for me at the moment since this is just a early demo.

In my opinion this game needs a complete rewriting for the story and the characters to make some sense. The free roam should either be removed or made it so that you don't have to play whack a mole. (Hint system with location and time slot for the next step with each person.)
  2. 3.00 star(s)

czenris

The renders are really nice. Very cute girls but sadly, due to language issues and weird ui, I am unable to enjoy it.

Also, I feel kinda lost and no idea what I'm playing. But of cos its only v0.01 so I can't blame much.

Maybe add some intro and set the story up? I'm sure dev put hard work into it so I don't want to give too low rating. I'll check back later to see if dev did any updating
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Cloud9-Kojack

5 just for the potential and to rid these salty ass review bombers sway...

Keep up the hard work dev and work on that story board, and getting some translations. :)

Enjoyed the renders, and models used.
    More color variety would be nice.
    Decent interface and UI so far.

Nice v0.0.1 demo.

(Will return later to update review after several updates...)

EDIT: Barely an update since and game seems abandoned. Lots of potential wasted... Guess the review bombers were right. :KEK: :HideThePain:
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Demoness_Kiss

Story: What story?The game and plot is in Chinese, i don't read or speak Chinese

Originality (based on the premise in the OP): Unoriginal.

Renders: Good graphic but it's Honey Select 2...everything is good if made with Honey Select 2

Sound: It's standard, nothing to say, nothing to comment(like every other game)

Playability: just no.

Performance: at least is on Renpy... 1/5

Bugs: the game itself

Animations: ///

Voice Acting: ///

Grammar: ///

Amount of content: it's the first release and there is nothing...

Conclusion: People are acting surprised that the game sucks...but it's from the same dev that made Evil life, which was abandoned by the dev himself, for some reason...so even if the game will be good, it starts with a bad omen on it...
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Trasher2018

Ok - this is a horrible "game".

No English text (except the menu) and NO introduction or anything.

It just drops you into some house and free-roam! Deleted and banned for life. :mad:

There is no excuse for such a mess. Mark it as "tech demo" or something like that, but this? Its nothing.

You could be a pink goat in a house to search for food - you dont know.

Girl Next Door is a Sci-fi visual novel with some fantasy elements and erotic events.
    It is not a novel - there is no text. There are just renders of a house and there are no erotic events or fantasy elements ... because why should to wander thru that empty house? ...

So angry ... I go and prepare dinner ... so angry...