• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Glimpses of the Past [v0.4.0] [MrStarRaccoon]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Zeroone

Amazing game! There might not be a lot going on with it right now but the story is very decent and I look forward to seeing how it evolves in the future. The renders look great and the characters are all very interesting and likeable.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Sharzii シャルジイ

+The Story aspect of the game has some real promise to it. It doesn't really seem one of those cliché stories. I like how the story unfolds in each coming updates.
    +Writing, dialogues weren't really upto mark when i first started playing, also knowing the dev is Russian, that can be expected, but witj further updates, the writing and dialogues section has shown prominent development
    + Characters are unique and have colorful personalities which is a positive shove to the Story. Renders are so very well done with lots of efforts. The childhood renders are bland though, but the adult renders are exquisite.
    +Selection for music is also what i liked about this VN. Personally, I'm a huge fan of Neffex and well, there's a few songs from Neffex which compliment the situation and suit the story during yhe songs
    +NTR tag. Well, there is NTR in the VN, but it is AVOIDABLE. So please, don't be of an opinion yhat the game has hardcore NTR. Well, its avoidable and doesn't really affect the story much. Just some nightmares.
    + Updates are frequent and the Dev doesn't disappoint with the coming updates.
    10/10 would recommend
  3. 5.00 star(s)

GolCK

- Wonderful Music
    - Beautiful Women
    - Smooth Animations
    - Good Story (so far)

A little bit philosophical and good cliffhanger after every episode. Sometimes a little bit to much of flashbacks but overall i liked it very much so far.
    Can not wait for more of this.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

TheorPhys

The very promising game. Renders are great, storyline is intriguing, nice soundtrack and well-written characters. Dialogues are also done very good.
    I hope this one will join top-tier games.
    BTW, these milf characters are extremely hot! :D
  5. 5.00 star(s)

facedown6

(English is not my native language)

One of those games that doesn't make me skip the dialogues.
    The story keeps me interested and does a good job making the player relate with the mc.

The women in this game all look gorgeous. They do not look as if they have been recycled from other games.

Animations are beautiful and smooth, maybe even the best I've personally seen.

If I really have to say something negative about this game, it is that I hope there will be a little more sexual actions in the future. (outside of the MC's dreams)
    But I understand the game is still in early development.

Keep up the good work
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Shangaria

amazing attention to detail, nice animated scenes, this game is amazing so far, i can't wait for more. the story so far is great to and i like it, when it stopped i just wanted to know more so im here for the long haul for sure.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Rafflemo

This game does so many things right.
    Theres a variety of background music and sounds that create a nice atmosphere while not being distracting, the models are good looking and the background story of MC is a little more fleshed out for once, which makes him relatable.
    The animations that are implemented outside H-scenes do a lot for the game to not be as "slideshowy" as many other Ren'Py games.

There are some minor design decisions I don't really understand though. The biggest flaw are the heads of the children in the flashback scenes. Uncanny valley deluxe.
    Also, why does the redhead wear literal lingerie for shopping.

All in all, great potential with the story- and render quality
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Abhai

this game ages well.;)
    it has some nice potential in storytelling and girls/milfs variety, and it improves with each update so far.
    another big plus from me, a dedicated milflover, is that milfs are hot as fuck and yet they actually look like proper matures unlike many even dedicated "milf games."
    the language could be improved on occasions, but if you are not a native speaker, that should not bother you much.
    one thing that could be better though is a look of youngsters/kids - they have faces of grown-ones which is kinda creepy.
    considering a whole picture, im certainly looking forward to further development!

p.s.
    dont mind those one/two stars ratings here, those are either some fat old jealous comp-fappers, or the greatest game developers of all time starting to fear this game could overcome theirs ;)
  9. 4.00 star(s)

akikospam74

Pretty early review (v0.2) but so far so good

- Story seems ok, but it's too soon to tell
    - Visuals are good for the adult characters. Nice renders and characters expressions, animations are ok too.. However, the children are weird as fuck, their faces look old and the heads are too big, disproportional to their bodies.
    - MC looks bad ass
    - Dialogues are ok for the most part, but there are some weird/cringy ones

Looks promissing
  10. 5.00 star(s)

CvtBfg

Very nice/original plot.
    Well writen and polished.
    Funny as hell and interesting at the same time.
    very good renders, excelent atmosphere.
    Story 10/10
    humor 10/10
    renders 10/10
    dialogs 10/10
    So much potencial, really looking forward for future updates !
    Well done !!!
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Tataty

When the srory started, I really liked it. The child that runs away from home and comes back after many years. And his hot mom/stepmom/fathers ex that he falls in love with. Sounds good.

But what the hell happened to the protagonist? The only thing missing is mind powers and a freaking light saber...

A meditating hipster with long hair who has a damn black belt and meditatates his ass off?
    Seriously, that guy could bang every girl in the game ass to mouth and he would still be a douchy jedi hipster.

That guy is far from real and kills the mood of the game.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

Hmm, this game is alright. The story isn't delved into very much just yet but the MC seems interesting enough. I noticed a lot of issues with the translation to English. Some lines were even written in Russian in spite of me being on Eng.

I think the girls look alright and for the most part the renders are good. The children with adult faces was one the creepiest things ever though wtf lmao. I think given a lot of time and a lot of effort this game could become pretty good. Right now, I would say it's not worth a download but this game certainly has plenty of potential, it just needs time to grow.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    + Plot was good enough and general story telling looks well written aswell.
    + We have a lot of animation for different uses: like sex scenes or background of some story scenes, like a rain background etc...
    + Renders looks decent enough.
    + MC was realy cool guy. And playing as a him was realy cool aswell! He was looking pretty inique and different from other Adult VN main characters. (Well at least he was until DEV chance him to lame ass classic VN character...)

Bad Points
    - Like i told plot and story telling was good but i should say they were good until DEV start adding nonsense content to game like the part teenage MC goes other people house and rape their tits... Seriously what the hell was that?! Cant you find better way to tell MC had troubled childhood?
    - Child faces/heads looks weird, it looks big and odd.
    - I toldMC was inique and cool guy different from other adult games but... At some point i dont know why our DEV cut his beard and hair and he became one of that classic lame ass VN MC's... And oh god... His ears looks damn funky LMAO... How can someone dont even know his own character and which haircut would look funny like clown? Anyway he lost all that inique look and cool MC vibe... This was probably one of worse character look change ever seen in my life. Well done bro you just blow up your inique character looking. With this new style even story and MC's character development started changing and he literaly became one of those lame ass MC's even with his character... So when we see some scenes like his old style they feel absurd and incompatible. For example even when he beat 6 guy he dont look cool at all, its not even close enough to his first fight scene ingame with only beating one guy. He is not compatible with his own story, character and apperance. And ll of them started with just one apperance change... Well done... And its not just about his looks. After getting haircut he starts talking like his old/child self aswell. Like he doesnt learn all this things from his mentor, like he is not same guy we start learning in first episodes, like he didn't learn anyting and he is still that same strugling child again. In a lot of situtation he cant even decide what to do, he dont know how to act etc. He is just like his old self and its realy realy bad choice to make...
    - Some characters are straight annoying and badly written! Like Alice... Oh god i dont even want to talk about how annoying she is... If you realy want to add someone to story you should consider making her compatible with story and MC instead of just adding annoying character and acting like ''Yeah she is annoying but wait, i will write well written reasons for that: so for time being just bear her cringy character.'' yeah... Thats genious!

For The End
    So i cant say its bad game, heck it was great game when its first released but with new updates its started losing more and more of own quality... I hope DEV will fix problems and make this game better, this game had potencial but its literaly ruining by DEV which is quite sad... If i had any chance to change someting i would change whole haircut and MC's character became like his childhood self and write those parts again, it will be a lot of work but at least it would be 5 star game instead of this 3 star lame ass game...
  14. 5.00 star(s)

mrrahman

good storyline along with good visuals ! loved it! it was good for a starter! and I always love the main protagonist having dark pasts! hope the dev keeps grinding and make this vn a freaking blast to read
  15. 3.00 star(s)

superiorvenacava

INITIAL THOUGHTS:
    This game is a solid first start, but it has a quite a few issues with it

PROS:
    The models look fantastic and so far the story looks very solid
    It does utilize the Ren'py engine very well
    The backstory is interesting thus far (at least from what I can gather)

CONS:
    This game is in dire need of a translator. Every sentence that I read (and this is not an exaggeration) was not grammatically correct, and very hard to understand which means that understanding the story is extremely difficult
    There are no nude scenes in the first version of this game with the protagonist
    It is a fairly short update, though it does contain many renders
    A little bit of backstory is okay, but whenever an update or version contains this much of backstory, it's very annoying.

CONCLUSION:
    It's a solid game, but goodness me it needs a translator BADLY. I cannot understand what the developer is wanting to say at all. Also, I understand how the story has to be setup in order for the game to make sense, but this much backstory in one version is absurd. IMO, the developer could and should spread out this backstory over several updates, not condense them all into a singular version.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

dacris69

This is for 0.1

When you see the option to choose between russian and other languages, you know you will get headaches while reading the writing. Getting past that, 75% of this 0.1 is with/about kids and flashbacks, which are all terribly boring scenes (plus all kids have adult faces attached to them, which make them look like freaks). The game also has many useless short animations.

Skip it.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Chronoe

0.1.0 review

The game has a good potential to become a envolving history ( very different from most adult games out there ) Has good renders and animations to back it up. my only gripe is the translated english. I can understand most of it; but, it needs proofreading to make this a 5 star games
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Markbestmark

I see a huge potential in this game. The dev definitely trying to show us something better than just a "fap game". The story is a little bit scattered. But let's wait for the next updates to see what will be with the relationship between main character and girls.