Unity Glassix 2 [v0.11.0] [Gaweb Studio]

Revotur

Sep 25, 2018
Not when the developer says the game will transition from 2D to 3D, on a first try at 3D ever lol. There's still work to improve shaders and lighting but all of this takes days to figure out as a beginner and I prefer offering something playable at the moment. I'll try to improve this aspect when the game offers a little more content. But again, the screenshots are outdated and the camera angles don't help. I'll update them as well asap.
Maybe try with anime characters instead of realistic ones? They look quite good in 3D.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Maybe try with anime characters instead of realistic ones? They look quite good in 3D.
Lol. You do realize I'm already several months of work into the game? Changing models now would be like starting from scratch... I'm not supposed to bash posters but sometimes, I really wonder if people think before posting their answers... Come on, your best suggestion is to ask the dev to completely change the models of his game just to suit your own taste? Really?

Also, Daz models are among the best out there. Did you try to play the game? There is a character editor in the game. How about you try playing with it then giving feedback? If you end up with a nice character, I could even use your card as a character template for NPCs which would improve the game! You could help!

nakonnako

May 1, 2018
This.....reminds me a bit too much of lifeplay
look rough

Just a bit of suggestions:

option:
-put sound volume, please.

character creator:
-please change the background, its waaaaay too bright (or at least put few options to change the lighting in the character creator)
-when picking on the face, zoom it to face, so we could see whats change in detail
-beard, beard kinda broken, after I pick one option, it stuck
-during character saving, the character moves ..following wasd I assume, fix that, so they don't move when trying to save.
-put more options for hair, like length, thickness etc.

well, this much for now, since I didn't explore much yet, just looking into the character creator

Last edited:

HHSForever

Jul 16, 2017
Lol. You do realize I'm already several months of work into the game? Changing models now would be like starting from scratch... I'm not supposed to bash posters but sometimes, I really wonder if people think before posting their answers... Come on, your best suggestion is to ask the dev to completely change the models of his game just to suit your own taste? Really?

Also, Daz models are among the best out there. Did you try to play the game? There is a character editor in the game. How about you try playing with it then giving feedback? If you end up with a nice character, I could even use your card as a character template for NPCs which would improve the game! You could help!
Is there another way to modify the overall appearance of characters design that will not throw all your work out the window? For example looking at Daz site there are more cartoonish character models as well such as The Girl 7, not saying this specifically is the solution, just curious if there is something that could morph the overall facial features of all characters to be less realistic. This would help with the hearts in eyes, the hair detail and may help find a more complimentary lighting/shading solution since this is not posed/pre-rendered like the first game.

Understandably you want to work on code and get suggestions to improve the game and all you get are comments about the character models not "looking as good" as the first game. Unfortunately when so many are turned away or negatively distracted by the current character appearance it will be difficult to get more useful testers/feedback. Also filling the rooms a little with placeholder objects may help, not expecting the finished product but some cabinets, countertops, art, posters, bookcases, trashcans, different color walls in classrooms (adding cablinets or bookshelves along walls may solve the issue of too much empty space.)

In the first game the interface worked well with all characters in a location all standing and facing the player until triggering an event. With the change to a 3D game the current interface and camera is less than ideal in rooms. A default grounded first person view of the player moving around would be nice to use for interacting with characters and looking around without camera flying around and going through ceiling, walls, floor. The focused camera is good, but "leave your body at the door" in 3D game takes away from feeling of controlling of the specific character. Also one of the most fun features in the original game were the Glasses themselves. The James Bond x-ray vision effect. Is there a way these could be brought back or as the story explains with it being a power from Lily, could it still be a focused view that moves around (this has sometimes been shown in comics where xray vision is just where they are focusing, similar to first game but without wearing glasses), with different layers of penetration based on power level and filtered choices at higher level including filters for strength, range and the current separate male and female selections. Strength of vision - see through furniture, see through outerwear, see through base clothing, see through underwear. Range of vision - see through just a small part of a person's clothing, see through a whole individual's clothing, see the whole room without (this one already exists).

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
This.....reminds me a bit too much of lifeplay
look rough

Just a bit of suggestions:

option:
-put sound volume, please.

character creator:
-please change the background, its waaaaay too bright (or at least put few options to change the lighting in the character creator)
-when picking on the face, zoom it to face, so we could see whats change in detail
-beard, beard kinda broken, after I pick one option, it stuck
-during character saving, the character moves ..following wasd I assume, fix that, so they don't move when trying to save.
-put more options for hair, like length, thickness etc.

well, this much for now, since I didn't explore much yet, just looking into the character creator
Noted for the sound option, I forgot about it.
For the character creator background, I was planning to add a proper room once I have a real introduction to the game with Lily and Anael.
The zoom on face would indeed make things easier, I'll add to the todo list
I'll check for the beard, weird.
The character does not move, the camera does with wasd indeed. I assume it's when you type the name of the save and it contains such characters. I'll fix that.
For hair options, it would be complicated. I'll simply go with more hair style instead ;)

Is there another way to modify the overall appearance of characters design that will not throw all your work out the window? For example looking at Daz site there are more cartoonish character models as well such as The Girl 7, not saying this specifically is the solution, just curious if there is something that could morph the overall facial features of all characters to be less realistic. This would help with the hearts in eyes, the hair detail and may help find a more complimentary lighting/shading solution since this is not posed/pre-rendered like the first game.

Understandably you want to work on code and get suggestions to improve the game and all you get are comments about the character models not "looking as good" as the first game. Unfortunately when so many are turned away or negatively distracted by the current character appearance it will be difficult to get more useful testers/feedback. Also filling the rooms a little with placeholder objects may help, not expecting the finished product but some cabinets, countertops, art, posters, bookcases, trashcans, different color walls in classrooms (adding cablinets or bookshelves along walls may solve the issue of too much empty space.)

In the first game the interface worked well with all characters in a location all standing and facing the player until triggering an event. With the change to a 3D game the current interface and camera is less than ideal in rooms. A default grounded first person view of the player moving around would be nice to use for interacting with characters and looking around without camera flying around and going through ceiling, walls, floor. The focused camera is good, but "leave your body at the door" in 3D game takes away from feeling of controlling of the specific character. Also one of the most fun features in the original game were the Glasses themselves. The James Bond x-ray vision effect. Is there a way these could be brought back or as the story explains with it being a power from Lily, could it still be a focused view that moves around (this has sometimes been shown in comics where xray vision is just where they are focusing, similar to first game but without wearing glasses), with different layers of penetration based on power level and filtered choices at higher level including filters for strength, range and the current separate male and female selections. Strength of vision - see through furniture, see through outerwear, see through base clothing, see through underwear. Range of vision - see through just a small part of a person's clothing, see through a whole individual's clothing, see the whole room without (this one already exists).
Well, I actually quite like the current characters in game so I'm afraid I won't change them.

I also understand preview images are important. I've been a bit lazy and will update them when I have time.
Filling room is indeed planned and I should work on that in v0.13.
For the location camera, I'm currently not planning to change it, though I will make it move automatically above the player when entering a location. But I see Glassix 2 closer to how The Sims games play (camera wise) rather than how usual visual novel games play. You won't have direct control over your character with WASD, you just click on stuff and character position adjusts instantly. I can add a first person camera though.
For the X-Ray effect, I also would have loved to have the same effect as in Glassix 1 but I'm not sure it's possible, at least, not with my current skills.

Thanks again for the feedback :)

Reactions: nakonnako

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Ah btw, when trying the freeplay, using my own character, somehow the character become naked, I dunno how to make them not naked, even though I've already pick the outfit during profile creation.
Yeah, currently, the outfit is not saved. I'll have to fix that too. So many little things overlooked :x